The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear and Action-Faking in Entrepreneurship-- a 19 year old's guide to askholing.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Perhaps @biophase can give a candid opinion on the big nothing burger in here?

I couldn't even read this thread. A whole a lot of nothing here. I got more done last week in a day that included a 14 hour 1 day whitewater rafting trip. We talked about this during the trip. 3 fastlaners sitting on a boat in a river in the jungle in Colombia on a Friday afternoon. Got home at 10pm exhausted, but we still got work done from 10-12am and then crashed.

We work so we can do what we do. This OP doesn't want to put in any work so will never get there.

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah I know, I'm not really working nearly as much as I need to. 0-2 hours a day whereas I probably need like 8-10 hours a day to get anywhere. A lot of my addictions to watching politics are getting the better of me. I'm working to destroy this tendency towards addiction by socializing more, going to meetups, and possibly building a mastermind group. Willpower alone is shot.
Watching politics is absolutely useless when it comes to reaching your goals. I used to spend a few hours a day reading about politics, news, tragic events, and the like, while bemoaning the fact that I hadn't "gotten my business going". The reality is that I was wasting time that I can never get back, and tricking myself into believing that I needed to know what was going on in the world.

The truth is, anything that is outside your circle of influence (stuff you can't change) should be outside your circle of concern. You can't really influence politics, not without a lot of time and money, so why worry about it?

So, how to stop worrying about it? Decide that it's beneath you, and doesn't matter, and then cut it out. I now have a list of websites that I will not go to, because I know they are black holes that will suck away my time and attention. Any news site, unless it's directly related to your ecommerce goals, is beneath you.

I'm at the point now where, when people at work talk about news, politics, etc., I steer the conversation away from that or make excuses for why I have to leave the room. My cubicle neighbor loves to bring up the latest tragic event, or the latest political bombshell, and so far I've been nice about it but I'll have to get less nice if she doesn't cut it out.

Another reason you need to cut out this politics and other distractions crap is that it not only sucks your time, but it poisons your mind. How can you focus on making your world a better place by providing value to others, when all you read about or listen to tells you that the world is a horrible place that is getting worse by the moment.

You can't change all that shit that's going on out there. You can't stop the wars, or the political scandals, or the genocides, or any of it. So cut it out of your life as if it were a cancerous tumor in your brain. And then, use your extra time and attention and positive mental energy to actually go and do some stuff that will improve your future.

I speak from experience, and I'm not all the way there. I still waste time and feel regret, but I'm getting better. Please, make the decision today that you'll stop faking action and start making it happen.

/Rant over

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'll just have to prove you guys wrong.

We would love to see that. We want entrepreneurs to succeed.

The problem is the disconnect with your actions: Your effort is not of a millionaire, but of someone who likes the comfort of living at home with his parents.

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Phenibut is a social drug and a mind expander, something I'd do like only 10 times a year. I don't drink, hate weed, and pretty much any other drugs except a few stims (one I did a week or two ago for work.) To characterize me as doing drugs all day is laughable.

I'm the most responsible "drug user" (if you can very very loosely label me that)I you've ever known. I haven't done phenibut in like 4 months when I went partying with my buddy in Tijuana. The reason why I'm obsessed with the drug is because it taught me so much shit about life, happiness, and not giving a F*ck. Phenibut is a philosophy and state of mind that I strive to emulate without the drug and have in some ways done so successfully.

When I was making money illegally, I wasn't selling drugs. Nor do I idolize drug dealers or other short-term thinkers at all.

No clue who the F*ck that is.

Yes I know.

I'm just going with the vibe of the thread to randomly and viciously attack people. When you guys are viciously attacking me I'm just assuming it a joke because it's so funny and mischaracterizing so hey, gotta play along with the joke. Not to say that ALL comments are not mischaracterizing me, but others definitely do (like the "YOU NEED HELP MAN, YOU DRUG FIEND!!!" comment above.)

"I promise you I'll be making more than this @Spicymemer45 carpet cleaning fool (with an edgy and hip 2017 username) next year this time."

