• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

(Article) Facebook to focus on groups and messaging

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Andy Black, May 3, 2019.

1. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $186,918
    They’re going to do away with the News Feed. Quite a big move, and surely this will create opportunities for those paying attention.

I think it makes sense to focus on groups and messaging... just from my own experience:
    • I went looking for a Facebook groups app last year and was disappointed to find it had been discontinued.
    • I have a plugin on my PC that eradicates my newsfeed and I just use the PC for Facebook groups, and Facebook messaging.

Here’s the article:

Bradley R, DaDream, Alana L. and 3 others like this.
  2. ecommercewolf

ecommercewolf New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Good news. I hardly check Facebook anything unless its for business reasons a few times a month.

News Feed was unnecessary.

Andy Black likes this.
  3. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $186,918
    I’m wondering when they will roll out paid Facebook groups to all. I believe it’s in beta for some.

I don’t understand why Facebook isn’t all over paid groups.

I’m sure there’s a lot of subscription software processing a lot of money worldwide for people to be in paid Facebook groups. And the admins of those groups have the headache of manually adding and removing people.

If Facebook introduced paid groups then surely they’d make a bit of money by taking their cut of the subscription fee?

I wonder if there’s an forum app out there that people join using their Facebook ID, and that has the familiar interface as Facebook so the learning curve is low. If there is then they’d be able to fix all the annoying niggles.

@MJ DeMarco has been complaining for a long time about the forum software out there. I’m sure he’s not the only one doing so...

AgainstAllOdds and Lex DeVille like this.
  4. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,092
    According to the article they're not completely doing away with news feeds, though this is a major change. I wonder how it will affect FB ads. News feed ads are a major money maker. The article mentions groups being featured and also promoting similar groups. Will they allow advertising within groups? Will we be able to target people who are members of specific groups? I'm curious to see where this goes.

5. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,743
    But how about Market Place becoming more like ebay? :arghh:

Kid and Andy Black like this.
  6. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,485
    I read somewhere that p2p marketplaces like Craigslist don't accept payments for selling things
    because of huge amount of fraud that it brings.

Andy Black likes this.
  7. Alana L.

Alana L. New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $79
    Just came across this facebook 5 update video - sounds promising. Especially being able to process payments within groups.

Kid, minivanman and Andy Black like this.
  8. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $186,918
    Great find. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah... I’m really interested in these changes and the opportunities for business owners who jump on them before the masses.

9. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,485
    So FB wants to compete with amazon.

10. Bradley R

Bradley R Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $625
    Been hearing rumors of these trends for a while and knew it was true based on where the activity is on Facebook.

Makes sense as messaging and groups create much more engaging and meaningful interactions than the newsfeed - turns out even though social media can naturally disconnect us at times, people are moving towards the parts that allow for more authentic connections

Also from a marketing standpoint Messenger is where it's at - it's where all of the growth is at and where people are spending more and more of their time. Newsfeed plateaued in the last year or two

Andy Black likes this.
  11. Alana L.

Alana L. New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $79
    Yea, I feel it's heading the same way as well. I just connected live chat with my facebook messenger.

Andy Black likes this.
  12. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,322
    As a slightly unrelated side note, I wish FB actually had a help line or chat. I’d wait 8 hours on hold for it, I’ve been a week trying to get a username unlocked that was mine. All you can do is keep spamming them with the problem report form, to which they do not reply. Their customer service dept. must seriously be 1 guy that died years ago in his cubicle and nobody ever checked on him.

Timmy C, Andy Black, Bearcorp and 2 others like this.
  13. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,743
    Yeah, I gave up, just make another account under the same name. I used to sell washers and dryers under the name Ken Moore but they blocked me. Wanted to see a picture of my id. Competition prolly turned me in :innocent: :halo:

Andy Black, B. Cole and Runum like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.