The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Vietnam

botaybry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

My name is Bryan and I am a Viet Canadian. After living in Canada for around 7, nearing 8, years - I decided it was time to go back to Vietnam. Why?

For many of the reasons DeMarco lists in his book, The Millionaire Fastlane . I have had rumblings - or feelings - about the state of my life while I was in Canada. I was working that corporate 9-5pm job, and spent my weekend mornings working on my side-hustle, which I believe COULD skyrocket me to wealth if successful, and then spent the rest of the evenings hanging with friends. It was an alright life. Comfortable. Privileged and better than what others might have. But I knew that something was wrong. I knew deep down that this was not the road to wealth. This 9-5 was not going to get me there. And only working on my side-hustle for a few hours a week? How was I going to make it?

While I had these rumbling thoughts, I was reading the Millionaire Fastlane , and every word, every sentence, every chapter resonated with me. I knew the feeling in my stomach - the unease I felt while living my seemingly comfortable, passive life - was onto something. And after bumbling around for a few more months, I decided to leave my job and return home with my mom to work full time on my ideas. My "business" so to speak.

Thankfully, I have an incredibly supportive mother who understands me and my intentions. Some of my friends in Canada thinks Im a little crazy I bet. They won't say it - and I'm sure there's a little bit of judgement here and there (I can feel it). I bet they think I'm just a bum, running back home to be taken care of. In some ways - that fear of being perceived that way really held me back from moving, but here I am anyways.

I'm hoping to meet some other like-minded individuals. While I made lots of great, loving friends in Canada, I knew that if i stayed around them, I would be sucked into the pressure of just living normally. And as DeMarco puts it, if you want to live unlike others, you have to be unlike others. And I don't want to be passive.

So, anyways, that's my intro/blog post/ tldr of my current state of my life. I'm glad to be able to have this opportunity to speak with you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome and thanks for the intro!

While I made lots of great, loving friends in Canada, I knew that if i stayed around them, I would be sucked into the pressure of just living normally.

Normal in Canada 3 years ago and normal today is vastly different.

botaybry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 18, 2021
Welcome aboard, Bryan! Seems like you have a good head on your shoulders, I wouldn't worry about what your normie friends think.
Thank you! Yes, although i care for them dearly, I think its better if i just isolate myself rather than try to explain myself - when i know it's probably not going to go anywhere

botaybry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 18, 2021
Welcome and thanks for the intro!

Normal in Canada 3 years ago and normal today is vastly different.
Woah! Thank you for the welcome! Was definitely not expecting a reply from the author himself!

Different how? In my years in Canada, the gripes ive had/noticed in the culture were that people weren't different. In that they weren't changing and that everyone (in my age group at least) had more or less the same mindset. Basically, find a job and get "secured". The end goal was just the job - nothing more ambitious than that.

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
Welcome Bryan

I was born in Vietnam, and left at very young age. I visit regularly before covid, and each time it's a different country from when I left.

It's rapidly changing, and it's awesome you can be a part of the rise! Good luck on your journey.

botaybry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 18, 2021
Welcome Bryan

I was born in Vietnam, and left at very young age. I visit regularly before covid, and each time it's a different country from when I left.

It's rapidly changing, and it's awesome you can be a part of the rise! Good luck on your journey.
Oh really? Awesome! Maybe the next time you're back we can go grab a coffee or something.

It is indeed rapidly changing. I don't recognize the downtown area anymore from when I last remember it! And thank you! I hope your journey is faring well as well

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...