The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally moving to Scottsdale, Arizona!

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I'm curious if there's something too.

I'm just moving there cause it's beautiful, the weather is a 1 billion times improvement over Pennsylvania, I've always been interested in the desert/western thing. I love southwest cooking.

Plus it looks like I'll have some damn good company.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea PA just isnt where I see myself longterm. It seems like the weather gets worse each year. So many overcast and/or rainy days.

As far as Scottsdale, I dont know. There and Phoenix are supposed to be entrepreneurial hot spots arent they? I dont think the desert weather is probably up my alley at least as a full time thing. But if I go somewhere north like Prescott im only 90 minutes away from that weather whenever I want it. I do hope Google Fiber ends up in the Phoenix area.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
The #1 reason I moved here is because of the weather and beautiful southwest scenery. I lived in Yuma for a short period when I was young and had vacationed here a couple times so I knew I wanted to live here. 320+ days a year of sunshine is amazing.

The cost of living here is about the same as living in Indiana (where I moved from). In some aspects is even cheaper living here.

From what I understand Arizona is small business friendly and they are taking steps to appeal to more startups and entrepreneurs. It's a possibility that google fiber will be available here in the near future.

I'll just leave these here...

http://www.experiencescottsdale.com/

For the exotic car lovers out there...

You are also only a 6 hour ride away from all the really nice CA beaches like around San Diego. Without actually having to live in CA and pay that price.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yea PA just isnt where I see myself longterm. It seems like the weather gets worse each year. So many overcast and/or rainy days.

As far as Scottsdale, I dont know. There and Phoenix are supposed to be entrepreneurial hot spots arent they? I dont think the desert weather is probably up my alley at least as a full time thing. But if I go somewhere north like Prescott im only 90 minutes away from that weather whenever I want it. I do hope Google Fiber ends up in the Phoenix area.
Yeah PA's pretty piss poor lol all the way around. Pittsburgh (and the Wexford/McCandless area) is a nice city and that's about all there is. Thankfully I live about 45 minutes north of the Burgh so I can escape for a day or two here or there lol.

But yeah, today's been pretty terrible as far as weather. Complete gloomy overcast and cloudiness. And muggy as F*ck.

Google Fiber seems like a big benefit as well!

P.S. isn't it funny how Pennsylvania residents are the only ones in the country that refer to our state by its abbreviated letters?

You don't hear someone from Kentucky saying "I'm from KY".

:confused:

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I'm sure TMF has something to do with the reasons why people are moving there :)

I just hope they realize that it wasn't the location per se that made MJ successful. He could have done just as well in Dead-horse Alaska with his mindset.

I think climate does have a effect, at least on some people. Especially when you live in a place where you are indoors for like 6 months a year.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I think climate does have a effect, at least on some people. Especially when you live in a place where you are indoors for like 6 months a year.
^^
This x1,000,000

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For me, the best part of the beach culture / surf culture is nobody gives a shit who you are, where you are from, or even what you drive. It is one of the few places in the world where the only thing that is important is the size of the waves, the strength of the sun, and the pull of the undertow. A beach bum and a billionaire share the same sunset. Labels disappear.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm not sure about that. I'm powered by the sun.

I have a feeling that the sun that powers Arizona is not the same sun as the one that rises and sets in the rest of the world...

1291468_430852160356805_470219684_o.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a feeling that the sun that powers Arizona is not the same sun as the one that rises and sets in the rest of the world...

LOL. For the record, it's not.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I happen to like Texas a whole lot. Lots of sun and no real "winters." Plus, we have grass!

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Screw Scottsdale!

upload_2014-7-23_16-40-27.jpeg

Why have all those distractions when you could be concentrating on building your business while holed up in your house in beautiful Minnesota!

C'mon - Palm trees are sooo Miami Vice. How about weather forecasts like this:

Think you will want to stay inside and work on your fastlane journey when it's beautiful and sunny outside - think again!

How about thinking - "If I go outside right now, I could die". Talk about an environment conducive to working your a$$ off to get out of it.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The rest of the world has grass.