I don't understand how this is PURE EVIL and would warrant a SUPER ANGRY response ("You have no idea how much this pissed me off."). If someone said something as vicious and ignorant to me on here (which they have...multiple times) I would just chuckle, "Like" their comment because it was funny, and move on. When people throw shit at you and it's clearly false, laugh and shrug it off. It's a sign of a low self-esteem to believe it, freak the F*ck out, and get super angry over a slightly offensive remark. I don't understand how if someone on the internet jokingly mischaracterizes you in the context of a thread with many mischaracterizations then it's warrant for all out total war. And if you guys want more pictures of me, just ask. My mom says I'm handsome.

By the way, I still think it's true I will be making more money than @Spicymemer45 this time next year.

Look compadre. I hold myself to a high regard, I like to express my emotions, not deny them. I want to achieve, so I listen to those who will help me. Going through life with childlike wonder and drive to achieve your desires is what entices me to do more, to laugh, to scream, etc. I love life, and when you come in here and hold a false sense of reality, refer to yourself in a different persona. Then even dare to assume what you're doing is hustling (And then assume you're going to surpass me)

Yes, it makes me angry.

I'm still angry, this is an angry post.

But after this, I'm gonna go mow some yards, make some money, bang my girlfriend.

Cheers bud, I hope in the most un-ironic sense that you succeed.

Because that's what I'm going to do.​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

18623275_677699952413753_6695492706281426260_o.jpg

"I've been financially sane once before through crime, but now I have no choice but to do it legally this time."

WTF

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're not ready to engage in rational discourse.

Gee, another broke 19 year old living with his parents who knows everything.

Not a first at Fastlane.

And how do you know I know nothing about drop-shipping? Do you think @biophase knows anything about it? Keep speculating about stuff (and people) you know nothing about.

As for "rational discourse", you wouldn't know rational discourse if it hit you on the head and woke you up at 2pm instead of 4.

But go ahead, go get some advice from your other forum. Your previous life of self-confessed criminal activities might be better suited there.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I don't think it or any other book for that matter is really groundbreaking enough to warrant a whole day to take off and read though.

The book isn't worthy, but a whole day off because you "lost sight of your vision and needed a break" ... that's ayyokay

I can't even...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Just came across this thread and read it during my free time... This is all i have to say..

giphy.gif

I just couldn't look away...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Per OP's request, OP's forum account has been deleted.

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
I'm only a couple years older than you - and fell into the exact same digital generation pitfalls you did. Let me save you a couple years of wasted time .

i would tell you to cut out social media entirely - but it's literally part of your business. Do your best to keep it that way .

I too used to be addicted to the news: you need to kill the triggers. How do you consume it? If it's on TV, never turn on the TV. If it's on your phone , delete the news app. If you have an iPhone , delete the Automatic news side bar that exists when you swipe right/ that shit exists to suck you in.

Netflix. Save yourself the money, and more importantly the time . Delete your subscription today and cut that shit off.

As @Contrarian mentioned, the reason you're not disciplined is because you're not in a situation that forces you to be. In your head- you know that even if your business fails you have a roof over your head and food in your stomach. That's a terrible incentive

Although it sounds counter intuitive because it sucks time - I agree with the advice of getting a job. Doesn't have to be a conventional one - can be free lance work . I'm a writer.

This will do 2 things

1) when you work a job, the idea of working on a freedom creating business will become the most interesting thing in your life . When you don't work a job, mindlessly binging Netflix will become the escape you take from working on your "business". It's all relative.

2) outside perspective from other people . It's not good to be alone , and it's not good to work alone. It sounds like you need some human interaction in your life .

You got this dude.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I think you have all the wrong impressions about what you're actually doing.

You say that dropshipping is just 'set it and forget it' but you're not making any profitable sales. So you're doing something wrong but you're thinking you're doing something right.

If your products are good, you can tell people about them. Bloggers, Youtubers, influencers. Reach out. You'll hear lots of no's but some people will be interested in reviewing the product.

If your products are good, you can write about them and about the problems they solve. Creating and publishing content is something you can do while you're not specifically trying to drive sales.

Trust me: you CAN fill 8 hours a day with actual productive work, even if you don't know what to do.

