The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Group for all young entrepreneurs (25 and below) - mastermind type

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
That hit hard. It does take alot of courage to share your ideas here and risk making a fool out of yourself. Then again there's no harm in trying to create a group to make friends with people who share the same mindset.

Oh whoopie do - do it.

You're worried about looking like a fool, and you want the comfort of your friends. That's a stage of life, and that's fine.

When you're ready to step out on your own, and stand all alone for all to see, that's an entirely different level. Of course, you're not ready for that yet. No problem. Just realize that there are trade-offs. To make great progress you will have to ask a lot of questions, and you will have to take chances. You'll likely fail a few times, and maybe even look like a fool. Only a fool worries about things like that. If you don't fall/fail, your goals are too easy. There is no such thing as failure if you keep going. There are ** only ** lessons, and the lessons in life will be repeated over and over until you learn them. Then, you get NEW lessons. It never ends, so get used to asking questions, taking chances, and perhaps looking like a fool. Anyone that hasn't done those things either hasn't taken on a big enough challenge or they're lying. No shame in mistakes - everyone makes em.

Steps. Take as many steps as you need. Stay in your safe place for as long as you want to. We're all wired differently. Just know what you're giving up for what you are getting. I think you're giving up a lot for a security blanket feeling. Do that if you want to - just don't plan to stay in that mode.

I did the exact same thing, by the way - so I've been there, done that, got a T-shirt. You crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. No problemo - if you put yourself on a progress schedule so you break out someday.

And one more thing you should know - just when you figure out the game, they change the rules. Yep. Plan on that. Roll with the punches.

Good luck. You'll be fine!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Let's start a geezers club, I'm 47 so need to set age min at 45.

I'm just throwing this out there. Was the music, cars, style, and CERTAINLY the women better 30-40 years ago? I don't see songs or cars lasting in the limelight like they used to - and still do... What has Chevy made in the last 30 years that compares to the 50's? Uh-huh.

I would never want to be under 30 again - even if I could. Preferably not under 40 either. Life really got a whole lot better after 40 for me. Not financially - just pure happiness, confidence, strength, and being in the "prime" of life. The geezers know of what I speak.

Who amongst the geezers agrees? What would your ideal age be?

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL

Damn, second club I'm not eligible for in this thread. Whatever will I do with myself.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The interesting thing to me with these age limiting groups is that everyone in the group has the exact same life experience and therefore will get and give the same advice. I'm not saying that the group will not be effective, but imagine if there was an old "been there done that" person in that group.

For example, what do all those lines in a home closing doc mean? Which lines are pure BS and can be removed or negotiated?
Does this NNN lease look ok?
Damn I got a cease and desist letter.
Should I form an LLC now or later on?
What fees do I look for when importing something?
Oh shit, I got into my first car accident, what do I tell the other insurance company.
Does this quote look ok to build this website?
How do I get a business loan?
Should I sell my company now?

Just imagine if one person in that group had already done these multiple times.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
The interesting thing to me with these age limiting groups is that everyone in the group has the exact same life experience and therefore will get and give the same advice. I'm not saying that the group will not be effective, but imagine if there was an old "been there done that" person in that group.

For example, what do all those lines in a home closing doc mean? Which lines are pure BS and can be removed or negotiated?
Does this NNN lease look ok?
Damn I got a cease and desist letter.
Should I form an LLC now or later on?
What fees do I look for when importing something?
Oh shit, I got into my first car accident, what do I tell the other insurance company.
Does this quote look ok to build this website?
How do I get a business loan?
Should I sell my company now?

Just imagine if one person in that group had already done these multiple times.
Awaiting tryouts for your mastermind group.....seriously

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
I have 4 business partners now, in various industries. One is 7 years older than me. The rest are 30+ years older.

What I appreciate about the 30+ guys, is they kick my a$$ on a regular basis.
That's the goal everyone should strive for. May I ask you how you found your business partners?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The focus on age is what gets me. It is a very immature thing to only have friends around your age and to consider age a factor.

If you are in your 20s, you are an adult.

I have SEVERAL friends that I made in my early 20s that are decades older than me. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of my friends are older than me, like near 100 percent. That has HELPED my career as an entrepreneur more than “sticking to my own kind.”

When I was 20-25, I realized “sticking to my own kind” would create an idiot echo chamber. I would suggest you not waste your time considering age with anything you do. You seem to be very focused on it and hell bent on segmenting with age, that’s fine, but it’s going to be a waste of time.

I golf with a guy almost weekly that is 40 years older than me. He is such a good friend he now that he comes to our thanksgivings. He also ran a global, publicly traded company and has been one of those people I know I can just bounce things off of.

I have a friend on this forum @Vigilante. Ever since we hit it off at a beer and pancakes summit like 7-8 years ago we have talked on the phone at least once a week. I don’t know how the hell old he is, but probably ballpark 20 years older than me. He has kids not too far from my age. Vigilante encouraged me to start another company in addition to what I was doing. I stashed a lot of good money in the bank because of him and eventually even sold the company to him.

