• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Going "All-In" on ONE cryptocurrency... which?

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by MJ DeMarco, Mar 19, 2018.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $316,913
    Admin Post
    Hypothetical poll...

Your life depends on your decision.

Pick ONE crypto currency that will survive and then thrive. Time frame, within 5 years. Die = goes way of eToys.

Pick correctly you live.

Pick incorrectly you die.

Which do you pick?

And why?

ruzara5, Leo Hendrix, Alden and 8 others like this.
  2. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,570
  3. steelandchrome

steelandchrome Author of The Retail Leader Book. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,801
    Ethereum. Biggest platform and most active and in use projects.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Javin, Leo Hendrix, Alden and 2 others like this.
  4. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,060
    Garlicoin.

In all seriousness.

ETH

It's not the coin, but the management.

They're open to experimenting and trying new ideas. Watch some videos with the founder. He looks like he crawled out of the depths of 4chan, but he has an IQ to match.

JPMorgan and other banks have formed an alliance to research ETH.

Although it's an asset, it's also a platform. The biggest tech companies in the world are platforms.

They have games that run on it. Some pet thing, but that's how you get adoption and usage, vs hoarding like BTC.

Javin, nitrousflame and Xeon like this.
  5. loop101

loop101 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,431
    Bitcoin, because it is the one that has been scrutinized the most. The whole premise of crypto-currencies is that there is a LIMITED number of them, unlike fiat currency which governments, like the USA, print on demand. If the math is wrong, and their number is not limited, then *poof*, they become valueless. So I would bet on the one that is known to be the most mathematically sound.

6. LifeTransformer

LifeTransformer Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $810
    I can't believe who started this thread to be entirely honest with you, sounds like crypto chasing. ;)

As it stands right now, it would have to be Bitcoin.

Despite all its problems, it is still the "king" and there's a reason for that. Even at its weakest, it still maintained over 1/3rd of the total cryptocurrency market cap. (Or close enough).

Why? Mind share, network effect, longest chain, largest amount of hashpower, etc. etc.

7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $316,913
    Admin Post
    I'm actually looking to confirm a bias... lol.

8. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,682
    VeChain.

It’s one of the only cryptocurrencies that has current valuable use for businesses like PWC and Renault. Plus it has a great team and you get paid in THOR for owning it.

9. arcola

arcola Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $392
    Bitcoin

All other currencies are beanie babies

10. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    If I had to choose just one, Bitcoin.

I’m incredibly confident in its long term potential to be a major player in the market long term, no matter what happens with other alts.

ETH is a close second, but I can only pick one.

For something to “win” over bitcoin, in my opinion, I would want to see superior tech implementation (something many alts claim, but few can prove) as well as the ability to win over the market by hacking market share away from BTC (something no coin has come even close to doing so far imo)

I don’t think ETH will ever take over BTC, but the two will almost certainly live in harmony if both make it through the inevitable bubble bursting.

Just my take.

Dami-B, Alden and ZF Lee like this.
  11. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $170,044
    Having played for the last 6 months in several aspects of the cryptocurrency market my answer is...

None.

If forced to choose between going all in on one speculative coin or investing in none, I would choose none.

To me your question is akin to taking all of your money in Vegas and putting it on red or black. Only, the red or black and Vegas have much better odds then a single cryptocurrency coin.

I bailed out of ETH 24 hours before the most recent 40% decline and transferred all of my money out of coinbase.

Cryptocurrencies remain a high-risk speculative Gamble. Can you make a ton of money on them? Yes. As I was stupid money I'd rather put my money into something that I can exert a higher degree of intelligent control over.

The_Saphir, Chef, Alden and 19 others like this.
  12. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $183
    Bitcoin Cash.

Problem: BTC is a big ponzi scheme without a use case. "Hodl" is not a use case. Some people compare it to gold, but gold has use actual cases in jewelry, industry that give it value beyond just scarcity. Bitcoin doesn't. It's scaling solution "lightning network" is currently unusable and in the best case scenario turns it into PayPal 2.0, and it's beyond me why a merchant would use that instead of fiat.

Solution: Bitcoin Cash use case is peer to peer electronic currency. Fast and cheap to transact, with a community incredibly passionate about merchant adoption. Some reasons for merchants to use it over fiat:

[​IMG]

It's also working to enable smart contracts similar to Ethereum later this year: Bitcoin Cash Lays Roadmap for Reinstating Script Opcodes, Improved DAA and Canonical Transaction Ordering

Javin, ZF Lee, Maxboost and 1 other person like this.
  13. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,317
    100% of my portfolio is on five coins right now:

- ETH
    - ICX
    - VEN
    - RFR
    - NAS

If I had to choose one, it would likely be ETH...

Javin, Leo Hendrix, Greg R and 5 others like this.
  14. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    Definitely ... if you’re not smart money you’re better off staying out of the market for everyone’s best interest.

Nothing wrong with that.

JohnBuffet likes this.
  15. csalvato

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    BCH is highly manipulated by an emotional and incompetent “CEO”. I don’t like many coins that have a CEO as a long term investment, personally. and the ones I do like have ones that appear highly competent. Roger Ver appears to be a flat out idiot.

