The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need somewhere to document what I'm doing so I can make a repeatable process. Also... most of you guys probably know more about Facebook and pages than me so will likely steer me right if I keep going round in circles.

I have created a few pages just to see what the process is, but never went live with any of them.

Funny how I've been self-employed for nearly 20 years without a Facebook page or a website to speak of.

Anyway...

Day 1

Created a Facebook page for my business.

I wasn't sure whether to create a public persona page and have a photo of me on it, or build a business page without a picture of me at all.

I'm active in forums and Facebook groups, and a reasonable amount of people know me. Someone pointed out that a lot of folks might want to follow *me*. I have some people following me on Soundcloud, Facebook, YouTube, and in this forum, but I've never tried to grow any of those channels.

At this moment a public persona page feels like a slippery slope in the wrong direction. My goal is to build business(es) that do not rely on me, but use my lead gen skills instead. Let's see if I can do that without domain authority etc.

I decided to start how I mean to continue and not have my name or face on it.

I've put up a simple little logo and a background image I like.

Got my vanity URL

I couldn't get my vanity URL initially. After a bit of Googling it turns out that getting 25 Likes/Followers would allow me to do that. I invited all 500+ friends and 80+ of them have Liked the page. Some are personal friends, some are people who are following me because of what I post here and there.

Note: It's freaking simple to do. I had to wade through so many long form articles to do what is essentially:
  1. Get 25+ Likes/Followers.
  2. Click "About".
  3. Click "Edit @userName".
Honestly... the stuff people write to get ranked top on Google doesn't often create an article that helps the best. (This is where my paid search brain thinks: send people to a simple page where you give them what they want!)

End of Day 1

I'd like to personally message everyone who Liked my page to thank them, and then ask them what they're hoping I write about. Except I can't freaking find a list of who likes the page.... ffs...

Anyway... back to work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

John F.

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 29, 2018
Arizona
Watching this one. I am going to be in the facebook page creation stage very shortly and I am certain there is going to be some good info coming into this thread.

Atu

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 23, 2019
Some excerpts from the last Facebook training I took:
  1. Always write down "Facebook" name with a capital letter at the begining. If you do otherwise they can sometimes even block your accounts.
  2. Be really careful about the order of steps you take. If you want to have cheaper Facebook ads it's beneficial to set up a "non-conventional" gender for you first, than create profile pages for your businesses, etc. Like everything, this not always works.
  3. Facebook heavily promotes "family, friends and groups". It means that if you are a company you will have to pay for reaching anyone. You can always hack it by using your personal account for business purposes only, accepting friends from your customers/inviting them. Do not post any silly cat images. Give loads of value to your customers, they will follow.
  4. It's an absolute must-do to use "Facebook business manager" and fill in all the description fields for your company.
  5. Facebook takes close consideration on your personal education and it's relevance to your declared profession.
  6. Generally saying - the more close, friends-alike relation you can make/simulate with your customers on Facebook, the better it is. This constitutes of giving reactions to their photos, using emoticons, varying short and long texts, placing photos that will provoke reaction, than re-reacting to answers, using facebook-live, etc...
  7. Even if you have a herd of followers for your company, things you post as a company will only reach a small percentage of followers, unless you pay.
And best wishes :)

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.