It's not your model that makes us look at you a certain way: it's your attitude. You're not the only one who has come here, talked about doing something, then after prompting for advice you shrug it off and assume that people who have been in business for longer than you've been alive (oh noooo ageism sound the alarm) don't know shit about what you're trying to do.

Black Hat World is a shitty forum made up nearly entirely of scum, scammers, fraudsters, cheaters, and people just trying to make the quickest buck possible. They're all peddling crap like content spinners, directory submitters, scrapers, and other stuff that is meant to shortcut the process. You going there seems to imply that you're perfectly OK with compromising your morals (if you have any) and making money at other people's expense.

You've been given good advice. Why do you react in such a way? We're not here to make you feel good about what you're currently doing: we're here to help set you on the path to actual success.

Personally, I think you need a new hustle. That's just me, though. But there are still people in 2017 making decent money off of dropshipping (even though it's much harder to do nowadays). So... you do you boo

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Everything about your posts is what I despise about people my age "playing entreprenuer", asking me to go to lunch with them, partner with them, hear them out... It bleeds of just leeching off others rather than actually doing something.

Oh god this. "I'd be down to start a business together, let me know if you have an idea"

No

Rep+

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I think this kid will make it... if he learns how to actually put forth more effort.

It's not really about the hours he's working a day. If he only had 3-5 hours of work a day to do and is make satisfactory progress, well that's fine. Problem is, he's got work to do and he's not F*cking doing it.

OP, you have action steps and things that you NEED to do in order to take your business forward. Test your ads according to your budget, find new products to sell, find other ways of getting traffic, outreach to get bloggers on board, get your products on whatever channels you can in order to sell them, create content to rank, research and get on email lists, and more stuff that will get you TRAFFIC and SALES.

You're just not doing it. You're not doing it despite the fact that it could reap rewards in the future.

You're doing fidget spinners. If you had put in the effort 2 months ago, you might be making 10k+ a month by now. But you F*cking didn't and you're still a $240/mo chump living with his parents watching documentaries about serial killers at 2am on a Wednesday. No job, no real business, no school, no nothing.

You're living your own worst case scenario now and you're OK with that? If your answer is yes, then I think you might as well leave, because you don't have the drive.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I promise you I'll be making more than this @Spicymemer45 carpet cleaning fool (with an edgy and hip 2017 username) next year this time

Get out of here with that shit. Memer is actually adding value to his customers. Filling a need in his local area. He is connecting with people. He is living the fastlane values. He is turning a F*cking profit. And he started less than a month ago.

So far in this thread all you have done is jizzed $300 of someone else's money into google's back pocket.

#triggered.

Bloody troll.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
@LordPhenny The only thing you have in common with Martin Shkreli is likely a future of incarceration.

That said, here's your situation:
  • You now have multiple threads in multiple locations in internetland of you being a huge a**hole and talking about drug use.
  • Those threads include and link to your picture and your name
  • These things will now be online for the rest of your life
Stop throwing fuel on the fire of perpetual loserdom. You should probably just disconnect your internet and mobile data for a while until you can stop self-sabotaging.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
EDIT: @LordPhenny also really likes drugs. Explains a lot.
Confirmed this person is in fact real (not a troll).
Would be a shame if your only financial lifeline ended up seeing your posts.
Hmm.

Lord PHENNY... as in Phenibut.

That's hilarious.

Let's make an effort to stop dropping N-bombs.

Thanks.

+1

You have no idea how much this pissed me off. I'll F*cking show you, you sweaty basement troll.

Appreciate the motivation, and you can bet your sweet a$$ I'll be out of bed when it's actually daytime and the only exponential growth I foresee in your future is the pile of shitstain that is you.​

I guess now you can read one of the multiple "how do you deal with haters!?!" threads and be able to relate? :rofl:

You have a real life hater now! Congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes sirrah! Lordphenny will refer to himself in the 3rd person all day long.

