The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those who haven't made a sale yet...

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
I have many ideas that I know could be worth a lot, but I find no way to bootstrap any because I can't find an appealing feature set for an MVP that can be developed on the side. Figuring out payment processing that complies with all the laws is one of the hurdles that makes me want to kill myself.

1.) My day job that takes up 8h + each work day
2.) I would want that guy to pull the trigger, my life sucks
3.) I am mostly a ghost, at work I am tolerated as a cog in the software development machine
4.) Hire people who are smarter than I am and who can tame complexity - but not sure I would be able to sell my vision
Has your mindset changed any over the last few months?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Has your mindset changed any over the last few months?
My mindset is pretty complex and I don't think anybody here gets how I think and feel.

I have been trying to crack the nuts for decades with no success.
I still fail to see opportunities and I still don't see how the math can add up with a day job.

Makes little sense to discuss this here, though. People just want to broadcast here, not discuss anything.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Developed some sort of story while engaging people.

Here it is.

"You may have already considered this. Helping lower secondary learners with a good background in English is easy. They almost always pass it without effort.

But helping those with weak foundations in English is next to impossible. They are almost always bound to struggle to score weak credits, passes and in all too common worst cases failures.

As teachers we desire to help all our learners get empowered. English language is one powerful way of enabling learners develop confidence and self esteem, which they need to ride through the school of hard knocks.

That was my personal desire too. I gave myself to the learners. I taught with the best methods and material I could muster. I listened to more experienced teachers and applied their suggestions.

I learned a lot from them. But the learners who come with little or no foundation could not have any significant improvement. I wanted to solve this problem. I wanted to help them.

I began to read about language learning and acquisition. I began to make meaning of my teaching experiences and outcomes. I saw a way out of the situation. But I saw no tools.

The new curriculum gave me a breath of life. It stopped me from retiring at the beginning of my career in teaching. I began to use it with all my power.

But the tools to enhance practice. To simplify learning of grammar aspects just didn't exist. I began to develop my own and use them, and to download similar ones and use them. And they worked. They validated my assumption about learning and acquisition of language. But they weren't sufficient.

Then I decided to make something. Something that provides the groundwork for strong language skills and also puts future language development on steroids.

I decided to develop something a learner can use at any anytime with little to no barrier. It had to be simple. It had to be user friendly. It had to be rigorous. It had to be fun.

That's how ENGLISH MADE EASY came about.

Thank you."
Many people are showing interest in the book.

They are even saying things that show they are interested.

Printing is goddamn delaying. And it's annoying.

Print 50 and see how the market likes it.

MarioL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 4, 2023
In two years from now I will be in a much better position, not worse. The product I intend to sell (myself) will be sold astronomically easier with what I will have then than if I tried to sell myself now. I appreciate the uplifting words but I try not to be swept away by sensationalism. This "GO GO GO HUSTLE GRIND RISK IT ALL NOTHING TO LOSE LIFE OR DEATH" mentality is truly overplayed. I think it's foolish to quit my job and dive all in. Why not wait, continue with the job, start once I'm ready whilst still working the job?

I do have a plan. It's less vague than "2 years" from now but I use that time frame as an example as it's easier to understand from the outside looking in. In the meantime I intend on improving my shape and competing at least once. I'm willing to let this take time.

Is it monotonous to reserve myself to being a Security Guard for the next 2 years? Absolutely. But I genuinely look at bodybuilding as my one and only goal in life at the moment. One that I eventually intend to monetize beyond $100k a year. I live and breathe nothing but bodybuilding. I research it all day, read, watch videos, think about it, prep for it, train, and talk about it. I know in time that I will be successful in the field as I'm completely devoted. But I wish to be my version of ready, and that isn't now.

I realize this is the fastlane forums, but it also depends on what your idea of success is. For example, if I could make a Security Guard salary being a bodybuilder full-time, I'd consider that success as I'd get to do what I love for a living. I know there's a chance for an income far greater than that but my bare-minimum ambition is in close reach.
At the same time as keeping your job, create a youtube channel and start posting videos of your journey. It cost nothing. You have a passion and are continuously updating your knowledge reading, trying things out. Pust about it. As you build a following over (2 years) a period. You will have people who like you and trust you for what you are doing. Regular posting with selling anything pure content, value and the story of your journey. When you come to launch your own product or service you will already have an audience that you have built up. To sell to without having to start from scratch. Hope this helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I think this is a good place for mindset dicsussions actually.
I'd say mindset is the biggest hurdle to making that first sale.
Think I am getting impatient with this guy's arguments. Why does somebody keep refusing what is obvious? Maybe it is not all that obvious.

