The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear and Action-Faking in Entrepreneurship-- a 19 year old's guide to askholing.

G

GuestUser091

Stop counting the amount of hours you are sitting in front of the computer screen. Instead just list the 5 biggest goals of the day and how many of them you managed to accomplish.

If only life was a simple and non-ambiguous as a video game (brb gotta get my Runescape woodcutting level up to 60 with 75k xp/hour).

Are you able to do this? I can't. I just go into tasks, have a rough idea of how long they should take, and get them done. I have a rough idea of the day ahead and the biggest tasks I plan (not all of them) for tomorrow are posted on here under "Big Business Items for Tomorrow". I count the hours because I know the quality of the hours I count is good and I'm getting work done during them (the vast majority of the time). When my hours are unproductive and action-faking, I do mention it in my "Grade for the Day" which is how I take quality into account and not just play to rack up dozens of useless hours. There's thousands of hours of work to do on my business before I'm a millionaire and I'm just chipping away at it a few hours at a time, so I'll continue to count my hours and discuss how I think they went.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser091

Day 33 6/19/17
Current Goal:

Current Ventures:

-a general shopify dropshipping store
-a social media marketing company *(essentially a job, no intentions of growing it)

Hours Worked on Business Today (breaks not included): 0 hours

Earnings: $8
$8= monthly profits ($240 monthly/30 days= $8/day) from my marketing company

Summary of Business Action Taken Today (Approximate)
-woke up at 7:50AM
-took the day off after 6 days of work (made a thread and poll about rest days here)
-going to bed now at 8:29PM

Big Business Items for Tomorrow:
-set up 2+ new product campaigns

Grade for the Day: F (20%) I’m always sickened by these days off but not enough to avoid falling into them. It always seems like my endurance lasts 5 days and then collapses. F*ck that shit, I’m sick of it. I want to win, I need to win. This intellectual beast that corrupts me doesn’t want me to win so it must F*cking die. Either I kill it or it kills me. I gave myself 20% instead of 0% because I managed to preserve my circadian rhythm and not let it get eaten by the beast too.

Day 34 6/20/17
Current Goal:

PRIMARY: get a day with 2 or more product launches

Current Ventures:

-a general Shopify ecommerce store
-a social media marketing company *(essentially a job, no intentions of growing it)

Hours Worked on Business Today (breaks not included): 4.6 hours

-woke up at 9:00AM
-set up my store’s IG account and automation software. Important for building a following and credibility for IG ads.
-briefly explored the possibilities of Steemit. Going to consider it as a side-hustle.
-Got an item I was a third the way through launching before losing focus
-Going to bed now at 10:39PM

Grade for the Day: D- (60%) It was a bullshit day. Could’ve hit two campaigns but my finger slipped off the trigger and got mired in watching TV like a heroin junkie. Slowness of action and action-faking throughout the day. The lack of productivity is sickening but I’m grateful for the little work I did get done and the opportunity I have to take action tomorrow.

G

GuestUser091

Day 35 6/21/17
Current Goal:

PRIMARY: get a day with 2 or more product campaign launches

Current Ventures:
-a general shopify dropshipping store

Hours Worked on Business Today (breaks not included): 7.25 hours

-woke up at 9:40AM
-launched a full product campaign (AKA found a product to dropship and launched 3 unique FB audiences with 3 unique ads). Took a while because I was getting used to the Adobe Premiere video editing as I’m a noob still. Nonetheless, made a good video with it and I will only get better and faster with time. Photoshop was hard for me at one point and now it’s a piece of cake.
-going to bed now at 11:22PM

Grade for the Day: B- (80%) Shit took way too long. I think I made killer ads but I need to cut down on the product niche research as much as the perfectionist in me hates to. Probably not good that I haven’t worked out in a few days either. Not working out F*cks my mental game like no other.

Day 36 6/22/17
Current Goal:

PRIMARY: get a day with 2 or more product launches

Current Ventures:
-a general Shopify ecommerce store

Hours Worked on Business Today (breaks not included): 9.8 hours

-woke up at 10:13AM
-studied some really good ad techniques from case studies of winning ads to make the actual ad image/video and copy killer
-made what I believe is my best and most comprehensive product launch and campaign yet. I keep getting better and better at this
-Going to bed now at 5:47AM

Grade for the Day: B (85%) Decent day. Things are moving slower than I had wished and have been for the past few days, eluding that magical “2 product launches in a day number” for an albeit consistent “1 a day launch.” My competitors are launching 3 product market tests a day so if I’m to keep up with them I need to hurry the F*ck up my working speed. Therefore, to the joy and urging of many of you, I’m nixing my “Hours Worked on Business Today” and will no longer be counting the hours I work. Nonetheless, I believe it did serve a positive purpose at one point in time when I was insecure that I wasn’t putting enough hours into my businesses. Now I’ve grown, I know for a fact I can put 6-12 hours a day into my business. Counting the hours has become a burden and vestigial structure that no longer serves me. It has exacerbated action-faking and my recent slowness in work. My primary focus will be on the goals I achieve in a day now. If I ever see reason for reinstating counting the hours (I doubt I will), then I will do so.