"Lordphenny" is sort of an identity I had back when I was making $700/day. No F*cks given, postive, strong, and hustling. I need to bring it back so I'm referring to myself in the third person versus what my mind defaults to as a loser identity. Tony Robbins talks about this and I think I even saw a thread on here about how changing your identity changes everything.

crzy.jpg

Tim Allen Jr.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 6, 2017
virginia
Whatever, I'll just delete my account then. My little username and picture will still be in the comments so you guys can hold a yearly candlelight vigil and continue to research me while wiping away tears long after I'm gone.

To be perfectly honest, I'm less worried about you guys showing up at my front door asking for autographs and more worried about my techniques becoming mega saturated when I break through in these coming weeks and post it on here. It'd be one thing if everyone was a bit more respectful to me on this forum but everyone hates me so it's like eh, what's the point of even doing so.

I think we've can all agree we've had great fun here circlejerking eachother for 11+ pages. Btw, MJ, I'm almost done with your first book and it's one of those rare books that isn't that good in the beginning but really picks up steam at the end. 90% of the time I find it to be the other way around-- a book chooses a topic, you understand it in the first few chapters, and then it spends the other 70% of the book hammering on it at every minute angle til you're rolling your eyes. Overall I like it a lot and will be getting Unscripted too.

Love you all. Hugs and kisses. XOXOXO. Bye.

View attachment 15465

I'ma try not bash on you, and just give my opinion (which, what does that even matter to you). My bad if obviously many others have already said this stuff. I'll probably end up deleting this post anyway because I hate posting negative stuff. Especially when its seem's there has been a lot of shit thrown your way.

Firstly, this is the worst and best thread on this forum by far. The worst because it is the most unmotivating thing i have read and it actually angers me that I myself have read it and am replying to it. The best thread because sometimes knowing what not to do/act is just as important as knowing what to do.
-------
EDIT: thought i'd add what in my mind you have going for you.

Here's what you have going for you in my mind. You can easily speak your mind (ability and willingness to to speak your mind in business is important) and you have the ability to 'not give a F*ck' as you say (which can be useful when you need to work hard to grow a business in a sea of people who say it wont work), and lastly, you at least have some semblance of where you want to be (better than most). All of these things are can be positive things in the right context. But smart people know which tools to use and when (You can't hammer with glue, nor is a hammer always the right tool).
----------
Now, on to the rest of what I think you could work on:

1.) Your mindset/attitude is holding you back, you are not ready for the success you want. You mentioned your phenny usage has opened your eyes/mind, thats bullshit. I don't think i've ever heard of someone going through a metaphysical mindfuck change and talk like you. Anytime i've partaked in a drug and read through pitches/notes/messages that i've done... it's followed by deep thoughts why I sucked an what i could be doing better. Not saying you should do more drugs, but if you do, come back and read this thread when your high as balls, if there isn't some type of regret, your probably not ready for the success you want.

2.) You came to this forum for help, and have asked for it, but have not taken any feedback given. Do this with real customers when you have a 'business', your business will be on the path to failure. It seems like your asking for help, but instead of listening, you're thinking about the next thing your going to say. Reading books, yadda yadda doesn't mean shit if you can seriously look at yourself and say 'this is where i suck' and heres how i can make it better.

3.) I briefly read through the rest of your posts but wouldn't read through all because it was depressing af. You mentioned a bunch of times that you already know this or that (bringing customer value is a specific example).... again, from my perspective... untrue. Unless you've been able to implement and make money off it, you dont know it. Experience without results is F*cking pointless, that's not to say experience isn't useful though. One of the wisest things i've realized is that I don't know shit, which is why I have to keep learning.

4.) Read through your posts, if you were an a founder looking to take your business to the next level, would you partner with you? seriously....

5.) might not be for all, but for me, I've realized to be truly successful you need the help of others. You need people that will go through walls for you. Even after all the shit you've talked, people are still trying to help. That shit isn't going to continue to happen. No one wants to help a dick. YOu might say ohhh steve jobs... blah blah blah. NO! There is a difference in being a dick to achieve the greater mission and vision.... and just being a dick.