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?
My hypothesis right now is that I have been focused on money chasing and action faking, leaving me with no track record of value-producing execuetion. My purpose in being on this forum is to give value to all those who visit. I don't have to worry about sales for at least another month. I guarantee that I will have made the first sale by July 1st, as I will have demonstrated that I can provide value to the market.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Wh
My hypothesis right now is that I have been focused on money chasing and action faking, leaving me with no track record of value-producing execuetion. My purpose in being on this forum is to give value to all those who visit. I don't have to worry about sales for at least another month. I guarantee that I will have made the first sale by July 1st, as I will have demonstrated that I can provide value to the market.
What’s stopping you?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I know a lot of stuff which I can potentially sell to them; but I don't know if the product I am offering will offer some value to them.
When will you find out the answer to this void? When will you determine whether the product is of value to the target market?

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
When will you find out the answer to this void? When will you determine whether the product is of value to the target market?
Over the course of this month. By July 1st, I will have made my first sale.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
There probably is just no way I can keep my workout routine going and stay sane.
I might have to give up on language learning as well.
I spend too much time following AI developments
Perhaps you are trying to juggle too many eggs or balls.

Focus may work.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
While working on the book I've started a Twitter account that I will use to promote it later. Hard to find an angle with tags that people actually search for. Guess few people are looking for #reference and #art. Will try #howtodraw next, but this part of Twitter might be pretty smol. I'm trying to provide something and get a feel for what people are actually looking for (ordered the domain greatartref.com): https://twitter.com/greatartref

The filesize has escalated quickly. This is a 300DPI (instead of 600) version and still 7MB. Must do some math and research what people will actually tolerate. Not sure what the policy is regarding attachments here, might have to check.

Not happy with how the reference images are arranged next to each other. Might have to eliminate the grid to make it flow better. IMO it seems cheap the way it is.

Attachments

• DrawHeads_20230604_3_smol.pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 6

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
There probably is just no way I can keep my workout routine going and stay sane.

Do less, but still do something. Don't try to grow muscle, or lose weight, or anything like that. Keep the habit intact. Aim for small progression to keep things interesting. One more rep. That's all.

I might have to give up on language learning as well.

Maintain the languages you wish to maintain and don't commit to learning a new one yet. If you got to B1 or higher in a language, just reading a little every day will be enough to maintain it.

I spend too much time following AI developments.

How can you use that time to your benefit? What AI can you implement right now to help you achieve your goals?

Networking and socializing will be on hold for 5+ years

Why? Network with people who will support your goals.

You have lots of goals which is great but you cannot expect to achieve them all at the same time. You'll just end up juggling too much and you'll get nowhere in any of them.

My guess for you is that you're financially comfortable since you have a corporate job that pays your bills. You just know you want to do bigger and better things. You want to be a fit rich polyglot musician with an awesome social life but you're stuck in the patterns of a dude who doesn't believe in himself and can't stick to shit. All of those things you want take time and there's a reason why these types of people are so rare.

What you want is possible, it's just not possible soon. Start with the thing that you find the most important. That doesn't mean deleting all your GoalSumo.com goals, it just means focusing your monthly and short-term goals on only the thing you find most important. When you achieve them, then start moving forward on the other goals.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
I am currently in Proof (Soft) phase.
My websites purpose is to turn visitors in subscribers by joining the waitlist for the product. I am doing this so I can refine my product and website and it is a proof that there is demand.
MY WEBSITE
You spelt ingredients wrong. I rate the can graphics, that’s cool. Will it taste like white monster ultra? I love that stuff but pretty sure that it’s slowly killing me

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
You spelt ingredients wrong. I rate the can graphics, that’s cool. Will it taste like white monster ultra? I love that stuff but pretty sure that it’s slowly killing me
Thank you for noticing that. We are currently developing two flawors: mango & pineapple and strawberry/rasberry. Don’t know yet how they will taste, but I‘ll contact you when it’s finished if you want to be one of our first to try it. Drinking anything besides water often is not good, but we will try our best to be as natural and healthy as possible.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I still don’t have a physical product yet. I started this waitlist to see somekind of demand. Something MJ and Timothy Ferris (4 hour work week) are preaching.

