The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crushing B2B Sales with LinkedIn

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
Ok so basically.

Let's say that you send me a connection request on LinkedIn, and I accept. You'll then send me a personalised video message via LinkedIn. When I click the link and go through to the video on DUBB, a piece of code called the "Facebook Pixel" recognises me as a Facebook user and puts me on your "retargeting" list. Now, when I browse Facebook, Instagram, and other apps/websites I will see your ads around the web.

Make sense?

Obviously, this all has to be set up - but it's fairly simple to figure out ;)

Ahhh gotcha! Appreciate this information breakdown.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've never come across this - but looks similar.

Is it good?
I find Bonjoro kinda clunky. Could be a case of stupid user though. I’ll have a look at dubb. Thanks for the heads up.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Thanks guys, esp. Earl, Please indulge an absolute rookie in this area. Do you have any tips, sites, references for learning how to create the kind of videos you're using. I'm interested re your ideas of a LinkedIn marketing firm or student/interns. Do you have practical suggestions for a beginner and cost comparison? How about using VAs?
Also I want to echo the others in saying thanks for some potentially valuable info.
Wolfman

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Thanks guys, esp. Earl, Please indulge an absolute rookie in this area. Do you have any tips, sites, references for learning how to create the kind of videos you're using. I'm interested re your ideas of a LinkedIn marketing firm or student/interns. Do you have practical suggestions for a beginner and cost comparison? How about using VAs?
Also I want to echo the others in saying thanks for some potentially valuable info.
Wolfman

If you're making unique videos per person - that's easy. Get your face in front of a camera and talk.

If you are talking about making something more generic to send. Well, I think it depends on your budget.

If you are on a low budget, you could definitely shoot something with your iPhone and then hire someone on Upwork to edit it - add in some "B-Roll" over the top etc. Shouldn't cost you a lot.

Bit more budget? A local video student, or small videography company will definitely be able to help you out. Just make sure you are clear with what you want and perhaps have a script in mind in advance.

For inspiration, I would suggest checking out some successful Kickstarter campaigns. These are normally face-to-camera videos with b-roll - and if the Kickerstarter has done well, chances are they probably having a BANGIN' video.

Hope that helps.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
If you're making unique videos per person - that's easy. Get your face in front of a camera and talk.

If you are talking about making something more generic to send. Well, I think it depends on your budget.

If you are on a low budget, you could definitely shoot something with your iPhone and then hire someone on Upwork to edit it - add in some "B-Roll" over the top etc. Shouldn't cost you a lot.

Bit more budget? A local video student, or small videography company will definitely be able to help you out. Just make sure you are clear with what you want and perhaps have a script in mind in advance.

For inspiration, I would suggest checking out some successful Kickstarter campaigns. These are normally face-to-camera videos with b-roll - and if the Kickerstarter has done well, chances are they probably having a BANGIN' video.

Hope that helps.
This definitely helps. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Wolfman

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
This definitely helps. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Wolfman

Sure thing. Any questions you have, just let me know.

I am focused on some VERY specific biz dev at the moment so I've got my LinkedIn stuff more on autopilot right now with a generic promo video I created and help from one of my team.

That said, it's my intention to really take my LinkedIn strategy to the next level in the coming months with a LOT more care and attention - so I will for sure keep things updated here.

One of the RIDICULOUS things I am finding is that I now have a network of WELL over 6000 connections, and when I post to LinkedIn, thoughtful posts get 2000+ views.

:clap:: THIS :clap:: IS :clap:: INSANE

Just think about that.

I am connecting with my EXACT target market.

...and 2000 of them are seeing my posts every time I post.

So - I am really needing to focus on my content strategy - this is MASSIVE.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
When you send the connection request and they do not accept for few or months, do you ever withdraw the request or leave as is? I feel like when I reach out to a lot of my prospects they do no accept my request even with a message (I am not doing the video yet).

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Sure thing. Any questions you have, just let me know.

I am focused on some VERY specific biz dev at the moment so I've got my LinkedIn stuff more on autopilot right now with a generic promo video I created and help from one of my team.

That said, it's my intention to really take my LinkedIn strategy to the next level in the coming months with a LOT more care and attention - so I will for sure keep things updated here.

One of the RIDICULOUS things I am finding is that I now have a network of WELL over 6000 connections, and when I post to LinkedIn, thoughtful posts get 2000+ views.

:clap:: THIS :clap:: IS :clap:: INSANE

Just think about that.

I am connecting with my EXACT target market.

...and 2000 of them are seeing my posts every time I post.