G

GuestUser091

You REALLY think that everyone would read every single detail of your activities? Nobody gives a shit (nigga).

I'll take a hiatus from posting starting now.

And remember that taking breaks to recover after a long sprint is good for you.

Lol, what I've been saying for the longest time.

Did you just refer to yourself in third person?

I think that tells you what we're dealing with.

Yes sirrah! Lordphenny will refer to himself in the 3rd person all day long.

"Lordphenny" is sort of an identity I had back when I was making $700/day. No F*cks given, postive, strong, and hustling. I need to bring it back so I'm referring to myself in the third person versus what my mind defaults to as a loser identity. Tony Robbins talks about this and I think I even saw a thread on here about how changing your identity changes everything.

What is your total advertising cost so far to not sell a product?

~$300 adspend. And in that $300 I got a shitton better, learned how to make video ads, improve my copy, etc. The next $300 will be spent faster and be of higher quality than the past $300. Nobody understands exponential growth. Anything worth doing is HARD AS F*ck in the beginning, but I have mentors and people who I see doing this (not just people who are trying to sell me courses, but actual people I've corresponded with, one guy making $30k a month on ecom). Hard as F*ck in the beginning is a good thing, MJ even talks about this in his book as the commandment of Entry. But obviously exponential growth interests nobody here especially when you have a zoomed in viewed of a accountability thread going play by play. I will show you little buggers when I do win and do go exponential.

Have you seen @Spicymemer45 's thread here? ^^^^

Concept to first SALE in 6 days by my count.

I'm under the impression he's about the same age as you as well.

And he's working some graveyard shifts too...

THAT'S what hustle looks like.

Once again, nobody understands exponential growth. I promise you I'll be making more than this @Spicymemer45 carpet cleaning fool (with an edgy and hip 2017 username) next year this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser091

terribly misunderstood

You need help man.

You need to stop doing drugs and get your life together.

There's some people that can do drugs and still be successful, but you're not one of them. If you were, then you'd be doing actual work.

Decide. Be a piece of shit that "coasts" through life drugged out, only to realize at 40 years old that you're a loser and your life has gone to shit? Or get your shit together, get rich as F*ck, bang super models, race supercars, and have a good quality of life?

Also, you need to stop idolizing scumbags and drug dealers. I'm guessing your profile pic is some sort of cocaine selling persona?

How many cocaine dealers do you know that are billionaires and not in jail?

Now how many people own boring a$$ businesses and live a life that you'll never get close to?

Selling drugs is only cool until you're like 21. But even then it's not worth it. Having a drug habit is never cool. It makes you lazy and unproductive. You're F*cking up your life with youthful stupidity.

Get your shit together.

Or get used to being a mediocre loser who is only respected by his own ego.

Phenibut is a social drug and a mind expander, something I'd do like only 10 times a year. I don't drink, hate weed, and pretty much any other drugs except a few stims (one I did a week or two ago for work.) To characterize me as doing drugs all day is laughable.

I'm the most responsible "drug user" (if you can very very loosely label me that)I you've ever known. I haven't done phenibut in like 4 months when I went partying with my buddy in Tijuana. The reason why I'm obsessed with the drug is because it taught me so much shit about life, happiness, and not giving a F*ck. Phenibut is a philosophy and state of mind that I strive to emulate without the drug and have in some ways done so successfully. I recommend everyone tries phenibut.

When I was making money illegally, I wasn't selling drugs. Nor do I idolize drug dealers or other short-term thinkers at all.

it's not like you are the only one who watched all the Nick Peroni's videos

No clue who the F*ck that is.

don't forget that that's a bubble which will pop once facebook ads will be too expensive due to market saturation, you'll then have to start building a brand in order to stand out of the crowd.

Yes I know.

you should apologize to @sparechange

I'm just going with the vibe of the thread to randomly and viciously attack people. When you guys are viciously attacking me I'm just assuming it a joke because it's so funny and mischaracterizing so hey, gotta play along with the joke. Not to say that ALL comments are not mischaracterizing me, but others definitely do (like the "YOU NEED HELP MAN, YOU DRUG FIEND!!!" comment above.)

