The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read)

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
Good Stuff. I'm bookmarking this post as a To Do list. Halfway through TMF .

Aristan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 22, 2017
Oxford, UK
It's a good idea having mandatory threads like this. Helps new users get used to the how things are done and the culture of the forum

RATurner

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 27, 2017
Tulsa, OK
Maaaan...there is a lot of stuff in this forum. Still trying to figure up from down. I'm sure it will be worth it. Apparently I am "parked" and that is a bad thing. :arghh:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DO! Nj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 30, 2017
Philippines
Hello Fastlane beginners, welcome to the forum. To add on to @MJ DeMarco's post, here's some basic info to learn.

16k19c6.png

This is what a profile looks like. A profile contains badges, likes, and rep bank. We'll explain in further detail what this all means.

Badges
mhtx5d.png

:greenx: Staff Member: A user who moderates the forum.
:greenx: Legendary Contributor: A forum member who gained 5,000 likes.
:greenx: Fastlane INSIDERS: A member who purchased a Fastlane INSIDERS subscription. Click HERE to join. Click HERE to access the Fastlane INSIDERS private forum.
:greenx: Read The Millionaire Fastlane : A member who read the book. Click HERE to get your badge!
:greenx: Speedway Pass: A member who earned 40+ speed points to view this private forum. For more info, click HERE.
:greenx: Summit Attendee: A forum member who attended the summit. More details HERE.

Profile (Part II)
n65iqu.png

:greenx: Start A Conversation: This is how you private message a forum member.

Note:

• Some forum members have this feature turned off. These forum members prefer their inbox not get flooded with questions about mentorship, advice, networking, etc.
  • General warning: Be cautious with anyone sending you links offering business opportunities, investments, or inviting you to pay money for a service.
:greenx: Rep Bank: This is your Fastlane bank. The Rep Bank represents your credibility. The more likes you get, the more your bank grows. To build your bank, contribute to the forum.
(Note: Rep bank currency is not real money.)

Rep Bank (Part II)
2z6hy6s.png

:greenx: Rep Transfer: Click to send reps to a forum member you think has awesome content.
:greenx: Likes: You get $5 reps every time a forum member likes your post.

In summary, this post provides answers to common questions about the several features on this forum. Enjoy your stay!

oqb215.png
When you are just a freshman and don't know what to do in school - someone approaches you and tour you around and give you valuable informations. You are that person @Argue thank you!

Spstepp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Oct 15, 2017
Colorado Springs
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane and I have to say - Where have you been all my life!?

I am so grateful that a business associate mention the book to me and that it is available as an audio book.

I've been listening to the book with my oldest son, 12, on the way to school in the morning. At one point I told him it is a great book but painful to listen to at times. He asked why and I explained that hearing an unpleasant truth can be like a slap in the face but if we want to grow we have to be willing to hear things we might not like.

Hearing is the beginning, action has to be the result.

I will be forever grateful that this book was written and that it found its way into my life.

Thank you MJ!

Steve

ronen zilberg

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 9, 2017
tel aviv israel
First of all, hello to everyone :)

always when i come to a new place I first listen to others before I start telling stories about myself ..
that is how I am

Lexauton

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 9, 2013
Minnesota
Just put a 1-day shipping order on my copy of Unscripted - first 5 chapters blew me away! Your writing has improved so much since the The Millionaire Fastlane . I have a feeling I'll finally be able to do more than just pay my bills with my business after I ascertain actionable wisdom from this tome.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
so your idea is creating a bootcamp for newbie : "read this, do that"

in order to be sure that they are in the right place because your fastlane philosophy is unique among the business world ( at least your are the first guy showing people this concept )

new users should do special actions for a fews days , "read that topic. follow this guy "

then they graduate : " new user approved "
Hi MJ, I'm in the process of reading "Unscripted " and I'm really enjoying it. I like your sense of humor and although I don't agree w/ you on everything, I'm learning a lot and having fun. Maybe I'll even learn to like your funky formulas and initials. ex. FTE (This one I really like b/c I've actually experienced one.) So thanks for starting this site. Maybe you should have an "old farts" section for people like me who are having difficulty navigating. (Not that difficulty is bad.) Greg

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Hi MJ, I'm in the process of reading "Unscripted " and I'm really enjoying it. I like your sense of humor and although I don't agree w/ you on everything, I'm learning a lot and having fun. Maybe I'll even learn to like your funky formulas and initials. ex. FTE (This one I really like b/c I've actually experienced one.) So thanks for starting this site. Maybe you should have an "old farts" section for people like me who are having difficulty navigating. (Not that difficulty is bad.) Greg

