The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Looking back, I approached four people and two wanted to sit down. That's not bad! I didn't even give that much value, I just researched them, mentioned it and they were interested one even wanted me as a possible partner on a business venture. Now, sorry for rambling, what I would like to know is HOW DO I GET OVER THIS FEAR? I don't trust that I can get my client results for sure(at least results that bring in over $1000 monthly) even though I know I can add value to their business.

Second, I struggle with picking a niche; I want to do everything. I'm worried that if I go for a single niche and brand my company after said niche(a name that says, hey I do marketing for doctors) I'll run out of potential clients or won't be able to expand. How do I overcome this?

Action cures fear. Period

Start small. Grow from there.

Third and last, I was gonna focus solely on martial arts studios and fitness related places so I bought a domain centered around that. My concern here is these places don't make a ton of money so maybe I should expand to chiropractors and physical therapists but now I suppose I'm not really niched down. Should I just say screw the industry I'm passionate about and focus on clients that A.) Focus on places that can afford to pay $1000+ and B.) Make more off individual clients? That way if I bring in only one customer worst case, they still get a great ROI?

Focus on the people/businesses that have a lot of money. In my experience, martial arts and fitness places do not.

I personally like industrial niches (concrete, adhesives, etc) and home services (roofers, painters, contractors, etc)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for this awesome post.

So let’s say you know nothing about AdWords or SEO or meta stuff or white hat or long tail anything. Zero. Nothing. So you go to the library and promptly check out every single book they have about it and read them all and still feel like you don’t really know how to even get your own thriving (because of networking not marketing) small business website anywhere close to the top of Google and really all you want to do is research the hell out of this thing ASAP but there are MILLIONS of sites and YouTube videos to “teach” you and you have no clue where to start.

Where do I go to efficiently learn this stuff? Should I just research like crazy, act, implement, study, act, implement for the next year and try to figure it out myself? I feel like there’s got to be a better way.
Find someone you know who could do with some Google Ads help. Offer to help them. Solve each problem as it comes to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
"Hey, I was on your site after I looked up "chiropractor In Dallas" and I noticed that you weren't on the first page nor were you on the first-page google maps listings. This can be bad for your revenue, and simply put, it leaves a lot of money and customers on the table. There are, however, a few quick and easy ways to fix this, and I'd like to help! Instead of writing to you about the solution, I made you a short video.

In the video, I go over your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and your competitors SEO. Here are some of the competitors I talk about in the video:

Restoration Dallas Chiropractic | MaxLiving
Manning Wellness Holiday Drive to Benefit the Birthday Party Project
drericaperez.com/
www.modernbackandneckclinic.com/

It seems that this market is easy to tackle, as your competitors for "chiropractor in Dallas" are not yet doing SEO in the Dallas area. If you would like to see the video, reply to this email, I'll send it over.

Cheers,

(my contact information goes here)
"

The video I'm talking about sending would be a video where I go over their ranking on the search results page, show them how much traffic certain keywords are getting, and then I show them how much customers they could be bringing in if they ranked for said keyword. basically, I'm trying to show them the benefit of SEO, and I'm also giving them some tips.

The reason I'm not sending the video in the first email is to make sure that I only send videos and spend the time making them to the people that are actually interested. This saves me time (my most valuable asset) as opposed to making and sending videos to every email I find.

The email reads like a mass email.

They also know you didn't make the video or you would have sent it over. Doubt they're going to pay you money when they know you're lying to them. Also, people aren't going to want to agree to see a video because they think it's boring and a waste of time.

I'd probably just make a quick video (3 minutes or less) with one or two points and send it over in the first email. You gotta do stuff that doesn't scale in the beginning. I mean, it's still less time than going to talk to them in person, which is probably the best option.

"Here's a 2 minute video of a few improvements we can make for you right away." Most people won't request a video (boring), but they'll watch it if it's there and two minutes.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Took me 2 hours but I've been reading all the pages.
Tons of useful information, really amazing.

