The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating Your Digital Library At A Fraction Of The Price

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
It's become a bit of an obsession of mine...

I fully understand that there is a possibility that I will never read all the books I have bought.

But guess what?

They aren't taking up any room in my house and I am buying them at EXTREMELY discounted prices.

The answer?

Amazon Kindle.

I'll keep it simple here folks as this is something I have shared with a few of the members from the forum.

It will require a bit of effort on your part, but the payoff is excellent.

Here are the steps that you will need to take:

1. Create a wishlist in your Amazon account
- For ease of searching, I would create multiple wishlists for your book categories (Copywriting, Personal Development, Communication, Finances, etc.).

2. Sign up for the daily deals on Amazon Kindle
- This list will be delivered to your email daily

3.Sign up for the daily deals on Audible
- This daily book will be delivered to your email daily
- For example, "Never Split The Difference" by Chris Voss was on special for $2.99 USD about two weeks ago

4. Check the Monthly Deal category at least once a month.
-
There is a business section of books that has new updates of about 70+ books every month for under $3.99

5. Review your wishlist on a weekly basis
- I tend to quickly go through it every 3-4 days

It is a simple system that requires a bit of active participation on your part.

You can spend as little as one minute a day scanning the daily deals and then another 10 minutes a week scanning your wishlist as well.

The payoff and savings are real if that is your thing.

It feels like you are getting a Christmas present when you manage to get a title that has been sitting on your wishlist at a heavily discounted price.

I've attached three books as image files that I was able to buy for less than $3 CDN.

Headstrong - Dave Asprey - $1.99 CDN
Sleep Smarter - Shawn Stevenson - $2.09 CDN
Blue Ocean Shift - W.C Kim - $2.99 CDN

I'll definitely add more to this post and hopefully, you get as much value from this system as I have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Blue Ocean.PNG
    Blue Ocean.PNG
    37.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Headstrong.PNG
    Headstrong.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Sleep Strong.PNG
    Sleep Strong.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Not a book hoarder personally,

I just use my local library and inter-library loan to get any book for free.

If I ever need to read another one again, I just get it again.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Good call on those daily deal emails. I never thought to sign up for that.

When I was on audible.com (before they got around to making a .ca version) I used to buy books. Then I found out that when you are low on credits a thing pops up and says you can buy 3 more credits for something like $16 USD. I ended up getting a stack of $30+ audiobooks on these credits. There is no reason to ever pay the full price for audible books when you do this with the credits.

I am not sure if they still offer that, but it's worth figuring out if you listen to a lot of books and the 2 credits a month are not enough.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Not a book hoarder personally,

I just use my local library and inter-library loan to get any book for free.

If I ever need to read another one again, I just get it again.

All good @amp0193

You've got your style and I am sure it serves you well when it comes to learning new information.

My archaic mental model has me highlighting a lot of books, which I could not do with a paperback book from the library.

So the Kindle helps out a lot with that in that I can highlight all the notes I want and then condense them into a PDF document.

Good call on those daily deal emails. I never thought to sign up for that.

When I was on audible.com (before they got around to making a .ca version) I used to buy books. Then I found out that when you are low on credits a thing pops up and says you can buy 3 more credits for something like $16 USD. I ended up getting a stack of $30+ audiobooks on these credits. There is no reason to ever pay the full price for audible books when you do this with the credits.

I am not sure if they still offer that, but it's worth figuring out if you listen to a lot of books and the 2 credits a month are not enough.

The .ca version never worked for me... The customer service team couldn't sync it up properly for me.

That is crazy! Only $5 bucks per audiobook. I've never seen that price before, the best I've seen is about $7.99 for a credit.

I do really like audiobooks, but find that I don't retain a lot of the information sadly...

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
All good @amp0193

You've got your style and I am sure it serves you well when it comes to learning new information.

My post above came out kind of negative or judgemental. Sorry didn't mean it that way at all.

Your system is awesome.

Was just throwing out another idea for people who want cheap books. A lot of people don't know about inter-library loan.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I do really like audiobooks, but find that I don't retain a lot of the information sadly...

Im the same way.

However, I found that I need to take physical notes when I do audiobooks so I can retain.

Tad bit more work, but helps with audiobooks.

flower_girl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2019
Thanks for that OP.

Quite by chance I saw Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill was free on Kindle the other day. I have two hard copies I've acquired over the last several years but it's quite handy to have it on Kindle too so I downloaded it.

I also got the Millionaire Fastlane for $1.04 at the end of June - what a bargain!

I've got a few real bargains there in the last few weeks.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
This simple system has definitely been fun to implement over the last two years. I've bought well over 200+ Kindle Books in the last two years for a couple hundred bucks at most.

I've found that Amazon updates their weekly sales after midnight on Sunday. So if you've got your wishlist all set up, Sunday evening is a great time to go through and see if you can get any of the books you've been waiting for at discounted prices.

Don't forget, Audible also has daily discounts for their audiobooks as well. I've probably picked up between 5-10 in 2019 alone.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018