• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Creating Your Digital Library At A Fraction Of The Price

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Dunkafelics, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,772
    It's become a bit of an obsession of mine...

I fully understand that there is a possibility that I will never read all the books I have bought.

But guess what?

They aren't taking up any room in my house and I am buying them at EXTREMELY discounted prices.

The answer?

Amazon Kindle.

I'll keep it simple here folks as this is something I have shared with a few of the members from the forum.

It will require a bit of effort on your part, but the payoff is excellent.

Here are the steps that you will need to take:

1. Create a wishlist in your Amazon account
    - For ease of searching, I would create multiple wishlists for your book categories (Copywriting, Personal Development, Communication, Finances, etc.).

2. Sign up for the daily deals on Amazon Kindle
    - This list will be delivered to your email daily

3.Sign up for the daily deals on Audible
    - This daily book will be delivered to your email daily
    - For example, "Never Split The Difference" by Chris Voss was on special for $2.99 USD about two weeks ago

4. Check the Monthly Deal category at least once a month.
    -
    There is a business section of books that has new updates of about 70+ books every month for under $3.99

5. Review your wishlist on a weekly basis
    - I tend to quickly go through it every 3-4 days

It is a simple system that requires a bit of active participation on your part.

You can spend as little as one minute a day scanning the daily deals and then another 10 minutes a week scanning your wishlist as well.

The payoff and savings are real if that is your thing.

It feels like you are getting a Christmas present when you manage to get a title that has been sitting on your wishlist at a heavily discounted price.

I've attached three books as image files that I was able to buy for less than $3 CDN.

Headstrong - Dave Asprey - $1.99 CDN
    Sleep Smarter - Shawn Stevenson - $2.09 CDN
    Blue Ocean Shift - W.C Kim - $2.99 CDN

I'll definitely add more to this post and hopefully, you get as much value from this system as I have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    YoungPadawan, MTEE1985, Kak and 3 others like this.
  2. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,560
    Not a book hoarder personally,

I just use my local library and inter-library loan to get any book for free.

If I ever need to read another one again, I just get it again.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    YoungPadawan, Dunkafelics and Kak like this.
  3. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,922
    Good call on those daily deal emails. I never thought to sign up for that.

When I was on audible.com (before they got around to making a .ca version) I used to buy books. Then I found out that when you are low on credits a thing pops up and says you can buy 3 more credits for something like $16 USD. I ended up getting a stack of $30+ audiobooks on these credits. There is no reason to ever pay the full price for audible books when you do this with the credits.

I am not sure if they still offer that, but it's worth figuring out if you listen to a lot of books and the 2 credits a month are not enough.

Kak likes this.
  4. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,772
    All good @amp0193

You've got your style and I am sure it serves you well when it comes to learning new information.

My archaic mental model has me highlighting a lot of books, which I could not do with a paperback book from the library.

So the Kindle helps out a lot with that in that I can highlight all the notes I want and then condense them into a PDF document.

The .ca version never worked for me... The customer service team couldn't sync it up properly for me.

That is crazy! Only $5 bucks per audiobook. I've never seen that price before, the best I've seen is about $7.99 for a credit.

I do really like audiobooks, but find that I don't retain a lot of the information sadly...

5. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,560
    My post above came out kind of negative or judgemental. Sorry didn't mean it that way at all.

Your system is awesome.

Was just throwing out another idea for people who want cheap books. A lot of people don't know about inter-library loan.