So - I am really needing to focus on my content strategy - this is MASSIVE.
Hey Earl, It sounds like you're kicking butt w/ social media. This is one of my weak points but I'm working on it and looking into a course. You have helped by showing me the potential value of your approach.
I'm trying to balance electronic media with going to trade shows and other ways of marketing. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Greg

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
When you send the connection request and they do not accept for few or months, do you ever withdraw the request or leave as is? I feel like when I reach out to a lot of my prospects they do no accept my request even with a message (I am not doing the video yet).

Every once in a while I clear out the oldest connection requests as when you get to a certain amount, you can’t send anymore.

Hey Earl, It sounds like you're kicking butt w/ social media. This is one of my weak points but I'm working on it and looking into a course. You have helped by showing me the potential value of your approach.
I'm trying to balance electronic media with going to trade shows and other ways of marketing. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Greg

You’re welcome, Greg.

Just remember that if you take the right approach on social and keep that “you” focus that @Lex DeVille talks about a lot - you can make just as strong connections online as any trade show.

It’s all about helping people, and showing value.

One thing that Gary Vee talks about a lot is giving ALL of your best information for FREE, and then charging for access to you. This is a smart move and is definitely paying off for me.

Hope that helps - im always here if you have questions.

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
how many people did you send videos to the first month?

like 3-5 people add me everyday, and about half of them open my message, and from there 3/4ths watch the video. you said you got 40 leads your first month, im assuming you mustve sent like 100 videos?

trying to figure out how to make this more efficient.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Every once in a while I clear out the oldest connection requests as when you get to a certain amount, you can’t send anymore.

You’re welcome, Greg.

Just remember that if you take the right approach on social and keep that “you” focus that @Lex DeVille talks about a lot - you can make just as strong connections online as any trade show.

It’s all about helping people, and showing value.

One thing that Gary Vee talks about a lot is giving ALL of your best information for FREE, and then charging for access to you. This is a smart move and is definitely paying off for me.

Hope that helps - im always here if you have questions.
Hi Earl, Obviously we both have a "you focus." I believe this works even in a cut and paste world. As far as giving away your best info for free, in my case you get what you pay for it. (zilch) But that would probably work well in a service business. I've begun making videos. They are so pathetic that they are funny as hell. I'll continue improving and give your approach a try. Thanks, Greg

Dreamify

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 25, 2019
Interesting read, and congratz to your sucess so far! Your advice on using video was especially helpful, nothing that I've really thought about before actually.

There are also certain automation tools that can be utilized in a strategic way to generate more leads, like someone already mentioned. I think this is where the future (and present) of Linkedin sales can be found.
Would love to connect with you and share and bounce some advise on LinkedIn marketing. Feel free to connect with me and we can go deeper into the discussion.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Great post!

If you're driving paid traffic - ALWAYS install a pixel and grab the audience. Don't waste it.

I'll be testing this out soon with my team running the outreach.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Quick question-- how long after someone accepts your connection do you send them a video? I kind of wanted to look somewhat nice but it's quarantine so I actually need to put in some effort for these videos and can't just film them with 10 minutes of prep. I thought I would film them all in the same day like 1 or 2x a week. Is 4-5 days after they accept to late or just enough?

Edited to add the following-- I'm approaching international clients with this method. Should be sending my requests and videos during the day for them even if that's when I'm going to bed. I don't want to send something that says 'contact me with questions or something similar' and then they message me and I'm sleeping. I'm probably overthinking this but didn't know if you do this only with domestic clients in the UK or overseas as well. Of course the UK timezone is more central between the US and Asia so maybe you don't have this problem. Thanks!

Last edited:

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Quick question-- how long after someone accepts your connection do you send them a video? I kind of wanted to look somewhat nice but it's quarantine so I actually need to put in some effort for these videos and can't just film them with 10 minutes of prep. I thought I would film them all in the same day like 1 or 2x a week. Is 4-5 days after they accept to late or just enough?

Edited to add the following-- I'm approaching international clients with this method. Should be sending my requests and videos during the day for them even if that's when I'm going to bed. I don't want to send something that says 'contact me with questions or something similar' and then they message me and I'm sleeping. I'm probably overthinking this but didn't know if you do this only with domestic clients in the UK or overseas as well. Of course the UK timezone is more central between the US and Asia so maybe you don't have this problem. Thanks!

Hello!

So - first off, I wouldn't worry about the timezone thing. Just, it's a non issue.

As for when to send the videos. I would highly recommend striking whilst the iron is hot. Don't worry too much about the QUALITY of the video, it's very much about making that personal connection and the content of what you say.

Another underutilized functionality of LinkedIn is voice notes. Obviously you won't be able to host a video elsewhere and "pixel" people using these, however you WILL get their attention as no one really uses them and then you don't have to worry about your background!

Just some thoughts!

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Do you have any tips, sites, references for learning how to create the kind of videos you're using.

