The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

As it turns out, the Fastlane has always been my mentality

NC Bidniss

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 5, 2019
I am a 26 year old businessman from WV. I am married and have a wonderful 6-month-old baby girl. I run a small company that primarily leases commercial and industrial real estate, with plans to begin warehousing and logistics operations within the next couple months. The business I run has been in my family since 1947, with roots back to 1929. After I graduated college, my dad and I were talking about his largest warehouse, and I mentioned that I would be willing to get the place whipped back into shape. It's a long story for another day, but over about 1.5 years and with no experience, I totally renovated the facility, giving it new viability. I'm pretty proud of it.

Until a week ago, I spent the past 6 months working to plan a buildout project to turn the warehouse into a manufacturing facility for a tenant that currently occupies a smaller facility. Unfortunately, the rift between our bottom price and their top end was too great. I even reached out to local, state, and federal economic development offices, and a few other places, to try to salvage the project. Fortunately, axing the project gave me freedom. I can now pursue new avenues of business without the stress of the failed buildout project.

On Monday of this week, I was doing a bit of digging into a few business ideas. One thing that has always interested me was the idea of starting a used exotic car dealership. That thread of searching led me to this forum. After reading through some posts, I decided to download The Millionaire Fastlane onto my phone in both text and audiobook formats. I'll read the book on my phone when I'm at home or at the office, and I'll listen to it in my car while I drive. A few days later, I have used my free time to get myself to chapter 26 of the book. I should have it wrapped up by this weekend, and will then start on the next one.

I am without a doubt a fastlaner at heart. Half of everything I have read in the book has just confirmed what I always believed was true. Sadly, the years of adulthood and slowlaner thinking turned me into a slowlaner. Sure, I make 6 figures, live in a house and drive a car I don't pay for, and have a pretty robust retirement portfolio. However, the 17 year old kid that would make day trips to Columbus, OH just to look at Lamborghinis and Aston Martins and told himself "you WILL own one some day" had almost all but disappeared. I was caught in the drudgery of the slowlane, the middle class, and mediocrity. I let everyone tell me that I should be grateful for my salary, for my opportunity, for everything. I should not want more. I don't need more. Without going into too many details, the depression created by the slowlane mentality nearly cost me my job, my marriage, and my family.

I now have the wonderment in my eyes again. That 17 year old Pagani-gawker is still in this slightly aged, slightly overweight body. I feel like I have a new lease on life, and I am excited to change into the fastlane. I don't quite know what I can do to get into the fastlane yet, but I sure as shit am going to find out. I'm looking forward to discussing ideas with you all, and I wish you all the best in your fastlane pursuits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...