Something inside me is always holding me back to just GO and DO it. I'm kind of introverted and always want to know the outcome before I even start (it's annoying). I should let go off that and just GO.

Any tips on that? I only feeling 'confident' when I know my stuff 100% and I hate being in conversation with someone and you can only reply with 'uhm yeah.. something like that, not sure either'.

The main theme throughout this entire forum is to simply START. Honestly, if you can take that first step and take real action, you are already doing more than 97% of the others out there.

Crush fear with action. Learn as you go. Good luck!

Zenoviy Kovtun

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jan 29, 2017
I've never dealt with negative cash flow. I always get paid upfront. A new client picks a package, pays, and then we start the work. I was profitable from my first sale and never looked back.

The key to growth is on-going monthly services. This could be social media management, SEO, FB ads, etc. The only products that are one-off are websites (which we mostly avoid now) but even then, most clients usually opt to go to the monthly services - if nothing else, at least a security/maintenance package.

Monthly recurring is key to growth.

Hope that helps!
It sure does. Thanks Sean!

Out of curiosity have you read the book Built to Sell by John Warrillow?

Premise is setting up a business to sell down the road, specifically a digital marketing agency. Highly recommend, although you already perform many of the concepts they talk about.

Others interested in the subject should definitely check it out!

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey Sean, I did have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering.

1. How do you take payment? Do you send an invoice each month or is there an automated system in place?
  2. Do you have a minimum contact term with clients or can they stop using your services at any time?
  3. I'm guessing that your clients need to give you access to a lot of resources, WordPress sites, FB accounts etc. How do you manage all of this information and keep it secure?
Thanks in advance.

1. Paypal - automated recurring monthly payments
2. Month to month
3. We keep most client info in a shared Dropbox file. Only they have access along with whatever team member I assign to them.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
I would really appreciate Sean if you can share which is best way to get US/Canada clients if you are based in a different country and if you think is possible to close clients 100% online.

Yes, hiring sales people can be pricey.

It is possible to close clients 100% online. You can get started in places like Upwork where people don't care (as much) where you're from as long as the work is good. OR, you can contact possible clients in the US online but you just have to lead with a lot of value (like I mentioned above).

You can do it!

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Is it better to sell first before starting your own website and business entity or the other way around?

Always be selling. Sell from the get-go. The business entity (keep in mind, this is just my opinion - not legal counsel) can wait until you're sure you have a real business - basically, that you can actually sell and get clients.

The website? That can be done in a couple of hours. It shouldn't keep you from selling. You can even get it done on Fiverr or Upwork in a day for under $100.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
I've also updated my packages, I think it's better now. What are some MUST HAVE services to add? Or is this fine?

Your prices and services are going to change. You just have to get selling and adjust as necessary.

Also, the prices will change based on the industry and work involved.

The entire key to the pricing is to have 3 packages and set it up as I've talked about before:

Basic: $500
Standard: $600
Awesome: $1000

Obviously, the names and prices are just an example. Focus on the pattern there. It's vital. I've sent out proposals that look like this:

Basic: $599
Standard: $699
Awesome: $1299

And then I've sent out other proposals that look like this:

Basic: $8,999
Standard: $11,000
Awesome: $18,000

Look at the pattern. It's key. Regardless of the actual prices and the actual services, you just have to get out there, speak with real business owners, and change as needed.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
I went and spoke to a few tradesmen...

Just the fact alone that you did this puts you head and shoulders above everyone else. When you actually speak with other humans, it won't take long before you get a few that will pay you. And then more will start to come in. Getting that first sale is key - it triggers something mentally and makes the rest that much easier.

Keep hustling! It will happen.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
How do you know does the website do something for the business?
I want to ask this because this business model seems interesting, but I do not recognize which websites convert visitors into buyers and which does not.
Maybe I should just focus on the ads, but how do I know which business uses ads and which doesn't?
I generally look at the keyword rankings, SEO, & the overall layout of the site.

