• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Going "All-In" on ONE cryptocurrency... which?

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by MJ DeMarco, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $466
    Heh... You said "great Scott!"

Young Money likes this.
  2. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $475
    The one I make. They all have their issues, but the winner will solve the mass adoption problems of crypto. Bitcoin is HDDVD, I'm waiting for Blu-Ray.

ruzara5 likes this.
  3. TinyTim

TinyTim Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $437
    So, you don't believe ANY of the current coins will be here in 5 years?

4. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $475
    Be here? Of course, typewriters and record players are still here. There are small niche companies who manufacture blank records for indie musicians to record on to sell to their dedicated fans who think you lose enough sound on digital media, that it is worth paying for records and players etc but iTunes is the mass consumer version.

Both have value, but no one thinks manufacters of records have the value of Apple, but Bitcoin is valued like that.

In 5 years time at this value, no. You see Bitcoin is special because it is the first, not because of any great reason.

Most of the holders are now speculators, and it's quite liquid so it could drop quite easily, once something better comes along. There no stickiness that's why ICOs are working so well. That's why there so many day traders. Crypto hasn't got out of the need space yet. When these do, that's when the format wars end. The crypto that gains mass adoption is the one that I expect to be the killer app, that devalues Bitcoin and it will be quick, because as soon as the speculators realise they will keep trading Bitcoin for newcoin, knocking the price down.

This has killed other cryptos before, because the cost of maintaing the nodes, is more than the value of the crypto, so they died. Who would plant a moneysucking hole rather than a moneytree?

Banks are working on their own (Santander has their beta users already) and Swiss banks are actively fighting them. There was a lot of rumours around Google's reachout to vitalik butterin . Do you think the average Joe trusts those more or less than unknown people?

Do you think Swiss banks are likely to have the resources needed to scale? Do you think /Google has the familiarity with deploying lots of computing power? There's cloud tokens for AWS too. Now the ICO explosion has occurred due to the erc20 making creation costs cheaper at the expense of higher transaction costs, but the customers are paid those anyway, combined with all.the money to be made.

NEO and ETH or some derrivative would likely be still around 20 years hence,(early internet bulletin boards turned into forums, in a similar manner) as will.a few utility tokens.

However, everything is priced in Bitcoin then fiat.

So anything that can solve the mass adoption problems of Bitcoin, can push it's price up at the expense of Bitcoin and all the other coins.

Bitcoin is an early automobile, crypto-Ford is building the Model T right now!

On the long game, I'd be watching ICOs carefully but going with santander/ubs/google/aws/Facebook shares in the long term, if any of those kill Bitcoin, I think they'd benefit.

Remember bitcoin is a competitor to Apple pay/Google pay and they know that. Eth offers a chance to get away from dependence on AWS servers.

Giving control.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    ApparentHorizon likes this.
  5. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $475
    Note that the real uses of eth use the tech not the eth.

There's a company in Germany that uses eth tech as way to provide the handshake and ledger for recharging EVs wireless from slabs in the road when stopped at traffic lights. There's other resarch under way, nano,cos, a way of storing data that avoids the need for power backup in data centres (fault tolerant massibely switchable, distributable, low power) so they can safely run on cheap intermittent renewables. They all use their own private version of etherum though. It's the difference between the internet and the companies private intranet.

Sure the tech is valuable, and those companies who are selling Private eth nodes and networks could be the next Cisco, but the only way to get exposure to those kind of things is to buy company shares.

But buying shares on the Frankfurt exchange for a company with a mundane name that's using blockchain for a practical application, isn't sexy or hypervalue short term rises.

That said over the short term, sure lots of money to be made, but I can't predict when it will devalue. I certainly wouldn't hold more than 1% of my assets there over the long term.

6. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,603
    That's a cool use. Since it's for in-house use, the unforgeable feature of a blockchain isn't that important to them, but having the shared ledger be distributed is very valuable.

I recommended you make a blog about the tech news that interests you. Suggest you add these kind of cryptocurrency articles too, as another category you could cove. I would enjoy visiting a blog that had an assortment of this kind of news, without my having to dig all over to find it.

7. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $475
    Well, they are basically buying them back off the electricity suppliers , so it's helpful in the way that vouchers not being forged are handy for retail providers. There is probably a few edge use cases in e-ticketing, sneakernet etc.

I did have a blog, but there was never enough traffic, to maintain any interest, I think you need to be much more active on social media than I am(or pay someone) in order to spread the word and drive traffic, it doesn't seem worth the effort for the reward, especially as social media is a big time suck,and if your not careful you can end up getting drawn in to the action fakers. I also get the impression a lot of people are leaving websites/blogs/forums for WhatsApp groups,fb,discord etc.

8. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,603
    The crypto vouchers for the electric utility are on topic here. I should have put my comment about your blogging on your own thread. My mistake. Let's move that discussion back over to your own post, I don't want us to derail the crypto conversation.

LittleWolfie likes this.
  9. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $729
    ~

BITCONNNECCTTTT!!!!!!!!!

What am i gonna do!

[​IMG]

Late Bloomer likes this.
  10. DHZ

DHZ New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $50
    I've personally had good results with Nebulas making 125% returns. At the moment it's very volatile although the team is more focused on developing the blockchain ecosystem than they are with marketing.

11. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $475
    I think their is real potential in;

Proof of stake for distributed sensor systems(perfect for gathering data remotely, we already have homing pigeons carry datacards for remote photographers to process their pictures, we could process water or co2 levels in a similar manner) gaining a global picture. What are the biggest co2 sinks and emissions in remote areas of Africa?

A mutable PoS system to allow for an easy automatic powerless switch over database (imagine if at night databases could automatically flip between hemispheres, with the sun never setting on the database,solar panels become a real viable power source.

Proof of authenicty

Transferable tickets

Double entry ledgers( all crypto are currently single entry) look at rhe revolution moving accounting to double entry brought with it, in a time of ink quill and paper.