But I think my next step is to actually start manufacturer and start combating the market, like you said.

I will check those articles now. Thanks.
Are you going to DM people?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Are selling: nothing. Planning to sell: a digital book called "Drawing Heads - Reference for the 2020ies".
Content: Midjourney created reference images, covering expressions, ethnicities, ages, hair etc. Not anime ... the target audience would be people who want to work on more traditional drawing skills.

First maybe relevant research result (need to confirm): one shop (called "bySarahRenaeClark") has 264K subscribers on youtube, 650ish reviews on Etsy and 3.800 followers on Twitter ... getting very few likes and retweets there. Instagram is probably going a lot better. Twitter seems to be the wrong channel for this kind of audience.

Might be necessary to look into Youtube and IG, but wondering if this is becoming too much of a detour.
My main focus has to be SaaS and there is zero potential for synergy, so I am wondering if it is a smart idea to "invest" time into this project.
You want to make a book to help people draw and build a Saas?

James_17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines

- I saved up Php250k, which came from real estate commission, as my starting capital for my web design business (as a member of Fox Web School)

- I still sell real estate, when no one is inquiring or asking for my help about real estate. I do cold outreach to businesses.

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

- Meet business owners, and offer my web-related service.

- Exchange items essential to people such as food, gas, clothes, etc., or offer labor in exchange for something.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 23, 2023
I struggle with motivation, energy, maintaining interest in the things I'm doing and fighting the impulse to work on other projects. I don't feel as though skincare or window cleaning inspires me. I struggle with sticking to deadlines. These are all the same problems I struggled with in High School, which is where my entrepreneurial desires first began. I haven't made a sale in 4 years.

My dad. I live with him and all of my expenses are covered here, but it's too damn comfortable. He has the 'you don't have to do anything you don't want to' attitude.

Advice on technology. Sometimes I get asked for relationship advice and for my opinion on what they should study.

I'd be boxing up homemade skincare products and selling them on Etsy.

Film directing, scriptwriting, blogging, writing books and making YouTube videos. I'd also drive boats.

Mace22

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 10, 2023
That is what I have been trying to do and it is not sustainable. Nothing matters when you are 42 and don't have a social life or the prospect of one.
My capacity for gratitude is limited. I am allowed to get up at 6 a.m. and work until my eyes hurt like hell every day. Awesome.

I have started a business, am trying to build a SaaS project. I am learning Russian, Japanese and two Piano pieces ... but it is all just making investments. I don't get anything back in return, it is just painful chores to struggle through.

Only exception is the fact that I can affort to order decent lunch, which doesn't carry me very far.
Life is only in our perception. We're all going to die, that is enivtable. No need to go 'oh because we're all going to die nothing matters' 'my life sucks so bad'. I can't experience what you are experiencing, but I can offer advice.
If you're going to die anyway, then where are the stakes? Trick question: there are none. No amount of suffering you endure, can ruin your character.
If you knew that there were no stakes, what would you want on your tombstone?

Romko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2020
Ukraine
I am just too removed from what normal people want. I see no openings, no path towards that sale. I only see the technology that I can use that that gets me nowhere.
I feel similarly. everything that is happening now distracts me from the main thing and I understand that this technology will not help me in my realization but on the other hand I can not find what I need to live a full life.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Anyone struggling to get their first sale?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes. Actually it's quite complicated. Not that I don't make the first sale. I did, but with much more Lost than what I made after running the fb ads. Perhaps, it's pretty much the same failures I faced, spent to much on ads until I lost too much with debts and had to go back to 9-5 to cover up all the credit cards overdues.. Learnt a lot. But still ain't givin up and not ever gonna givin up. Just perhaps any wisdom for me to take back as a golden nugget to get back up and keep pushin, grindin till I made it to my dream freedom from 9-5. Thanks a million, andy.
What were you selling? How much were you losing per sale?

I'm curious why Facebook Ads and not Google Ads? With Google Ads you can bid on words that indicate people are likely looking to buy your product. If no-one's searching you have no spend.

Did you make any sales without running ads?