I have another close friend that is 30 years older than me. He owns a real estate empire worth 9 figures. He wouldn’t take no for an answer when he wanted to invest in one of my companies. We have since become very good friends. He has mentored me in real estate and we are even discussing creating and working together in a hedge fund.

These are just three examples that an idiot echo chamber, and immaturely excluding people from friendship that might be older than you, would exclude. That is just wisdom talking and that comes with age.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
When I was 20-25, I realized “sticking to my own kind” would create an idiot echo chamber. I would suggest you not waste your time considering age with anything you do.
Amen to that!
It was for that reason that I joined a Men of Valor fellowship from church...and ended up the youngest one out of like 30-50 year olds.

Even in this COVID shutdown, I still have fortnightly zoom sessions with my group (5-6 'boomers' lol), and chat on Whatsapp regularly.

Some of the folks have decent success levels that I desire (one of them is retired after he sold his IT business, after getting tired of it), while a few are in the heyday of their careers (one is an insurance planner).

So every meeting with them feels like a new outing lol.

I have another close friend that is 30 years older than me. He owns a real estate empire worth 9 figures. He wouldn’t take no for an answer when he wanted to invest in one of my companies. We have since become very good friends.
Sometimes I hear horror stories of business issues that part friendships.
How do you deal with that kind of thing? Or rather, do you keep friendships and business apart?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Sometimes I hear horror stories of business issues that part friendships.
How do you deal with that kind of thing? Or rather, do you keep friendships and business apart

Honestly, I think that is a leadership issue solved with radical candor. Stay ahead of the the ups and downs, be honest.

We work well together because there isn’t that passive aggressive power struggle. We just put the cards on the table. I learned a long time ago from an old, now dead, geezer, Jack Welch not to allow passive aggressive power struggles at my companies.

Winning is a good book.

I am the stronger leader and that is why I would be the CEO of the fund. He, on the other hand, has a gift for the deployment of money and far more experience. The deal guy.

Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The focus on age is what gets me. It is a very immature thing to only have friends around your age and to consider age a factor.

If you are in your 20s, you are an adult.

I have SEVERAL friends that I made in my early 20s that are decades older than me. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of my friends are older than me, like near 100 percent. That has HELPED my career as an entrepreneur more than “sticking to my own kind.”

When I was 20-25, I realized “sticking to my own kind” would create an idiot echo chamber. I would suggest you not waste your time considering age with anything you do. You seem to be very focused on it and hell bent on segmenting with age, that’s fine, but it’s going to be a waste of time.

I golf with a guy almost weekly that is 40 years older than me. He is such a good friend he now that he comes to our thanksgivings. He also ran a global, publicly traded company and has been one of those people I know I can just bounce things off of.

I have a friend on this forum @Vigilante. Ever since we hit it off at a beer and pancakes summit like 7-8 years ago we have talked on the phone at least once a week. I don’t know how the hell old he is, but probably ballpark 20 years older than me. He has kids not too far from my age. Vigilante encouraged me to start another company in addition to what I was doing. I stashed a lot of good money in the bank because of him and eventually even sold the company to him.

I have another close friend that is 30 years older than me. He owns a real estate empire worth 9 figures. He wouldn’t take no for an answer when he wanted to invest in one of my companies. We have since become very good friends. He has mentored me in real estate and we are even discussing creating and working together in a hedge fund.

These are just three examples that an idiot echo chamber, and immaturely excluding people from friendship that might be older than you, would exclude. That is just wisdom talking and that comes with age.

Pizza - beer! Hey, what do I have to do to meet you and your friends? T-Bones!

I clearly see that I need a new group of friends!

LeeRoyBrown

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 5, 2020
Uk
Wtf. Why take away from the forum? Grow some balls, stay here, make some 24 and below posts with action, embarrass yourselves like the rest of us who are learning.. and then show respect to MJ by ADDING value to his forum.

Exactly my thoughts. IMO, such threads shouldn't be allowed since it's literally directing members AWAY from the damn forum. Keep the content on here why take it onto some crappy messenger software.

AbiH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 16, 2020
Salt Lake City
Hey lads,
I was thinking of starting a group for young entreprenurs (25 and below) with a tmf mindset to discuss self development, ideas and to motivate each other and be responsible for each other- being accountable to each other so we can grow.

I am 18, and most of my friends prefer partying and have a very loser-ish attitude. Its difficult to find people with a winner-like mindset and what better place to look for than this forum.

Hit me up if you are interested, or comment below.
What platform would you prefer? Discord, whatsapp?
Ooh I would love to jump in on this! How Can I?
Cheers mate!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Sadly we didn't have the blessings of the mentors here and the group was pointless. Still there, but quite dead.
I think there's no harm opening up a group PM on TFLF and chatting there.
But that would be more of a networking than a 'mastermind'.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sadly we didn't have the blessings of the mentors here and the group was pointless. Still there, but quite dead.

