The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DragoonDB Introduction

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
For those of you that open and read this post, I want to express my appreciation in advance. I say that because I understand you’re probably less concerned with someone’s introduction and more concerned with someone’s ongoing contribution. For taking a leap of faith on this post, thank you for your time.

About Me

By traditional standards, I have a successful life. I’m in my mid-30s and healthy. I have children, though I am divorced. I have a good career making low six-figures, with a 401K and approximately a month of vacation per year. I’ve been in a director position (focused on supply chain) for almost a decade, with a solid career path in front of me. I own a home. My debt is limited to a mortgage and car payment. I have savings and stock investments.

But…

By personal standards, I feel like I can do more – that I should do more. This is a constant feeling I’ve had during my life, and was reminded of while reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

I’m in process of moving from shortage thinking to abundance thinking in my personal life. At work, I push my teams to always make the impossible possible. For some reason, when I leave the doors at work I begin to question my ideas.

With my affinity for process and system design, if I can move from shortage to abundance thinking and find ways to offer value, I believe I can generate scalable solutions.

Fastlane Forum

I’ve read this forum from the shadows for some time. My reservation to register was due to my wondering what I can contribute.

I don’t own a business.
I don’t own real estate.
I haven’t separated my income from time.

My concern was adding value.

While my concern still exists, my desire to go for more has become the stronger emotion. I’ve also realized that although I’m not an authority, I’m constantly making impactful decisions on a daily basis – and I can draw on that background. That’s why I’m introducing myself today.

My Goals

Nope…you won’t see my goals pining on about cars and houses.

While I’ll admit that my documented goal setting needs to severely step up as I embark on this journey, there are two core goals that drive me.

First, I want to introduce freedom into my life. Yes, I would like more control over my schedule. When I come and go, when I’m in or out – these are obvious. More than that, though, is the ability to control my income and my income streams. As an employee, I don’t control my income (based on management) nor my streams (only my W2). The ability to grow one or both as a derivative of my work is massively exciting.

Second, and by far the most important of the two, is to introduce freedom into the life of my kids. My responsibility as a father is to help them be their own best person, but also for them to be better than me. The idea that they can avoid college, control how they derive their income, teach their kids – this is a generational responsibility that I’ve thus far horribly failed at.

Breaking income and time is critically important to me, and an obligation I have to my children.

Closing Comments

I look forward to engaging with this community. I’m excited by the opportunity to add value where I can, and to grow through the posts you make on this forum. I look forward to the day I can post a huge thank you and update on my success.

Now to post on the thread “I’ve Read The Millionaire Fastlane !”

All the best!

(tagging @MJ DeMarco as requested in the "Just a quick word" email I received upon registering)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
For those of you that open and read this post, I want to express my appreciation in advance. I say that because I understand you’re probably less concerned with someone’s introduction and more concerned with someone’s ongoing contribution. For taking a leap of faith on this post, thank you for your time.

About Me

By traditional standards, I have a successful life. I’m in my mid-30s and healthy. I have children, though I am divorced. I have a good career making low six-figures, with a 401K and approximately a month of vacation per year. I’ve been in a director position (focused on supply chain) for almost a decade, with a solid career path in front of me. I own a home. My debt is limited to a mortgage and car payment. I have savings and stock investments.

But…

By personal standards, I feel like I can do more – that I should do more. This is a constant feeling I’ve had during my life, and was reminded of while reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

I’m in process of moving from shortage thinking to abundance thinking in my personal life. At work, I push my teams to always make the impossible possible. For some reason, when I leave the doors at work I begin to question my ideas.

With my affinity for process and system design, if I can move from shortage to abundance thinking and find ways to offer value, I believe I can generate scalable solutions.

Fastlane Forum

I’ve read this forum from the shadows for some time. My reservation to register was due to my wondering what I can contribute.

I don’t own a business.
I don’t own real estate.
I haven’t separated my income from time.

My concern was adding value.