If you're now working a 9-5 then what's your plan to continue making sales? Will you sell the same product or do something different?

Zen Sage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 1, 2023
Shanghai

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

1. The work I am doing.

2. Seek help at work.

3. I will take the gun away and have control.

4. The education of the human soul can influence the world and make them no longer suffer.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I'm not sure if this comes under your topic but how much more can a person do?.I run a gardening business and always do a good job I have business cards with my facebook link a QR code I'm on two social networking sites with a link to my Facebook page with all my before and after work I advertise outside people's properties using banners.I am getting the views but not the customers?.
I'm sure gardeners somewhere are doing really well. Figure out what they're doing and test test test?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi yes gardeners are needed due to the propertys and business grounds that need to be maintained.I ask other gardeners for advice on YouTube any they suggested advertising on social media where I am getting 533 views but no replies.
Keep testing?

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023

> I offer English and math tutoring for students. Got paid 50/hour (included transport & material). I need 1000 monthly for rental fee. Currently December, so students have holiday and left me with 2 students pay around 500/mo both. I have a saving 400, but I really don't want to touch it. Currently still advertising on fb (on local fb group) to survive December.

>Mothers do interested on my English tutoring service but they give offer to low. And I will not do it if less than 50/hour.

> I really need more cash flow monthly, so I think about web design for companies. I'm targeting small construction (towing comp, pool, garden, niche that has high demand in December will.be good)

> Steps for sales in tutoring:
- advertising for January but the mothers will pay the deposit first like 25% of monthly cost. If I could got 5 people pay 100, I'll be survive this month.
- advertising through fb
- searching to Google which area that my students currently living, and join that local fb group. Ad there
- find fb group that mother's oriented, business related, and ad there
- fx idk what else

Steps for web design:
- targeting small contractor, cause I will targeting towing company
- don't design their web first, cause they didn't answer your WhatsApp replyb. butI need show, don't tell. So build a case study.
- build web 3 for free for this niche company, that has high demand in December: towing, travel(?), Travel maintenance, ???
- put tracker & mark so I know how to measure my impact
- cold calling them, Laras please. Not action faking.
- do it 100x and you go numb.
- charge free, then 500, then 1000, then double.

- I will build saas service for call-in motorcycle service. If I need a tire fix, I will call xxx and they will come to me. No more push motorcycle for 5km in the 6 morning

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
> I offer English and math tutoring for students. Got paid 50/hour (included transport & material). I need 1000 monthly for rental fee. Currently December, so students have holiday and left me with 2 students pay around 500/mo both. I have a saving 400, but I really don't want to touch it. Currently still advertising on fb (on local fb group) to survive December.

>Mothers do interested on my English tutoring service but they give offer to low. And I will not do it if less than 50/hour.

> I really need more cash flow monthly, so I think about web design for companies. I'm targeting small construction (towing comp, pool, garden, niche that has high demand in December will.be good)

> Steps for sales in tutoring:
- advertising for January but the mothers will pay the deposit first like 25% of monthly cost. If I could got 5 people pay 100, I'll be survive this month.
- advertising through fb
- searching to Google which area that my students currently living, and join that local fb group. Ad there
- find fb group that mother's oriented, business related, and ad there
- fx idk what else

Steps for web design:
- targeting small contractor, cause I will targeting towing company
- don't design their web first, cause they didn't answer your WhatsApp replyb. butI need show, don't tell. So build a case study.
- build web 3 for free for this niche company, that has high demand in December: towing, travel(?), Travel maintenance, ???
- put tracker & mark so I know how to measure my impact
- cold calling them, Laras please. Not action faking.
- do it 100x and you go numb.
- charge free, then 500, then 1000, then double.

- I will build saas service for call-in motorcycle service. If I need a tire fix, I will call xxx and they will come to me. No more push motorcycle for 5km in the 6 morning
If you had a gun to your head and had to get tutoring clients then what would you do?

Can you build websites for tutors like yourself?

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
If you need revenue this month then do things that bring revenue?

How much do you need? Sell a website for that, or sign up some students for that?
500 this month = survive

If I do both, but web has more scale. Heck, why I don't just sell web that allow agency to receive deposit first from students that will study in January

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
Can you get a job, or do anything to earn a bit of money?

Also, it does sound like you could improve how you're approaching things. Maybe this will help:

Yes, thank you andy

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.