You guys can still do it. But what you found out really quick is that it will be dead if there is nobody in there to guide it or maintain any type of structure.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
As the Vets already mentioned, unless you have a few 20-25 year old CEOs, millionaires, or billionaires, you won't get much value out of the group even if you all possess the same "mindset". The purpose of these groups/masterminds is for personal growth/business growth. Growth comes from experience. So what point will that group serve if everyone is on the same "level"?

I would rather be in a 4 person group with @Kak @biophase @Vigilante than any amount of 20-25 year olds.

I'm 25, I can't think of one friend I have (business/personal growth wise) that's under 30. My "youngest" friend is 34 who owns a Condo development firm. My "oldest" friend is a 58 year old CEO for the Canadian division of a publicly traded company I recently quit my job at.

You guys can go ahead and create groups and discuss ideas, quotes, videos, etc. But what value are you really getting out of it? I wouldn't call it a mastermind.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC

You don't need anyone's blessings m8.

Reminds me of this clip...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEdwaLQLag

We've been razzing you b/c we've seen where this goes, and it usually hits a brick wall.

Especially with the age limit. That's what everyone here is having issues with.

Here's what's worked for me to build my online network:
  1. I DM people, on whatever platform and connect wit them. If we have something in common/useful to share with each other we keep in touch
  2. The younger guys, we talk more often. The older ones, we check in every couple of months to catch up
  3. With the people I really click with, we connect on social media or some other platform.
  4. Out of that came 3 discord channels, with varying degrees of people, from college kids to successful entrepreneurs
It wasn't forced. It just organically grew, and out of that come great opportunities.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
As the Vets already mentioned, unless you have a few 20-25 year old CEOs, millionaires, or billionaires, you won't get much value out of the group even if you all possess the same "mindset". The purpose of these groups/masterminds is for personal growth/business growth. Growth comes from experience. So what point will that group serve if everyone is on the same "level"?

I would rather be in a 4 person group with @Kak @biophase @Vigilante than any amount of 20-25 year olds.

I'm 25, I can't think of one friend I have (business/personal growth wise) that's under 30. My "youngest" friend is 34 who owns a Condo development firm. My "oldest" friend is a 58 year old CEO for the Canadian division of a publicly traded company I recently quit my job at.

You guys can go ahead and create groups and discuss ideas, quotes, videos, etc. But what value are you really getting out of it? I wouldn't call it a mastermind.

Make it 5. I am down for a call aswell.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
You don't need anyone's blessings m8.

Reminds me of this clip...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEdwaLQLag

We've been razzing you b/c we've seen where this goes, and it usually hits a brick wall.

Especially with the age limit. That's what everyone here is having issues with.

Here's what's worked for me to build my online network:
  1. I DM people, on whatever platform and connect wit them. If we have something in common/useful to share with each other we keep in touch
  2. The younger guys, we talk more often. The older ones, we check in every couple of months to catch up
  3. With the people I really click with, we connect on social media or some other platform.
  4. Out of that came 3 discord channels, with varying degrees of people, from college kids to successful entrepreneurs
It wasn't forced. It just organically grew, and out of that come great opportunities.

I was being sarcastic. Many people told us it won't work and it didn't.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
Hey lads,
I was thinking of starting a group for young entreprenurs (25 and below) with a tmf mindset to discuss self development, ideas and to motivate each other and be responsible for each other- being accountable to each other so we can grow.

I am 18, and most of my friends prefer partying and have a very loser-ish attitude. Its difficult to find people with a winner-like mindset and what better place to look for than this forum.

hey Im 20 and I just got into entrepenuership(new years eve). Discord would work fine with me. MashupBT#5716

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 8, 2019
Hey lads,

[/QUWhatsapp will be preferable, bcs it's most popular and used viraly

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas

So everyone leaves out the 25 - 45 age group. Typical youngsters and seniors always thinking about themselves.

Those small mastermind groups always fail. That's what this forum is for. There's enough master minds here to go around. I remember joining those young fellas mastermind groups and they always stalled after the initial excitement. Than the group administrators turn them into funnels for other bullshit.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was being sarcastic. Many people told us it won't work and it didn't.
Remember though that it’s common for many people to say something won’t work.

It’s often helpful to figure out why, and it’s often helpful to not bother figuring out why and just do it.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just ask @MJ DeMarco to maybe create a section of the forum for people under 25 and get the best of both worlds.

All the youngest people I met at the summit got the most from connecting with "older" members (like @SteveO @Kak and @biophase) along with people their own age.

When you are young you think older people don't get it but when you get a little older you realise they get it way more than you do (they were all under 25 once too) and it was foolish to not ask them for advice all along.

No one is saying not to connect with people your own age but to go isolate yourself is not going to help you the way you think it is. Also it doesn't add any value to the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.