16. Kak

Kak Capitalist Pig Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $16,726
    Cybercorn... It has a no downside with at least a trillionX upside potential. Those of you that don't know about cybercorn are missing out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  17. IGP

IGP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,049
    None... I think it's foolish to place all your eggs in a single basket. I am perfectly happy investing in block chain technology, but I prefer my portfolio to be more diverse.

That said I did purchase more ETH this week.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  18. Kak

Kak Capitalist Pig Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $16,726
    The anarcho-capitalist in me loves stateless currencies... But... What Vig said... I need intelligent control.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Late Bloomer, Tommo, tpf and 5 others like this.
  19. nitrousflame

nitrousflame Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,859
    This is a really interesting question, especially considering the source. I also find it exceedingly difficult to answer!

Bitcoin (BTC) is like the S&P of crypto and it's still very difficult to hedge it with any other coin. Sure, other coins are very capable of making bigger and faster moves, but they tend to move with BTC for the most part. In my opinion, this trend will continue until there are more fiat on-ramps into other coins directly. This is one reason why I'm not planning to re-balance my BTC-heavy portfolio, at least not today.

BUT...

BTC is no longer what I was originally excited about ~5yrs ago, which was a decentralized electronic cash system with a limited supply. I could go into more detail, but basically I strongly disagree with BTC's choice to solely pursue off-chain scaling, especially considering Blockstream and the investors behind it (seriously, take a look). For this reason, I have added Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on top of what I got automatically via the hard fork. BCH is actually closer to the original Satoshi whitepaper than even BTC is. Anyway, this now accounts for my second biggest holding in terms of dollars.

Finally, Ethereum (ETH). If I had only just discovered cryptocurrency today, I think this would be my "one coin HODL." While I'm not yet ready to sell everything for Ethereum, and its price is still influenced by big BTC, it is the easiest coin for me to support. Also, all of the awesome use-cases aside, Vitalik just seems like an actual decent human being.

Kak, Xeon, csalvato and 3 others like this.
  20. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $183
    BCH doesn't have a CEO, it'a consensus based system.

Roger Ver is merely a supporter, and is actually as fastlane as it gets in the cryptos. He was well off even before bitcoin came into existence by starting MemoryDealers, and now owns www.bitcoin.com which is the most sought after domain in the crypto space and businesses associated with it. Doesn't sound "incompetent" to me.

Gunther Herzog, nitrousflame and Xeon like this.
  21. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $316,913
    Admin Post
    That's not what I'm saying.

This is a hypothetical scenario designed to expose where people stand on a particular coin.

Kinda like when you're arguing with a friend who is the best NFL quarterback who ever played, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

And then he says, "Well, if you had to pick 1 quarterback and your life depended on HIM winning, who would you pick? Pick the wrong QB and you die" The hypothetical, no matter how crazy it is, exposes your true feelings.

The_Saphir, Alden, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  22. Arnika

Arnika Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $156
    Bitcoin is the father of all and for that reason it will always be the king. By looking at the circulating supply, and look at how much is lost forever, if it's an asset that people want it could hold it's value really well. Yes gold could also be used for jewelry, but as soon as people don't agree on shinny jewelry it could lose some of its value. By looking at how crazy technology is growing bitcion can easily be digital gold.

Ethereum on the other hand, has the most used case scenario. It is the infrastructure of something big. A lot of applications can be built on it. After solving most of their issues, a lot of multi billion dollar companies can be built on it. However, it will only keep its value if they can make money on these multi billion dollar companies. Yes the multi billion dollar companies have to exchange their tokens for ethereum, but I don't think that will push etherum prices higher.

Lastly, hopefully cryptocurrency is not the only thing making up anyone's portfolio. I believe that I have missed the boat for the most part, with the crazy % increase with bitcoin and ethereum, and for that reason about 40% of my cryptocurrency portfolio is made up of REX mls tokken. It is built on the ethereum network, and it is a real estate data storage on a decentralized network. Knowing how much money there is in real estate, if it's succeeds it can be very big.

Leo Hendrix and Xeon like this.
  23. Sagemoney

Sagemoney Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,455
    NANO

My whole portfolio already consists of this single coin as diversifying in crypto is impossible and pointless(every coin basically follows bitcoin...for now)

The main reason I say NANO is the fee-less and instant transactions which enables the possibility of micropayments and the potential use cases for that are astronomical. Imagine the economic benefit of content creators/newspapers/niche websites/tips etc when you can send someone a quarter or 50 cents. new internet landing pages would consist of:

"Welcome to blank.com! please watch this 5 minute advert or deposit .5 NANO or 5 cents."

"XXXvids.com you can deposit .5 NANO to watch this vid or pay 75 cents for a 2 hour pass. Thank you!"

"Thanks for the drive Uber guy here's your tip. bloopbloop" (I'm aware you can tip your driver already"

Of course none of this may come to fruition but I find the idea of micropayments intriguing. Allowing monetization without ads would be a game changer IMO

24. NanoDrake

NanoDrake Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $955
    Uhm.
    Difficult question,
    At the actual moment, I would say Bitcoin because of the market dominance.
    I have ETH and with all the ICO's being postponed is really suffering (my modest opinion is also that kids buy bitcoin because is in the news)

25. PedroG

PedroG Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,193
    I second this.

TinyTim and Xeon like this.