Loom is pretty straight forward, personalize it though, keyword research or marketing insight, using their name. Its much more time consuming but whats the value of a new client? , because everyone on linkedin is constantly being spammed by marketers already so another hohum video or connection request tripe script isn't going to get much traction.

don't let pending requests hit 3k, so if you send out 100 a day then you should be remvoing 100 a day that are stale (2 or 3 weeks old)

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
This method is really starting to show promising results. I'm using my intro message to wish them safe during COVID19 and my video call to action is about the court system in the US and navigating all the closures. The only downside is filming the videos can be a bit exhausting. I did 10 the other day and even though it took me 2 hours, I was ready for bed when I finished. Something about being 'on' for the camera completely depletes my energy levels. I suppose that is my introverted energy being drained :)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
so A/B testing a number of things in terms of linkedin / linkedin + email campaign outreach right now. Should have an update sometimes next week.

One thing, i've stopped putting any sort of message with a connection request. I sent 800 connection requests with a little bit of copy (3 different versions actually), of those who responded (30% or so) only 2 people mentioned what I had said, might as well wait for the connection to begin the conversation.

It also makes it so that automated connection software doesn't eat up all of your inmail credits, save those for outreach to CXO's

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
update :

So I spent about 3 days where my initial outreach after a blank connection request was a video. So I didn't write a message with a request but the prospective lead did accept the connection.

I made up a small pdf presentation and recorded a loom video that I sent as the initial communication. It didn't do anything. 0 out of 93 videos sent became exploratory calls, about 3 responded to say they weren't interested.

the benefit here is I can see when they click the video to watch it, vs just sending a text CTA message where for all I know they clicked "ok" to the pending request out of habit and then just ignore their inbox completely.

Its...not expedient to make these videos so I was hoping for a much better response rate, especially considering I toss in a bit of personalization , besides just a vague reference to the clients product or service I added a little research (either from gartner or something from google) , so each video was like...a 10 minute ordeal (multiply that by 93 folks, grindy as hell)

My current message to new call rate for just sending a message after they connect or entering them into an email sequence? (this is for the initial message in either case) 0.008% , that might seem crappy but its one in one hundred eighteen and all i'm customizing is the clients first name and a vague entry that is the product or service idea. I can completely automate that for the email sequence and do 120 manually in 8 hours at home.

Now my emails actually got marked as spam but i'm not sure if it was a lack of quality / personalization or if i'd just been sloppy about who I was hitting up via email and linkedin and the prospect was simply hitting "spam" instead of the "unsubscribe"

So what I did starting last friday is I reworked my outreach messages for linkedin (I think menitoning "uncertain times / covid" is played out now so I dropped that, I'm still seeing 2.5x higher connection request acceptance than I was before the pandemic) , I also shortened the messages up.

For the emails i'm going to get a little more granular, for instance nanotech production vs r&d, that would be two separate email campaigns with separate scripts. I can still hit them with a generalized bit of industry knowledge (some statistic) .

Right now i'm sending 100 connection requests a night, about 40% connect, so 2 new calls booked a week just based on that from initial pass. I end up with twice that based on followup on linkedin or the campaigns, almost always the second or third followup (although the drip goes out to 5)

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Hey all.

Just wanted to bump this thread to see how everyone is doing with this?

I want to hear your success stories and also answer any questions you guys may have?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
you get what you pay for, IMO - try to get a front to back automated outreach system in place, dithering around with 5 pieces of software to save a little money every month is nonsense.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey all.

Just wanted to bump this thread to see how everyone is doing with this?

I want to hear your success stories and also answer any questions you guys may have?
Hi @EarlOfChina , i'm getting started with this method now, will share my results with you as soon as I have some good numbers I tested it with. I have been using LOOM up until now and really surprised that I cant add a facebook pixel to it, but that it works with DUBB... I guess it'l be time for me to make the switch soon.

Please let me know if you are still active on the forum. Best Regards

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Hi @EarlOfChina , i'm getting started with this method now, will share my results with you as soon as I have some good numbers I tested it with. I have been using LOOM up until now and really surprised that I cant add a facebook pixel to it, but that it works with DUBB... I guess it'l be time for me to make the switch soon.

I am still active and SUPER excited to see how you get on.

Please post your findings here. Would love to help if I can.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hi Earl, i'm getting started with this method now, will share my results with you as soon as I have some good numbers I tested it with. I have been using LOOM up until now and really surprised that I cant add a facebook pixel to it, but that it works with DUBB... I guess it'l be time for me to make the switch soon.

I am still active and SUPER excited to see how you get on.

Please post your findings here. Would love to help if I can.
Awesome! Will share updates and results in 1-2 weeks, I prefer to have a good set of data to discuss.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.