6.) Lastly, it seems like your still young, so you have plenty of time to learn and grow. Also, there are plenty of dicks out there that are successful, so regardless, you have that (theres no one way to live in the fastlane or be successful so chart your own path - but only fools ignore experience of those who've done it) . But there are many many many more successful non dickish people out there. Think in your group of people you know, what's the ratio of successful non dicks to dicks (Sorry community for language)?

This post got long af, but man, best of luck to you, hope you really do achieve your goals and make bank. Nobody in here really has time or cares to wish that you don't succeed..... that would only mean that we are hindering ourselves with that mindset. Who knows.... you could be an inspiration to all the people out there who share your view and thought process.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Yeah I read about the giving value element... That's just Basic 2017 Business Success 101...rehashing of shit I know and have read before. But new angles of viewing old concepts are always great so that's why I'm reading it.

You give proof of the action-faking right here.

"Shit I know" but you don't put it into action. Instead you continue to read other things looking for the 'new angles' aka the shortcuts.
How do I know? Because I did this for the longest time.

You didn't make one sale...meaning you didn't bring value to anyone. Re-tooling the ads aren't going to fix that.

"I KNOW" are the two suicide words for entrepreneurs.

They represent "I" meaning 'It's about me.'
And "KNOW" meaning 'you can't possibly teach me anything.'

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'ma try not bash on you, and just give my opinion (which, what does that even matter to you). My bad if obviously many others have already said this stuff. I'll probably end up deleting this post anyway because I hate posting negative stuff. Especially when its seem's there has been a lot of shit thrown your way.

Firstly, this is the worst and best thread on this forum by far. The worst because it is the most unmotivating thing i have read and it actually angers me that I myself have read it and am replying to it. The best thread because sometimes knowing what not to do/act is just as important as knowing what to do.
-------
EDIT: thought i'd add what in my mind you have going for you.

Here's what you have going for you in my mind. You can easily speak your mind (ability and willingness to to speak your mind in business is important) and you have the ability to 'not give a F*ck' as you say (which can be useful when you need to work hard to grow a business in a sea of people who say it wont work), and lastly, you at least have some semblance of where you want to be (better than most). All of these things are can be positive things in the right context. But smart people know which tools to use and when (You can't hammer with glue, nor is a hammer always the right tool).
----------
Now, on to the rest of what I think you could work on:

1.) Your mindset/attitude is holding you back, you are not ready for the success you want. You mentioned your phenny usage has opened your eyes/mind, thats bullshit. I don't think i've ever heard of someone going through a metaphysical mindfuck change and talk like you. Anytime i've partaked in a drug and read through pitches/notes/messages that i've done... it's followed by deep thoughts why I sucked an what i could be doing better. Not saying you should do more drugs, but if you do, come back and read this thread when your high as balls, if there isn't some type of regret, your probably not ready for the success you want.

2.) You came to this forum for help, and have asked for it, but have not taken any feedback given. Do this with real customers when you have a 'business', your business will be on the path to failure. It seems like your asking for help, but instead of listening, you're thinking about the next thing your going to say. Reading books, yadda yadda doesn't mean shit if you can seriously look at yourself and say 'this is where i suck' and heres how i can make it better.

3.) I briefly read through the rest of your posts but wouldn't read through all because it was depressing af. You mentioned a bunch of times that you already know this or that (bringing customer value is a specific example).... again, from my perspective... untrue. Unless you've been able to implement and make money off it, you dont know it. Experience without results is F*cking pointless, that's not to say experience isn't useful though. One of the wisest things i've realized is that I don't know shit, which is why I have to keep learning.

4.) Read through your posts, if you were an a founder looking to take your business to the next level, would you partner with you? seriously....

5.) might not be for all, but for me, I've realized to be truly successful you need the help of others. You need people that will go through walls for you. Even after all the shit you've talked, people are still trying to help. That shit isn't going to continue to happen. No one wants to help a dick. YOu might say ohhh steve jobs... blah blah blah. NO! There is a difference in being a dick to achieve the greater mission and vision.... and just being a dick.

