The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

College for Entrepreneurship

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I'm a junior in High School and I have to start thinking about colleges. I live in New York State but I'm looking for schools not just in NY. I was thinking about going to St. Rose College in Albany or Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island because there extremely easy to get into. Unfortunately, St. Rose only offers a Business Major without entrepreneurial studies.

This other college called Babson University in Massachusetts offers a large range of marketing and entrepreneur classes but I'm not sure if I can get in there. My GPA is an 80%. I know most other states do a 4.0 scale and I think an 80% comes out to something around a 3.0. My PSAT scores sucked because I went to a party the night before the test. I just scheduled my SATs and my ACTs and I won't make the same mistake :smxB:

Do you guys recommend any entrepreneurial colleges? I understand that colleges want their future students to get good grades in H.S., but I would think a more entrepeneurial college like Babson might check into more of what businesses I've started or take a look at some of my past business plans. Wouldn't that matter more for a business major than your SAT scores or your grade on the Chem final?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I, personally, have a BA in international business from Whitworth. Good school, good program, and a good credential on my resume. If I were to stay in the Rat Race, it would probably be worth the $100K+ that I spent on it.

An entrepreneur has the good fortune of being able to benefit more from real knowledge than from credentials and suffixes. I would recommend pursuing something like the PMBA. I am about to "enroll," myself; and I cannot wait for it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
djs13, sorry, I don't have that much information about that topic.
PEERless, a co-worker is following the Personal MBA program and is very happy with that. He's even sharing some of his books with me.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
...a co-worker is following the Personal MBA program and is very happy with that. He's even sharing some of his books with me.

I'm really happy to hear that. All it costs is $1200 (or a library card) and the time of the student. I could have invested $100,000 better, I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
You won't get the same personal relationships and connections that the real college gives you. Networking is, probably, the number 1 factor of success. You can't do everything on your own, can you? Then start using your connections from the MBA better, I'd suggest.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.