#1 first up, Keywords... Are people finding the website? Using a keyword report service, I can see what specific words the website is currently ranking for and what the estimated traffic looks like. For example, Joe Schmoes Auto shop is on the 8th page for the important keywords "mechanic", "car repair", "oil change" etc.

I'm able to surmise that the only people that are finding "Joe's website" are definitely not coming from organic search. Rather they are people that are already looking specifically for JOE. Which means no new customers.

#2 SEO report.

Once I have established that they are not getting organic traffic, use a report that will tell me WHY they aren't getting traffic.

#3 The layout of the site.

This is where I identify just general web page improvements. When people land on the site, is it obvious that there is a call to action? Does the site load fast? Does it have quality images, stock photos or no pictures at? Does there about page tell a good story? is the contact information easily available?

No matter how much traffic someone is getting, you need to make sure that people who land on the page are getting the information that they want and converting before they have time to go back and click on the next google search result.

I am just getting started with this whole business but this is my current process.

With regard to Ads... Facebook Ads are easy because Facebook pages now show which companies are running ads. Most SEO software can give you reports are domains using google adwords as well.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Got a website up. Been watching a few SEO videos. Basically went through some keyword research exercises, technical SEO, and moving onto on-page SEO. I am having a few frustrations though.

Just start selling. The answers to all of these questions will take care of themselves as you speak with real business owners. Make a sale and you'll get it all sorted fast.

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 12, 2018
Took me 2 hours but I've been reading all the pages.
Tons of useful information, really amazing.

Something inside me is always holding me back to just GO and DO it. I'm kind of introverted and always want to know the outcome before I even start (it's annoying). I should let go off that and just GO.

Any tips on that? I only feeling 'confident' when I know my stuff 100% and I hate being in conversation with someone and you can only reply with 'uhm yeah.. something like that, not sure either'.

Just do it. It took me many years to start a business for similar reasons. First I checked franchise businesses, 3 totally different systems. It took me around 3 years. The last one I almost buy, because of fear to fail I didn't buy it. Then I wanted to buy an existing business, but we quarreled with the owners about the purchase price after almost one year of negotiation and checking. Finally I decided just to start my own business after many years of searching for the right business/ right time/ right circumstances/ right knowledge….. But you know what all the businesses that I have checked are still working today and would have worked for me. Also the business owners I met during this journey, they were not more intelligent than me or somehow special. I started to believe if they can do it, I and you can do it definitely too. All the best for your journey.

MonkyLee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Oct 17, 2019
Michigan
Meant to write this sooner, but have been sweating on the details too much...

Got my first recurring client! Every day as I follow the checklist, I feel like I'm jumping off a cliff mentally, but nonetheless I'm doing my best to overcome these roadblocks as quickly as I keep creating them in my head. I've come to believe that anyone interested in getting started is really going to have to go through the same experience as well.

Your excused inaction and lack of confidence are your worst enemies.

I'm definitely not miles ahead of the competition by any means and still have a long way to go before I would have preferred to post about it here, but I've at least started my journey and hope that I can help others have the confidence to take the first step as well and to keep on going!

I'm an editor for a well-known YouTube channel in a growing niche, so I have grown to learn how important the marketing aspect of the channel is much more important than the actual video content alone. I simply began talking to people about how some people just don't really seem to be self-aware enough to market themselves online and simply expect online visitors to come in through pure luck alone, and I've had people I know approach me due to overhearing my conversations and becoming convinced that I am the right person for the job in helping them establish their online presence.

This was the only push I really needed to begin this business. If you simply do some research and get even remotely interested in marketing related endeavors, you will sound alot more knowledgeable than most people that deliberately try to be, and you might convince someone to let you handle their marketing bc they simply can't do it themselves. I've had two separate situations now where this has happened, and the people both times have said that "I know alot of people who could use similar help and I'd hook you up with alot of referrals if you did a great job". Your only obligation at this point is to then follow up with the words "I'll do it" and then deliver results. I made this sound easy, but you'd be surprised at how difficult it is to even say those words alone. I hesitated for 15 seconds before I could do it for a one-time client. I hesitated for 8 months before I could say it to my recurring client.

