The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

De-indexed by Google x 100

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
you can use seoserp.com to check the top 1000

site: query will show indexing, rank wouldnt matter if there are no pages indexed to rank, lol.

Bob, Is the revenue from yahoo/bing worth keeping the server running? If anything i would just use something more automated to control the sites next time, and for now just forget about these. They are all being phased out so you'll end up getting tied into more time and money trying to recover than just starting over with a new plan.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
site: query will show indexing, rank wouldnt matter if there are no pages indexed to rank, lol.

lol, I misread. my mind read 'no listings in the top 100' which is why I thought I would be able to expand his horizons. maybe I should be taking adderall I hear it will make me a genius :)

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Chris:

I'm just about at the tipping point for hosting costs versus income.

I'm not doing any work on these -- they are all just sitting there.

The thing that may sway it right now is that HostGator keeps shutting me down for bandwidth usage.

Too many bots are swarming the sites. I've followed about every trick they've sent my way, to no avail.

I'm off to NAMS next week to try and learn some new tricks. Anyone else going from here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Chris:

I'm just about at the tipping point for hosting costs versus income.

I'm not doing any work on these -- they are all just sitting there.

The thing that may sway it right now is that HostGator keeps shutting me down for bandwidth usage.

Too many bots are swarming the sites. I've followed about every trick they've sent my way, to no avail.

I'm off to NAMS next week to try and learn some new tricks. Anyone else going from here?

What is NAMS?

You are hitting bandwidth limits from bots on 100 sites? That sounds really odd. How many bot views are you doing an hour on average? If google is no longer indexing you you can block googlebot. Also it's probably more likley scrapers. I would put root rules in place to block certain countries, auto-block anything that makes too many requests in a short period of time, and def block CUIL and other annoying search engines that bring no traffic.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Network Affiliate Marketing Systems

Here's the class schedule: http://nams.ws/nams6schedule

Fairly low in cost to go to. Hotel is affordable. No food and bev to avoid $2,400 food cost (sounds like B&P).

Runs 8/19 - 8/21 in Atlanta.

did you start in february with the assignments, if so, how is it working so far?

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Kurt:

I'm not familiar with any assignments. I have been participating in the weekly webinars.

I also am part of Lynn Terry's Elite Membership forum. They do weekly conference calls/webinars during lunch hours on Thursdays. One nice thing there is the site reviews she does. Her stuff isn't too high-tech, but she keep you moving.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
have you been able to measure growth in income directly as a result of what they are teaching?

No. Just the opposite so far. But I've only been at it a few months.

My biggest issue is letting go of these old sites to focus on new opportunities. And that is what they keep telling me to do. I'm just having a hard time letting go of my "babies", even though they died months ago.

One thing I'm really struggling with is treating the internet like a business. I sort of got in it to learn, thinking I might make some money while I'm at it. So I look at IM as a tuition I'm investing in, instead of a business that should be paying me.

I'm to the point where that needs to change. I have tenants I have to support (cheap jab at my RE investments)!

Actually, I have to say that I've learned a ton about IM, and can whip up a site in hardly any time. I never wanted to hire it out until I knew how to do it myself. I'm there now, so it is time for me to shift focus on this entire business area.

Good things will come, or... well... good things will come.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
yup gotta remove emotion and use the numbers! at least on stuff like this

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
yup gotta remove emotion and use the numbers! at least on stuff like this

I agree, but as someone who is similarly stuck, sometimes it is easier to stick to analyzing the crappy numbers you know than risking going after unknown numbers.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Making it isn't easy. Both you and I know that is a terrible idea. every time I went for those "crazy numbers" I won big. You got to get way out side that comfort zone

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.