Hi MJ, Thanks for "liking my post." I'm continuing to read and enjoy "Unscripted ." I love the formula you came up w/ for interspersing serious stuff and stories and self effacing humor and social commentary. (I say "formula b/c you are obviously a craftsman so it can't be accidental.)
It is a pleasure to get important messages in a fun way. I mean heck, we all know the good habits are good and bad habits are bad. Duh! But you are a master in the same league as Zig Ziglar (imho).
I hope I can get to know you better once I pass muster and get into your "elite" group. Btw, do you have "groupies"? If so is it fun or a pain in the a$$?
That is actually a very important and serious question. You see, by learning some of your key points, you notice people you care about doing the stupidest stuff imagineable. Do you have a rule of thumb? Is it the old saying by your parents, "this is going to hurt you more than it hurts me" (yeah right!) Give 'em both barrels and hope you saved them some grief down the road?
Anyhow, sorry for rambliing on. If you "like" my comment I'll assume you at least skimmed it. (You wouldn't want me for a groupie, I'm not blond and cute enough.) Greg

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Really, happy to see a forum where there is an excellent welcome guide and well laid out rules. Very nice. I think I will like it here.
Hi Aaron, I agree w/ what you said. Is there really "rules"? I'm just going to stick to being nice and using common sense.

rajveer12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 3, 2017
Pune
Hii there I Am Rajveer,
The biggest simple & silly reason for your website loading time is the images you put on your webpages are of so high resolutions that why search engines may take more time to load your website. People hate waiting they don't care even if your website having a great content or not they may scroll down and see other website which can be load in least time than yours.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Btw, do you have "groupies"?

Not really.

I get a lot of email that suggests people think I have a crystal ball. Some really goofy questions.

No, I don't know if you should drop out of college and start a business importing cheap goods from China.

And worse, questions that are clearly answered in my books.

Hey, I just read TMF , is MLM a good business? Whatdya think?

I think you should take a class on reading comprehension.

:)

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Not really.

I get a lot of email that suggests people think I have a crystal ball. Some really goofy questions.

No, I don't know if you should drop out of college and start a business importing cheap goods from China.

And worse, questions that are clearly answered in my books.

Hey, I just read TMF , is MLM a good business? Whatdya think?

I think you should take a class on reading comprehension.

:)
MJ, Thanks so much for you. But I'm worried about the younguns on here. You say (p.143, "I'm overwhelmed w/ gratitude and humility..." From the little time I've been here, I'm not sure people have gotten that message. You and I are at odds re college. I think anyone is a fool not to go. Even if it is unwise economically, there is riches in lots of things. If I hadn't squandered 2 yrs on studying literature, philosophy, history, world religion and psychology, my life would be less rich. (The 2d 2 yrs I go a BS in Business.)
If I didn't get this passion it wouldn't matter if I was financially rich.
Let me give you 2 examples. Let's say I read your book at 17, and blew off college and made big $$$. Then, like so many here I get to travel the world. But I don't know who wrote Hamlet and where, I don't know about the Trojan war, I can't name 3 artists...(you get the idea.) Now you could come back to me and say, "Greg, if you had a million you could fly there and take a limo with a car full of 5 star tour guides." (I back-packed w/ my girlfriend and stayed in youth hostels, much more educational and fun than the limo.)
MJ, I'm saying this to you b/c I know you understand. How do I know? B/c to write as well as you do you had to read a lot of good stuff and write a bunch of junk before you got the gold. You have depth of character and that's not accidental. Do you think a 19 yr old that neglects all of that richness is going get that humility and gratitude are assets?
The bottom line is that I think you are providing a great service and you have a generous soul. You're making people better. I just don't want "kids" to get the idea that life is a dichotomy betw "scripted" and "un...". There's a glorious area that includes poetry, cooking gormet meals, hiking, and yes, spiritual pursuits too.
In the meantime I'm working on my entrepreneurial dream and I'd love some seed money. I'd love to have the opportunity to tell you about how wonderful my invention is. I'm not a smooth talker yet but I think you'd be blown away. This journey is just beginning and I'm feeling happy and excited (all your fault my friend--really.) If you give me half of a reason to trust you I will divulge and make you proud. Greg

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane and I have to say - Where have you been all my life!?

I am so grateful that a business associate mention the book to me and that it is available as an audio book.

I've been listening to the book with my oldest son, 12, on the way to school in the morning. At one point I told him it is a great book but painful to listen to at times. He asked why and I explained that hearing an unpleasant truth can be like a slap in the face but if we want to grow we have to be willing to hear things we might not like.

Hearing is the beginning, action has to be the result.

I will be forever grateful that this book was written and that it found its way into my life.

Thank you MJ!

Steve
Yep! I asked the same question MJ, where have you been all this while? Anyway, self-discovery is the road-map to success so long as you are consistent in undoing the mistakes that took so many to make. Shalom.

bigjmorin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 5, 2017
Rome
Hi everyone, now I'm in.
I know that I'll find gold in this forum I need only to scratch the surface. After read both books by MJ De Marco they open my mind to better understand what I want to do of my business life. For now I know to only read this gold forum and go through it.... oh, and sorry for my poor english :innocent: :halo:

Hosehe83

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 14, 2017
USA
New here as well. Really like the atmosphere here! Hope we can be friends. A bit about myself: i hate cats, i like dogs, i hate going out and i like games.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.