"I promise you I'll be making more than this @Spicymemer45 carpet cleaning fool (with an edgy and hip 2017 username) next year this time."

I don't understand how this is PURE EVIL and would warrant a SUPER ANGRY response ("You have no idea how much this pissed me off."). If someone said something as vicious and ignorant to me on here (which they have...multiple times) I would just chuckle, "Like" their comment because it was funny, and move on. When people throw shit at you and it's clearly false, laugh and shrug it off. It's a sign of a low self-esteem to believe it, freak the F*ck out, and get super angry over a slightly offensive remark. I don't understand how if someone on the internet jokingly mischaracterizes you in the context of a thread with many mischaracterizations then it's warrant for all out total war. And if you guys want more pictures of me, just ask. My mom says I'm handsome.

By the way, I still think it's true I will be making more money than @Spicymemer45 this time next year.

Cosepreziose

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 12, 2015
No clue who the F*ck that is.

@Spicymemer45 this time next year.

Wherever you have heard from the shopify+aliexpress droshipping model, perhaps using Oberlo, it isn't what matters here.

You are free to think whatever it pleases you, you are not free to disrespect someone who's working on his own thing and has NOTHING to do with you.
Someone insulted you? You are free to retort to that person.

Now I want you to explain me under a logical perspective, where is right to insult (fool) someone who has nothing to do with you.

And for the record, I had been rooting for you the whole time, I really appreciated your honesty when you were admitting you had been lazy on a day, but I also appreciated people chewing on your back for that, because that is what I'd have wanted when I was on your situation and that is all that one can do to help you once all the possible sweet and kind suggestions have already been given.

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
Unfortunately, I'm not ONLY 19 years old and stumbling across this forum. :(

Santiago_12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 14, 2018
I know you are trying to build discipline and improve yourself to work more effectively, this is why I mention the book.

I'm glad you don't have as much trouble with sleep as I do, the reason I mentioned my insomnia was to make a point in regards to how much the book has helped me. The book is not geared towards insomniacs, but to the general populace. It aims to educate people about the misconceptions of sleep and provide data & information everyone can use to recuperate more effectively. If it can help me with a sleeping disorder, it certainly can help you.

For example: TV emits blue light which has been clinically proven to disrupt the quality of sleep at night. Sleep is the only time in which the body builds and regenerates itself. Sleep is vitally important to maintain hormone balance & re-energize our mind & bodies, so disrupting that period has significant impact on the rest of our waking lives. The book suggests that people refrain from watching TV for 1 & 1/2 hours prior to bedtime. Additionally, falling asleep at 3AM, for example, disrupts our circadian rhythm, our internal clocks "programmed" into our brains. It's been demonstrated that schedules like this will prematurely age us, as well as reducing work efficiency and increases the mistakes we make. Not only will it take you longer to work, you will have to spend more time correcting your mistakes. Humans for generations have fallen asleep shortly after sunset, yet with the invention of the light bulb & subsequent technology, this pattern has been majorly disrupted recently and we are now living in an era in which we are actively working against our own genetic code. Our circadian rhythm has a built in "second wind," an energizing period around the time of 10PM (this time varies seasonally), and this second wind is designed to stimulate our bodies shortly after we fall asleep. This stimulation is designed to enhance our recovery during sleep. By staying awake past this second wind, although we feel more energized, we miss out on the best recovery time our bodies can get, so we would need more sleep to recover & re energize ourselves than if we were to fall asleep prior to that second wind. I hope this information helps you as much or more than it has helped myself.

Best Regards,
Justin

P.S. I am not affiliated with the author or publisher in any way, I make the book recommendation based on what I have read in your post and I sincerely think it can help you as much as it has helped myself.
AMAZING! 10PM- 2AM are best known as healing hours. I try my best to catch them.

TheGreek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 27, 2020
Greece
Awesome thread!

Entrepreneurship is NOT for everyone. Skimmed through it again, the OP was hard into drugs at a young age which just made his brain explode I guess. Sad to see.
Yes, OP had many issues to solve. Most of the replies focused on his discipline, so I was curious about the work ethic that it takes to make a big amount of money or build a really profitable business. It was an honest question.

In my opinion, OP never learned to do the simplest tasks in his life. He could be a spoiled child that didn't learn to be responsible. It happens to some people. The drugs and his delusional business successes were ways to escape from reality.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.