• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Good Media Buying Course?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by YoungPadawan, Dec 29, 2018.

1. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $351
    Hey yall,

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good media buying course? I've searched on the forum for media buying information, but the most recent stuff is like from 2014.

I know @JasonR recommends Digitalmarketer.com (which I definately am perusing) , but I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on courses on media buying specifically.

Many thanks!

2. Coalission

Coalission Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $62,532
    I took Media Buying Masters from Justin Brooke over at AdSkills.com, that's where I'd start if you're a beginner.

3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke MONK Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,345
  4. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $351
    Great, thank you!

5. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $351
  6. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,627
    Which marketing channel specifically?

RazorCut likes this.
  7. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $351
    Hey Andy,
    I'm not really sure which channel specifically. I'm just trying to find a way to get lower cost per click. ($0.40 or less hopefully) I've tried PropellerAds in the past, and I was amazed at the super low cost for getting eyeballs onto product pages.

The niche that I'm in shows that it's high competition on Adwords, but I'm not totally sure on that. I'm new when it comes to paid advertising.

My product has a profit of $13 (including fulfillment) before advertising costs are considered. How do people get traffic to their site and still make a profit on items with a profit of $13 or less? Does your course kind of go over stuff like that?

Thanks!

Xeon, Andy Black and RazorCut like this.
  8. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,684
    With a low profit product such as yours you must consider what the LCV is (lifetime customer value). Is it viable to break even or even lose money on the first sale in order to capture a customer who will provide long term revenue? Obviously it depends if your product is deemed a consumable or a one off purchase.

Also upsells are a logical way of improving your profit per sale. What can you entice your customer to also buy in their first purchase?

Are you also utilising re-targeting in your advertising?

Most of the time people concern themselves too much on cost per click when what they really need concern themselves with is their conversion rate. After all I expect you would happily pay $4 a click if you had a 50% or higher conversion rate.

9. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $351
    Yeah, I plan on only having 4 products, because that was all I felt that I could make better than what is already out there. Maybe I'll put some generic stuff on my site too, I'm not sure.

A good thing with the main product, is that some people will buy multiple, and hopefully tell their friends.

I'll look into conversion rates more. Thanks!

Xeon and RazorCut like this.
  10. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,684
    I don't know which advertising stream you are looking at but this might give you some ideas of conversion rates on Facebook. Bear in mind the CPC prices are out of date as this data goes back to 2016 but the conversion rates should hold water.

facebook-advertising-benchmarks-by-industry-infographic.png

How Much Does Facebook Advertising Cost? A Definitive Guide

Any Facebook advertisers here that can share their experience of their conversion rates?

Xeon and YoungPadawan like this.
  11. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,271
    Every channel has different properties that generally justify the CPCs. There's a reason why display CPCs are low, Facebook/IG CPCs are in the middle, and Google search CPCs are high.

It's also not so simple as 'conversion rates on x channel are higher', although conversion rate is often a result of these properties that various traffic has.

For example, Google search people are looking for something specific so it's easy to specify what traffic you want which will result in higher bids for those spaces and higher % of people converting. Facebook/IG people are bored looking for content (regardless of source) so if you give them something that breaks that boredom, you have their attention. People looking at a website are looking at something + you are interrupting them with some sort of banner ad. People watching youtube are looking to be fed specific content, and your ad appears before or during that content. And the list goes on: every kind of traffic or ad is represented by what people are doing when they are served your ad.

Chasing lower CPC without understanding how the traffic behaves will cause you to blow thousands on bullshit traffic.

Not really. It's just not so simple to say how Facebook traffic converts. It converts better than display, native, and PPV, that's for sure, but not as well as search.

Andy Black, RazorCut and YoungPadawan like this.
  12. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $19,684
    No it isn't so simple. However knowing what others are experiencing in their vertical is always useful. Search will always produce higher conversion rates as you say as you have an audience who are actively seeking your product (if your search terms are on point). You pay the price of that with higher CPC of course.

The advantage of social media traffic is in it's scalability and CPC takes into consideration the lower conversion rates compared with search. A lot depends on the product and how it is marketed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  13. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,749
    Solid advice. CPC is so overrated. I'd happily pay $10/click if it made me $20/click.

And, I love it when people ask me "Do you have PPC experience with Facebook?." I always respond with "No, Facebook isn't PPC. It's a CPM business model. You're thinking of Adwords."

My focus has always been money in vs money out. That's all that matters.

14. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,627
    Yeah. When people call it PPC then I know they don’t quite get it. That’s the method of us paying for the visitors.

Oh, you meant Google Ads? Do you mean paid search ads, Google Shopping ads, Gmail ads, YouTube ads, Google Display Network ads?

Notice how I called them visitors too. I prefer that to “traffic”.

You guys beat me to it. I was also going to mention not chasing low CPCs. I have a thread somewhere saying your goal is to increase CPCs.

OP... check out my AdWords posts in my signature.

Sanj Modha, YoungPadawan and Xeon like this.
  15. Sanj Modha

Rep Bank:
    $13,749
    I call them 'prospects'. It's my job to turn them into customers.

Andy Black likes this.
  16. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,008
    Ezra Firestone and Molly Pitman have a new course called, "Train My Traffic Person" that might be worth checking out.

Other than that as mentioned previously, Justin Brooke is highly recommended in the media buying space.

YoungPadawan likes this.
  17. Sanj Modha

Rep Bank:
    $13,749
    Step #1 - Go to Udemy.com.
    Step #2 - Type 'Facebook ads', 'Media buying' and similar keywords into the search bar.
    Step #3 - Sort the search results by reviews or number of students. High to low.
    Step #4 - Watch the welcome video or the free modules.
    Step #5 - Signup to Udemy's newsletter and buy the course when they run the $10 offer days.
    Step #6 - Level up.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.