While my concern still exists, my desire to go for more has become the stronger emotion. I’ve also realized that although I’m not an authority, I’m constantly making impactful decisions on a daily basis – and I can draw on that background. That’s why I’m introducing myself today.

My Goals

Nope…you won’t see my goals pining on about cars and houses.

While I’ll admit that my documented goal setting needs to severely step up as I embark on this journey, there are two core goals that drive me.

First, I want to introduce freedom into my life. Yes, I would like more control over my schedule. When I come and go, when I’m in or out – these are obvious. More than that, though, is the ability to control my income and my income streams. As an employee, I don’t control my income (based on management) nor my streams (only my W2). The ability to grow one or both as a derivative of my work is massively exciting.

Second, and by far the most important of the two, is to introduce freedom into the life of my kids. My responsibility as a father is to help them be their own best person, but also for them to be better than me. The idea that they can avoid college, control how they derive their income, teach their kids – this is a generational responsibility that I’ve thus far horribly failed at.

Breaking income and time is critically important to me, and an obligation I have to my children.

Closing Comments

I look forward to engaging with this community. I’m excited by the opportunity to add value where I can, and to grow through the posts you make on this forum. I look forward to the day I can post a huge thank you and update on my success.

Now to post on the thread “I’ve Read The Millionaire Fastlane !”

All the best!

(tagging @MJ DeMarco as requested in the "Just a quick word" email I received upon registering)

Welcome. With your supply chain experience you will have no trouble adding value here. Lots of parents here as well, you’re in good company!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I own a home. My debt is limited to a mortgage and car payment.

Well if you have a mortgage, you don't own your own home. Heck, even without the mortgage, you don't own it. And car payments indicate you can't afford the car, if you could, why are car payments needed?

Consumer debt is consumer debt.

Not trying to be negative, but just pointing out the insanity of SCRIPTED programming into making you think you actually own these things, much less, can afford them. That's how you are kept obedient in the system.

Sounds like a solid purpose and meaning, much stronger than boats and mansions. I go into the importance of meaning in Unscripted , but not so much in TMF . A strong meaning = strong follow through.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the introduction!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Powerful motivations.

A line I heard that I (try to) live by: "My job is to be the man I want my sons to grow up to be."

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
My responsibility as a father is to help them be their own best person

Awesome, love it! I pressure myself to learn so that I can be the best teacher I can for my kiddos. Continuing the generational Scripted BS is my foe.

Welcome to the forum!

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
Well if you have a mortgage, you don't own your own home. Heck, even without the mortgage, you don't own it. And car payments indicate you can't afford the car, if you could, why are car payments needed?

Consumer debt is consumer debt.

Not trying to be negative, but just pointing out the insanity of SCRIPTED programming into making you think you actually own these things, much less, can afford them. That's how you are kept obedient in the system.

Sounds like a solid purpose and meaning, much stronger than boats and mansions. I go into the importance of meaning in Unscripted , but not so much in TMF . A strong meaning = strong follow through.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the introduction!

My first post, and the hammer is already coming down! (I jest!)

Agreed on the points you make, MJ. Good opportunity to ensure I, and everyone else on the forum, are reminded of the shackles consumer debt puts on you.

I appreciate you taking time to respond!

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
Powerful motivations.

A line I heard that I (try to) live by: "My job is to be the man I want my sons to grow up to be."

From what I've read thus far, and your generous reply to my introduction, you truly offer up sage advice and commentary. Thanks for taking time to reply - I look forward to reading more of your posts on the forum!

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
Awesome, love it! I pressure myself to learn so that I can be the best teacher I can for my kiddos. Continuing the generational Scripted BS is my foe.

Welcome to the forum!

It's great to know there are other parents with the same thoughts - already MTEE1985 and yourself have welcomed me aboard. I look forward to learning from others who are farther along the path, and from whom I can glean insights and lessons. Thanks!

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Welcome aboard mate.

I'm sure you'll find most of us are in the same boat.. with mortgage and car loans, and locked into some variation of the 9-5.

We're all working towards the Unscripted dream in our own special way... some of us are just further along the path than others.

All the best
Dave

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.