Plus, we have grass!

What do you call that green stuff under those palm trees?

J887sys.jpg

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
What do you call that green stuff under those palm trees?

J887sys.jpg
Well, I've seen what passes for lawns in Arizona and Nevada and it doesn't look green to me. The overarching color scheme was "Variations on Brown." :)

For example, I give you...Austin:

USA-Texas-Austin-0--15053222-.jpg

and

a.aaa-Hamilton-Pool-Austin-Texas.jpg

and

USA-Texas-Austin-0--681196-DS.jpg

and finally,

0742b572-6151-471a-92a5-cb7354fff909.1.12.jpeg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For example, I give you...Austin:

Deception. I don't see mosquito netting. I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in 10 years. In Austin, I think it happens every 10 seconds.:eek:

On a realistic note, I think today is the hottest day of the year so far in Phoenix .... 115 and I even heard 118. in some places. Right about now @Eskil should be saying "WTF was I thinking????"

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
From what I gather you can still have grass in AZ. Just certain species do better. And it will take more care. Or, just get Field Turf lol. AZ has some pretty beautiful scenery in its own right.

http://tinyurl.com/lbqowj5

^ The Fountain Hills fountain with Red Mountain in the background.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
For me, the best part of the beach culture / surf culture is nobody gives a shit who you are, where you are from, or even what you drive. It is one of the few places in the world where the only thing that is important is the size of the waves, the strength of the sun, and the pull of the undertow. A beach bum and a billionaire share the same sunset. Labels disappear.

Yep - this is going to be me one day, not sure where yet. ;)

And - there is a ton of greenery in Scottsdale. Scottsdale SUCKS all the water out from the rest of the Phoenix area.

For real, though, you just won't understand until you move there. Of course, Scottsdale is where I threw my printer off the balcony, quit my job, and started building a real business. It holds much more than just a place to live, for me.

We ran the heater twice last year. Once to see if it actually works, and another because we left our windows open on a "chilly" 45 degree night. We left our windows and patio door open all winter long, and were swimming in October and February.

And, to echo what @Vigilante said, don't expect to hop right in and be surrounded by a ton of entrepreneurs. Building a network takes hard work and time.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Deception. I don't see mosquito netting. I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in 10 years. In Austin, I think it happens every 10 seconds.:eek:

On a realistic note, I think today is the hottest day of the year so far in Phoenix .... 115 and I even heard 118. in some places. Right about now @Eskil should be saying "WTF was I thinking????"
Ok fine. You have me there. Mosquitoes can get so bad that you worry about them carrying off the very young. BUT! It's nothing that a little DEET can't handle. :D

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I like green too BUT blue is my favorite color.

rW8xCow.jpg

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I like green too BUT blue is my favorite color.

rW8xCow.jpg

To which I reply:

rbz-pennybacker-bridge-dog-021.jpg

and

3-4997-Texas-Capitol-Bldg.jpg

and finally,

jwj-bluebonnets-043b.jpg

Plus we have a pretty rockin' entrepreneurial community....

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
LOL. We could do this all day. :rockon:

Percent sunshine yearly:
Austin: 60%
Phoenix: 85%

We just have more of those blue skies.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Havasupai Falls. There are a series of waterfalls down this canyon. All of them have a similar feel. Incredible hiking.

I camped there a few months ago and Biophase came along also. He took some great pics with his camera. My wife and I were taking photos on the way down. He said that we would not even look at those once we saw the scenery in the canyon.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
how you guys dont freakin melt in the amount of 100+ degree days there I have no clue

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
how you guys dont freakin melt in the amount of 100+ degree days there I have no clue
It is hot.

I still run and play three rounds of golf a week. Not to mention that we spend a lot of time on rooftops fixing ac's in the summer. You get used to it.

It really does matter that it is dry. I tried to run in Corpus Christi while training for a marathon. I had to stop and wring my socks out a couple of times. My shoes were sloshing! It was only 95 degrees but felt hotter than Phoenix at 110.

I don't know how anyone survives in cold weather. I am wearing a jacket at 60 degrees. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.