Act before you have time to overthink things.

Sure I could fail soon and this could have all been a waste of my time, but the fact remains that I actually did something and made more progress than anyone else thinking the same crap in their head.

Your interviews I found on YouTube played a big part in helping me to believe that I too could do this, so I'll link them here for anyone else who couldn't find them initially. I found these to be really helpful and def feel like they should be put on the spotlight for anyone trying to follow your advice:

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Would you pay the sales agent a fix salary or on a commission basis only?

Okay, here language barriers come in. You can get UK based sales agents on commission only. (I personally wouldn't) I belive they are rarer than their US counterparts, and they will be looking to make about £6000 off one commission sale or £500 for monthly recurring revenue.

I think the best bet for a UK force would be a recoverable draw on a piecemeal basis (I'm not sure how to translate that but it is well understood and regulated) a lot of call centres use this. Though it really depends on your product

Basically you pay say £2 per call, and give them enough time and phone numbers that they can make an ok basic wage just on calls alone. Then you keep the commission cheques until they have paid off all the draw. You want to keep the draw on line with the working time really. You could go for weekly/monthly/4 weekly/12 weeks or even annual commissions. I think it would depend on the seasonality of the product and the sector. You could even offer as both employee and contractor. I suspect you would get a better response from the latter. You may even find someone willing to be an employee in €. Also dont be afraid of umbrella companies. It can be a totally legitimate tax effective and legally compliant way of getting someone to work for you with less hassle than a direct employment.

Note that you can also get agency workers who will be employed by the agency (your contract is with the agency)

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Do those students charge US prices or El Salvador prices? What about when they are starting out?

Yes, if you're dealing with US clients, charge US prices. If you live in a place like El Salvador, then it's a huge win because cost of living is lower there.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
With Divi (Elegant themes) you pay $89 per year and you can use them for any customer, it doesn't matter if it is a personal project or a commercial product.

ca7801780189d06f6bd602071048621e.jpg

Started with Divi but switched to Elementor without looking back.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
I've received a LOT of messages asking for a discount on the course. I'm glad that people are interested. I created this course specifically to make it a tool to get you started.

If you're interested in the full course, just shoot me a message for no-brainer pricing on it.

noBrainer.png

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Any specific tips on learning the stuff yourself?

Yes, this is your business so you should learn *enough* to going. The best thing to do is narrow down your service offerings and then assign yourself homework to learn what each one is.

For example, you have Social Media Advertising as part of your services. You can go to YouTube or just Google and put: What is Social Media Advertising? Spend a few hours learning the basics of each of your services - focusing especially on the benefits. This is all you'll need to do your job which is to sell.

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Great Post and great info here. I still see a lot of people here asking more questions he gave you everything to get started so just go do it. Don't be thinking too far ahead, learn as you go or else you'll be struck with no action taking.

A digital marketing agency takes time to get a client. You need to have a good offer to be ahead of the crowd. You need to do deep research. Ring businesses you want to help and ask them what problems they are having. You'll be surprised that people will actually talk to you.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
sorry if the post becomes so long and bloated, that things previously discussed pop up again.

Been going through the entire thread. At one point it was suggested to go on and create youtube videos and mail to prospective clients. Yes, that does sound interesting.

I was going to look for clients Upwork but decided that maybe going into a directory that I use and then narrowing the search by topic. At that point then use that directory that lists individual website and owners and then contact them about flaws in their website and how you can make it better.

Now while I can diagnose the problems with a website, can you still justify charging like 1K for the websites?

Not sure of the services to offer. I found several agencies with multiple services like Branding, SEO, social media, reputation Management, websites, content curation, Chatbots and more. Talk about overkill.

