The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing a Health Supplement Business - Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hypnotist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 19, 2015
Adelaide, South Australia
Hey 1Step,

I'm brand new in this forum, this is my first post and your thread is the first thread I've read through to entirety. I felt like I was reading a fantastic "rags to riches" story all the way through haha!

Very well written and extremely exciting, however it's not exactly the fairy tale ending for you I had imagined (or was it?). Maybe I still need some work on coming back to reality.

Interesting to hear that the market has been swamped from online courses. My initial interest in a supplement business came from being invited to look at a course on how to sell supplements online too, but that was last week.

What was your lifestyle like at the peak of your business? Did you win back some time for yourself whilst making a decent passive income?

Do you think someone needs to have a laser targeted niche product to cut through the hype and noise of all the generic private labelled products on the market? Specifically targeting 1 customer pain point at a time rather than trying to open a generic supplement mega store of fish oil, multivitamins and general stuff they can get from their corner chemist?

I really hope your next venture gets you even more success, thank you for taking the time to write this thread!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I'm brand new in this forum, this is my first post and your thread is the first thread I've read through to entirety. I felt like I was reading a fantastic "rags to riches" story all the way through haha!
Thanks for stopping by

Very well written and extremely exciting, however it's not exactly the fairy tale ending for you I had imagined (or was it?). Maybe I still need some work on coming back to reality.
My fairy tale is far from ending. Its like in the Lion King where Simba goes against his fathers advice and gets attacked by the hyenas and beat up, thats about where I was in my journey when I stopped this company.

What was your lifestyle like at the peak of your business? Did you win back some time for yourself whilst making a decent passive income?
I controlled my time but I worked a ton. I was able to travel to Italy and Thailand and do a lot of other stuff that I couldn't do when I had a job but I still worked a lot which was fine because I enjoyed it. Controlling your time and schedule is an amazing feeling of freedom and makes for a great lifestyle. It was never the four hour work week or that type of lifestyle but it is very enjoyable for me.

Do you think someone needs to have a laser targeted niche product to cut through the hype and noise of all the generic private labelled products on the market? Specifically targeting 1 customer pain point at a time rather than trying to open a generic supplement mega store of fish oil, multivitamins and general stuff they can get from their corner chemist?
I think being targeted is a good way to do it. There are a few fastlaners that have done that very well. You can also check out what Ben Hebert has done, what he has done is awesome.

I really hope your next venture gets you even more success, thank you for taking the time to write this thread!
Thank you, I started my next venture before killing the supplements. I manufacture products in America and China and sell them online and in retail stores. I think its already more successful than the previous venture ever was.
Thanks for the questions, you asked interesting questions and they were fun to answer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.