The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I get the most out of Fastlane Forums with a set amount of time?

Anything related to matters of the mind

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
Since the beginning of the year, I have had a major shift in my mindset that translates into action daily in multiple areas of my life - getting things done - starting now on my 13th week.

I have been away from the overall forum for some time since last May 2022 as I previously became overwhelmed, consumed, or absorbed into all the wonderful content that is here. A good problem to have, right?

Starting this week, I want to re-engage to at least spending a MAX of 15 mins daily on the forum to read postings or participate in a more consistent manner in the community, rather being sporadic or inconsistent. I want to be deliberate with my time.

Right now, I am mainly interested in stock market swing/intraday trading, but also getting started to learn about crypto investing. In re-approaching this, I felt a starting point for me is to:

1) Read through eye catching Latest threads on the main page (GOLD/HOT a priority)
2) Read through any of the latest Investing, Crypto, Personal Finance
3) Connect with others in the like minded space

For those of you who visit here consistently, what is an approach you typically have taken when you visit FL to get the most from it with a set amount of time?

Thanks,
LF

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Since the beginning of the year, I have had a major shift in my mindset that translates into action daily in multiple areas of my life - getting things done - starting now on my 13th week.

I have been away from the overall forum for some time since last May 2022 as I previously became overwhelmed, consumed, or absorbed into all the wonderful content that is here. A good problem to have, right?

Starting this week, I want to re-engage to at least spending a MAX of 15 mins daily on the forum to read postings or participate in a more consistent manner in the community, rather being sporadic or inconsistent. I want to be deliberate with my time.

Right now, I am mainly interested in stock market swing/intraday trading, but also getting started to learn about crypto investing. In re-approaching this, I felt a starting point for me is to:

1) Read through eye catching Latest threads on the main page (GOLD/HOT a priority)

For those of you who visit here consistently, what is an approach you typically have taken when you visit FL to get the most from it with a set amount of time?

Thanks,
LF

A trend of the best posters that I have seen is a very action focused progress thread.

- The devour a few of the best threads on a certain topic
- They then 100% commit to doing something
- Start a progress thread (or start first and then make the thread some time later)
- They pop in every 1-3 months with an impressive update (tons of action taken)
- They document their thinking, approach, lessons etc
- And then get highly valuable feedback from the right people

It is probably not the answer you were looking for, but if you are serious it is probably the best long term approach.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
A trend of the best posters that I have seen is a very action focused progress thread.

- The devour a few of the best threads on a certain topic
- They then 100% commit to doing something
- Start a progress thread (or start first and then make the thread some time later)
- They pop in every 1-3 months with an impressive update (tons of action taken)
- They document their thinking, approach, lessons etc
- And then get highly valuable feedback from the right people

It is probably not the answer you were looking for, but if you are serious it is probably the best long term approach.
Thank you @Fox for sharing some very good practices for me to incorporate.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

Thanks,
LF
I honestly don't have too much time to spend on my side hustle/biz (window cleaning).
I only have time after school on Tuesday, Wednesday and the whole Saturday but I still use all of that time because why not?
You might not be able to focus 24/7 on it, but nobody can, alright? There are obviously few exceptions but you get the point.
Just do it without thinking about it. What's the worst that can happen? Learning discipline?
You got this

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thanks,
LF
Don't aimlessly browse. Follow people and threads that are relevant to what you're doing or will do soon. Check your news feed rather than the homepage.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Right now, I am mainly interested in stock market swing/intraday trading, but also getting started to learn about crypto investing.

None of these follow the Fastlane principles, so I'm not sure exactly what you're expecting from the forum. The forum is about building businesses based on relative value, not about maligning the Fastlane philosophy into activities like "trading" or "crypto".

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Thanks,
LF
Pro tip, ignore the user @Droopynips immediately.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Pro tip, ignore the user @Droopynips immediately.
The quality of his posts has increased a lot in the last 2 weeks.

It seems like some people do learn from feedback. :hilarious:

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
None of these follow the Fastlane principles, so I'm not sure exactly what you're expecting from the forum. The forum is about building businesses based on relative value, not about maligning the Fastlane philosophy into activities like "trading" or "crypto".
Hi MJ,

Thanks for the input here. Though the crypto and investing forums exist, you are emphasizing the point businesses or systems around those, correct?

What would you say about the creation of automated trading decision systems and automated trading BOTS?

Thanks,
LF

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Thanks for the input here. Though the crypto and investing forums exist, you are emphasizing the point businesses or systems around those, correct?
Business means production. Creating value.

Flipping stocks and coins are pathetic attempts at making a quick buck, usually with very poor outcomes.

Please visit moneychasingforum.com for more info.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017

Flipping stocks and coins are pathetic attempts at making a quick buck, usually with very poor outcomes.

What if the end game is through trading business systems that can scale, but recognizing the process has to be worked?

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
Don't aimlessly browse. Follow people and threads that are relevant to what you're doing or will do soon. Check your news feed rather than the homepage.
Thank you for mentioning this.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee

I believe you misinterpreted his question. He's implying a system that recognizes key details/criteria to give traders confidence just as the Bloomberg terminal selling at 24K a year for a license/software or even Investor's Business Daily trusted by millions of Americans for generations. It's not flipping a stock for a quick buck, its taking the hard work out of the trading for investors. He didn't say he'd be trading off of it, but rather making money through a subscription service. Do I think the questions are slightly redundant.. yes, but everyone has to learn and ask questions.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
This posting here also gives great overall guidance and suggestions.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
I use the app Feedly and check in every evening for a few minutes. In addition to that I follow posts, that interest me and have them on watch them so that I get notifications when a new post is public.
(I get the notifications via email and have them send directly to instapaper)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.