1) How do you find the right way or rather the right thing to focus on?
2) I want to be able to help companies do better for their employees but improving and building on their web presence.
3)
What is to prevent someone from talking to you about the things wrong with their website and then using that knowledge to change their website and never hire you.
4) After finding the niche and possibly the prospective clients, I was thinking about using arbitrage for these services, (still not sure what yet though).
5) Plus how does one reconcile the FastLane with the fact that since you are doing all the work and may never be able to truly create systems

Would love to know what you think about these ideas. Thank you

Thanks!

1. You just jump in and focus on something. There isn't any right thing or wrong thing. Just try to do something that has monthly recurring revenue (MRR). One off gigs are a lot of time for a low lifetime value, but you can use a website as a foot in the door for SEO or something with MRR.
2. Ok.
3. They should be so busy doing business that they don't have the time to make their own website. It's the same thing as lawncare. Anyone can go on YouTube and watch videos on properly maintaining a lawn, but who wants to sit in the sun for four hours every Saturday and do it?

If your client just uses your idea without paying you, then they would have been a crappy client anyway. 100% guaranteed. View it as a way to filter out the bad clients.

4. Yes. You can do that.
5. You can create systems. I know a guy that owns an advertising agency that does 9 figures in yearly revenue. He started in his garage 10 years ago with two friends. You can certainly build systems to make this fastlane.

Other points:

* Upwork sucks. I personally wouldn't even bother on the platform if you're trying to make a legit digital agency. You just have to wade through so much crap. Lots of time without a lot of payoff. Plus, you're on their platform.

* Charging $1k for a website is not a lot. Especially if you think the website will provide over $1k of value over the life of the site. If you can't provide $1k of value to the business, then you should find a client that is a better fit.

Last edited:

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
What type of knowledge and skills one needs in order to successfully set up the agency?

A desire to set up a system and build a team. Oh, and being willing to sell to business owners. A lot.

No, you don't have to know every single detail about website design or SEO or whatever. Sales, systems, team.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
705%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hi @Sean Marshall. I'm having a bit of difficulty with this business owner question: "How many leads will you send me?" Obviously difficult to guarantee anything. What would you suggest? Thanks a lot!

Smart business owners understand that marketing supports sales. If they want quotas to be met, hire sales people. What we do is to support an overall strategy with a focus online. Yes, we'll bring them leads but unless you have a super specific process, you can't guarantee that number. I wouldn't. You'll set yourself up for failure.

Instead, focus on the work you'll be doing. Redirect them to thinking about having a website and online presence that represents their business as well as bringing them leads.

If you do get someone that wants specific lead count, they don't understand marketing and they will make for a bad client. It's a red flag.

RyanK OnMyWay

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 27, 2016
PA
I'm hoping this sales system I intend on using will help someone out.

Any feedback and criticism is greatly appreciated.

cvo-infographic.jpg

Lead Magnet
I will be contacting decision makers directly via email, phone, or in person.
(If going to industry associations you could offer a free video analysis in exchange for contact info)

Tripwire (Low ticket sale that converts prospects into buyers)
I will offer a new website (1 - 4 pages) or even a landing page for anywhere from $100-$500.
I know I will be taking a loss charging so little, but this acquires me a paying customer.

I can do the work myself in the beginning with design and front-end experience.

Core Offer
My core offer will be PPC advertising on whichever traffic source supports the business the most.

Profit Maximizer
SEO, Website Support & Security, Reputation Management, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Business Development and Reporting

For anyone that wants to read more on the sales system:
Customer Value Optimization: How to Build an Unstoppable Business

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Guys,

I am not an experienced business owner but I am focusing on copywriting. The thing is, don't get too caught up in having to know everything to get started. Cut down tasks to the most impactful ones. You don't need to waste tons of time having all your ducks in a row. The basic thing is having service and getting a client. Since I am focusing on copywriting I wasted time trying to set all this crap up and it stalled me. I decided to focus on one narrow niche and position myself as an authority or expert. People would rather deal with a specialist than a generalist.
The hardest part for me is client acquisition. The first part is knowing where to look and the next part is getting them to trust in you. Get some work under your belt, even if it is free so that you can have some proof and leverage. Also, it would be wise to do work in the same niche so that it helps with the leverage.

My steps for acquiring more clients is to search google and find some bland website several pages back in the search results. The other is LinkedIn. Here is the thing: do not act desperate. You got to forget money. People can you sense your desperation, timidness, etc. You have to act like an expert and an authority. In my experience, when I act like this people don't doubt me and ask for any kind of proof.

But in order to establish this and to likely get a sale, you have to give away stuff for free first. Find someone's site and message them and tell them things you noticed that they could improve. Give some suggestions, talk to them about some strategy. Really act like you give a shit and that you don't want anything in return. When you approach it this way you take advantage of reciprocity. The idea that if you give someone something they are likely to give you something. once you build their interest and have given something you can slip in there that you do this type of work and if they wanted some help you can do it for them. At this point you can offer for free or a discount. But if you are semi-established then start charging. Building a website, setting up social media accounts and having business bank accounts is not a business. When you have clients that is when it is a business. So think about what is most impactful. Whether you like it or not, you need to get good at selling to people or you have no business.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Here's your help.

Oh, you sent me a mass email? Sorry, I must have missed that in the other 67 mass emails I get a day.

You want them to use you as a trusted adviser to market their business when you do such a wimpy job of marketing your own business to them? You better be a lot better than that. Do you expect them to say, "Sure - come on over and we'll be glad to write you a check?" You can't understand why they don't answer your email with a reply like that? Okay...

The people you will be talking to are very astute, and they have honed business skills that they've developed to not only survive, but to thrive. You better rise to that level with them, or they won't have the time of day for you.

Oh I love the business schemes people come up with. Build a website, send out 100 mass emails, and wait for the phone to ring. Um, just no. No.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
They also know you didn't make the video or you would have sent it over. Doubt they're going to pay you money when they know you're lying to them. Also, people aren't going to want to agree to see a video because they think it's boring and a waste of time.
Exactly.

I got an email a couple days ago. Sender said my website was good, but he had prepared a report and wanted me to book 15 minutes on his calendar to go over it.
There's no report. There may be by the time the call comes around, but there's no report when he emailed me. Don't lie to me. Don't waste my time. Don't clog up my inbox unless you actually have something to offer.

Now if you said "hey, here's the change you can make quick. If that works, let's book a call and we can discuss making other improvements to your site" then I'm more likely to actually read and respond. But it has to be tailored to me - the worst thing you can do is tell me to change something that isn't even on my website in the first place.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
My question is: since some student's comments in the course are 5 years old and Sean is stating that he has several thousand students, how many of them have already achieved the lifestyle status with their companies that were set up following Sean's advice? Basically - how many people are now able to work less than 10 hours per week and be somewhat financial independent, sustaining their lifestyle solely through cloning Sean's online marketing agency?

yoda-quote-path-to-the-darkside-1068x561.jpg

If someone takes Sean's course and fails, guess who failed? The person taking the course. Sean has given out his knowledge. All of the tools are there. Sean even put out a checklist. Just follow the checklist.

God gave Noah a plan to build an Ark. If Noah just sat there and stared at it all day, him and his family would have been swept away in the flood and all the animals too. Don't get swept away in the flood. Build the ark so you can see the rainbow.

Dr. Carol Dweck's Mindset talks about fixed vs growth mindset. Successful people have a growth mindset. People with growth mindsets find out why they got that F on the test and fix it to get an A.

Tony Robbins always talks about modeling successful people. If one person can do it so can another person.

In 1954, Roger Bannister broke the 4-minute mile. 30 people have broken the 4-minute mile since then.

giphy.gif

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.