The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Documenting my journey to become a freelancer

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's been a long time since I posted here, so here it goes.

There are multiple reasons that forced me to stop posting.

1. My offline business has been shifted to a place far from where I live. (4 hours daily commute). I have to go in early everyday, and come home late at night. I'm commuting via trains, and they're jam packed. So there's no way for me to pursue the client project there. Instead, I open up the kindle app on my phone and have downloaded a few copywriting books which I intend to read and take notes, while on my commute.
2. The responsibilities at work have increased, and I'm on the run almost all the time while I'm working. Besides, my dad's getting old and I've decided to get him retired by next year by taking over his business and growing it as much as I can. (The same business that I'm commuting to.). It's tiring, exhausting yet somehow rewarding at the same time.
3. My friend, whose website I was supposed to make, has postponed the project till the end of January. It would be virtually impossible for me to take out even an hour for coding and building a website until the end of April so I guess I'll think about the project when the time comes. If she is ready to postpone for some time that's perfect, if not, I'll let that project go.
4. My wife's been suffering from heavy stress, anxiety and a ton of overthinking which has led to panic attacks multiple times in the past since we got married.So, I have to do something about it. Maybe it's the place we're living. It's a small town and there's virtually nothing for her to do while I'm working. Thinking of moving to some place else, let's see how that goes.
5. Since I'm taking all the responsibility from my dad, It's overwhelming and I don't know where to start so it's gonna take some time to figure everything out. Which is why I have decided to take a break and focus solely on the business. Maybe some copywriting stuff while on the commute, but anything more than that wouldn't be possible.

So, there it is. It's not that I have given up, but the circumstances have forced me to adapt. Maybe I'll try and make my father's business fastlane. The journey is still incomplete, and I'll be back soon.
Can you live closer to your dad's business? Then you're also able to spend more time with your wife?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Any update on this one mate? Enjoyed your journey - hope your ok and sorted out the travel / work issues
It's been a long time since I posted here, so here it goes.

There are multiple reasons that forced me to stop posting.

1. My offline business has been shifted to a place far from where I live. (4 hours daily commute). I have to go in early everyday, and come home late at night. I'm commuting via trains, and they're jam packed. So there's no way for me to pursue the client project there. Instead, I open up the kindle app on my phone and have downloaded a few copywriting books which I intend to read and take notes, while on my commute.
2. The responsibilities at work have increased, and I'm on the run almost all the time while I'm working. Besides, my dad's getting old and I've decided to get him retired by next year by taking over his business and growing it as much as I can. (The same business that I'm commuting to.). It's tiring, exhausting yet somehow rewarding at the same time.
3. My friend, whose website I was supposed to make, has postponed the project till the end of January. It would be virtually impossible for me to take out even an hour for coding and building a website until the end of April so I guess I'll think about the project when the time comes. If she is ready to postpone for some time that's perfect, if not, I'll let that project go.
4. My wife's been suffering from heavy stress, anxiety and a ton of overthinking which has led to panic attacks multiple times in the past since we got married.So, I have to do something about it. Maybe it's the place we're living. It's a small town and there's virtually nothing for her to do while I'm working. Thinking of moving to some place else, let's see how that goes.
5. Since I'm taking all the responsibility from my dad, It's overwhelming and I don't know where to start so it's gonna take some time to figure everything out. Which is why I have decided to take a break and focus solely on the business. Maybe some copywriting stuff while on the commute, but anything more than that wouldn't be possible.

So, there it is. It's not that I have given up, but the circumstances have forced me to adapt. Maybe I'll try and make my father's business fastlane. The journey is still incomplete, and I'll be back soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.