6.) Lastly, it seems like your still young, so you have plenty of time to learn and grow. Also, there are plenty of dicks out there that are successful, so regardless, you have that (theres no one way to live in the fastlane or be successful so chart your own path - but only fools ignore experience of those who've done it) . But there are many many many more successful non dickish people out there. Think in your group of people you know, what's the ratio of successful non dicks to dicks (Sorry community for language)?

This post got long af, but man, best of luck to you, hope you really do achieve your goals and make bank. Nobody in here really has time or cares to wish that you don't succeed..... that would only mean that we are hindering ourselves with that mindset. Who knows.... you could be an inspiration to all the people out there who share your view and thought process.

Good luck.

Rep++

Must read for @LordPhenny -- too bad he might miss it because guess who wants his account deleted.

"Dear Amazon, please delete my account from your website as I don't feel my product is a fit for your customers."

Perhaps it isn't the customers, it's your product.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Do you even own an alarm? WTF even is your sleep pattern?

I had a lie in today and got up at 7am, it a Sunday, an extra hour never hurt anyone. Got up, had leisurely breakfast and started working at 7:45. I've done at least 3:30 hours work and its 11:30. I'm going to meet my brother for lunch and coffee later, probably get back at 4pm. Work for another 4 hours between 4pm and 10pm, hit the Gym for an hour and be in bed for 11:30.

What am I saying? You can have a bloody chilled out Sunday with socialising, working out, cooking meals and still get 8:30 hours of work in. What are you doing with your time?

As other have said. Get a job. A job is 8 hours a day. You can still put in your current 5 hours on the business.

8+5 = 13.
24 -13 = 11.

11 whole hours to eat, sleep, socialise. And you will have a regular income.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Ignoring the fact I took my rest day too early here, do you guys believe you can work 7 days a week 365 days a year with no consequences?

Careful, you might get wealthy doing that.

Worst consequence EVER.

(I literally have 10-12 hours of work in before this kid even gets out of bed.)

Why did I read (skim) this thread? My God, what am I doing with my life???

:rofl:

G

GuestUser450

@LordPhenny I won't add to the well-deserved atom bombs of truth dropped by some the forum's best contributors - if 5+ pages of it don't convince you, you're not ready to hear it.

So here's an olive branch - since I was a pedantic, misguided, spoiled try-hard once:

Take a break (no sarcasm). For real - take a break from this hustle. 9 times out of 10, I'd tell someone to start something immediately and not read another book or article or FB group thread or anything. To just go do something for someone and to charge for it. Service, product, whatever.

You're exceptional in this regard.

Press pause. Read the books. Unscripted , then TMFL. Read them at a coffee shop or a library. Turn your phone off. Do not track and write about how much or how long you read. Just read to comprehend.

You made it to the forum so the spark is there.

Your'e so close to being right. Read the books, then come back and share your thoughts.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
The fact that he goes to Blackhat World and pretends like he's going somewhere better is hilarious.

The word Black Hat in business is synonymous with unethical marketing.

It would be like someone in the financial industry saying "screw you im going to Ponzi World" and wondering why everyone blacklisted you.

Last edited:

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Do you know how you can turn this whole thread around?
Potentially turning it into a Gold thread?

You could keep using it as a progress thread.
But you listen to the advice and use it.
And you write about how you use it, what holds you back or how you decide which advice is valuable or non-valuable.

If you don't think certain advice will help you, explain your reasons better for others to understand.

All of this would make this thread even more valuable to others (especially newbies) - because it would show the progress from zero to real growth.

I do see parallels between his thread and my thread of 95% disagreement and 5% lukewarmness in the comments. It's obvious to me he's F*cking up and getting criticism for it. I don't think I'm F*cking up now but I'm definitely getting an equal or greater amount of criticism. But perhaps I am F*cking up and I will have to consider your comments to not be the whichride4you guy who is blissfully ignorant of his errors, but not for long once he learns that market research is necessary the hard way like I did and many entrepreneurs before him.

I will give my earnest effort to heed everyone's advice here and not learn it the hard way. Parts of it may be valid, other parts invalid. If I label valid advice as invalid and make more blunders, F*ck it, nobody's fault but mine and I will have to learn the hard way.
Huge Respect for posting this.
Great step into the first direction - keep going!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida