The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

De-indexed by Google x 100

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
OK. There's a first time for everything. This was a first for me.

I have been going the autoblogging route for a long time now. I knew Google didn't like it, and they were dropping posts from indexing on my sites after about 7-10 days. But those 7-10 days were working well, and there were plenty of posts to fill the basket with.

I knew they were dropping my main KW phrases, since they'd been tanking in Market Samurai over the past couple of weeks. But they seem to have totally de-indexed my sites now.

Not a single page is showing in the index. But their Bots are visiting regularly.

I had been working out a game plane on how to rebuild the sites just prior to this. Might be too late now.

My question is: Have any of you been de-indexed and built the site back? If so, I'll continue to work on them (they still get traffic from Bing and Yahoo).

If not, I'll just let them die a slow death and build some new ones the right way.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Have you manually searched and checked your serps? I know my serp checker has not been functioning for a few days now.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Quit being lazy and write your own blog posts. Unique phrases and keywords will get you way better ranking then 1000000 autoblogged posts.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Quit being lazy and write your own blog posts. Unique phrases and keywords will get you way better ranking then 1000000 autoblogged posts.

I don't believe he's trying to be lazy, but just trying to make the most efficient use of his time over the number of sites that he has (100+). Even if he did take the time to write his own posts for each site my guess is they wouldn't be top quality posts, because afterall how can a person be an authority on 100 different topics? It's just too much.

Hope you get your sites back Bob.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Not specifically, but my clicks are way down, and sites of mine that are not autoblogs are still holding index (and traffic) according to MS.

Here's a screenshot of one of the affected sites.

If I go into Google, and do a search for it: "site:chimneywoodstove.com" it get:
Your search - site:Chimney Wood Stove - did not match any documents.

I also tried without the www. with the same results.

My 'original content' sites don't have the same issue.

Bob

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007

Yep. I know that. I have a few original content sites. But, like Kasey said, I can't do that for 100+ sites.

That said, I know I have to redo the sites. I just don't know if Google will consider them dead for eternity, or if I can resurrect them. Most are 1-2 years old and were just renewed. I hate to lose the aging.

Oh. And so far, that hasn't been true. My autocontent sites were ranking far better, and making far more money, than my original content sites.

Until now ;-)

Bob

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
With thousands of posts it is impossible for you to find out which post triggered google to nuke your website. Best way to get reranked is to start all over with a different approach.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
With thousands of posts it is impossible for you to find out which post triggered google to nuke your website. Best way to get reranked is to start all over with a different approach.

I don't even care which one post it is. I know what I was doing was creating crap content in Google's eyes. That doesn't mean it can't be improved.

For example, if I had an autopost that just showed an Amazon product with a "Buy Now" type button, I can edit that post for SEO. I can add a review of that product. I can turn a crap post into a 300-400 word post of value.

But will Google care?

I guess I'm looking for someone who has gone through this to tell me. Maybe no one has.

I did check My site isn't doing well in search - Webmaster Tools Help which says:

However, if your site used to be indexed and no longer is, it may have been removed for violations of our Webmaster Guidelines. Review the guidelines and then, once you've fixed any issues, submit a reconsideration request.

I'm looking for feedback on if that's real or an "I'll still respect you in the morning" sort of thing.

Bob

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Yes, google will rerank your new post but youll have to do that to all your posts because you do not know which one created the nuke. One post wont matter because the spider will continue to crawl the post or posts that created the problem in the first place.

D

DeletedUser2

ah the google slap.

we had autoblogging sites, like those. and once google found our server, was full of those, our whole network bit the Serps Dust.

So we moved to C block types of IP adresses, and got re ranked for a while. until google found each one, over time and kept killing them.

So we went to a 50 / 50 split where I was buying articles for 50% of the content and autoblogged the rest. that helped alot, but it was alot of work.
so I sold them off at flippa.

I have determined the efforts dont work well for the money, with SEO, since google can be so capricious.

but we did keep a couple an moved over to buying banners and media for my top 3 sites, and they make more money than all the other junk did. you may try to refocus the few that convert the best

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Don't mean to hijack the thread by asking this, but what I would like to know is how the heck do you manage your backlink building for 100+ different sites?

If you have some great organizational process, you might be able to create a web application and sell it, either as a one time software license purchase or as a monthly subscription for your service. Just throwing some ideas out there for ya. :D

RichD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jun 3, 2011
Illinois
My take:

SEO isn't hard. If you know what you are doing.

I regularly am able to get sites ranked on first and second pages of results in as little as 2 weeks depending on the subject matter.

DO NOT do the auto content stuff. You are WASTING your time. Google is far too sophisticated in their algorithms now and it is the KOD (kiss of death). And frankly, doing that is akin to spamming.

You have to realize that the Value in Google or any search engine is to provide HIGHLY RELEVANT and USEFUL content and links to resources.

There is NO VALUE to people when all they pull up is pages upon pages of irrelevant gobbeldygook that circle jerks them to a site that most likely will have little or nothing to do with the specifics they are seeking.

THAT is why your stuff got tanked and most likely the domain name blackballed indefinitely.

If you need lots of content relatively quickly, you can go to elance.com, freelancer.com or any similar job-bid site and get it done. Believe me, the overseas guys will be more than happy to do a lot for almost next to nothing. Just make sure they have samples and a fairly decent reviews.

Start again and do it right. And ask for help if you need it.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I don't even care which one post it is. I know what I was doing was creating crap content in Google's eyes. That doesn't mean it can't be improved.

For example, if I had an autopost that just showed an Amazon product with a "Buy Now" type button, I can edit that post for SEO. I can add a review of that product. I can turn a crap post into a 300-400 word post of value.

But will Google care?

I guess I'm looking for someone who has gone through this to tell me. Maybe no one has.

I did check My site isn't doing well in search - Webmaster Tools Help which says:

However, if your site used to be indexed and no longer is, it may have been removed for violations of our Webmaster Guidelines. Review the guidelines and then, once you've fixed any issues, submit a reconsideration request.

I'm looking for feedback on if that's real or an "I'll still respect you in the morning" sort of thing.

Bob

Try it w/one site (your biggest revenue generator). Do original content, over a period of days, then weeks-- THEN resubmit after a month or so (once the google bots can show your new approach).

Can't hurt.

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Try it w/one site (your biggest revenue generator). Do original content, over a period of days, then weeks-- THEN resubmit after a month or so (once the google bots can show your new approach).

Can't hurt.

-Russ H.

Yep. That's what I'm doing. (I actually had started before I was de-indexed.) I'm creating 5 pages of original content, and moving the blog to the background.

I have about 650 posts on the site -- about half of which are probably junk. Those are things such as articles from articlebase.com and iTunes and other non-monetizable content.

I'll delete those, and build out the others. I need to add redirects for all the posts if I change their URL to fit a new title.

We'll see if that gains me anything.

Don't mean to hijack the thread by asking this, but what I would like to know is how the heck do you manage your backlink building for 100+ different sites?

I wish I was that organized. My Dad always said that I couldn't find my own a$$ if it wasn't attached.

The only backlinking that happened was that which occurred naturally. I'm actually only promoting backlinking to my original content sites.

but we did keep a couple an moved over to buying banners and media for my top 3 sites, and they make more money than all the other junk did. you may try to refocus the few that convert the best

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Someone who had pushed the limits and was able to renew the happy feeling. I just didn't want to spend a couple hundred hours redoing a site, only to find out that Google was never going to show me the love again.

Bob

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada

Can't hurt.

If you're going to do this, you will want to move the sites to a new server. Since Google has de-indexed all your sites, it means they have identified you by either IP address of your server, or domain name registration... most likely the former. So unless you change the IP it may not matter what you do.

Personally, I'd go with RichD's advice.

I have had banned sites come back in Google, but it took 1 to 2 YEARs, and I didn't do anything to warrant them, so probably just time.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I just bought the domain name F*ckGooglePanda.com haha

panda-logo.png

Those bastards can bite me.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
My take:

SEO isn't hard. If you know what you are doing.

I regularly am able to get sites ranked on first and second pages of results in as little as 2 weeks depending on the subject matter.

DO NOT do the auto content stuff. You are WASTING your time. Google is far too sophisticated in their algorithms now and it is the KOD (kiss of death). And frankly, doing that is akin to spamming.

You have to realize that the Value in Google or any search engine is to provide HIGHLY RELEVANT and USEFUL content and links to resources.

There is NO VALUE to people when all they pull up is pages upon pages of irrelevant gobbeldygook that circle jerks them to a site that most likely will have little or nothing to do with the specifics they are seeking.

THAT is why your stuff got tanked and most likely the domain name blackballed indefinitely.

If you need lots of content relatively quickly, you can go to elance.com, freelancer.com or any similar job-bid site and get it done. Believe me, the overseas guys will be more than happy to do a lot for almost next to nothing. Just make sure they have samples and a fairly decent reviews.

Start again and do it right. And ask for help if you need it.

THIS!

In internet, the majority is always wrong. When you use spun articles, submit to tons of articles directories, use blog commenting software, etc; you will be penalized by Google. Instead of building 100+ sites, you may want to just build ONE good authority site.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Like jon mentioned it could have been your registration info or other footprint across all of your sites. IP bans are a myth really. To continue using the same domains you are going to need to put a whole new site on the domains and file for reinclusion through wmt for each one. It may or may not make time/money sense vs just getting or aquiring new domains and take a new approach.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks Chris.

I have been working on one site for right now.

I also have a new (related) domain that I had bought a while ago.

That one will be totally original content.

My original goal was to build the original content site and link to from crap sites.

The linking probably won't be seen now, but I'll try to test with the one site I'm working on.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Don't link it from a banned site, bad indicator. also all banned domains continue to get bot hits, the bots will come in from links but no indexing will take place.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks.

That was my plan before banning, not now.

Now, I'm just hoping that I can get CPR to work on the old site.

If one works, I'll consider doing more, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bob

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Any update on your sites Bob?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.