I am currently in a phase of my business right now that MJ called the 'desert of desertion'. I'm putting in the work, I'm putting in the money, but there's little positive feedback yet as my business has not been fully launched.
Anyways I've recently found myself looping on 'what if's' like what if this money and time were all for nothing, what if it doesn't turn out to be a sustainable business, etc. Now I know that worrying is essentially like praying for what you don't want, but I don't know how to change.
I used to be relentlessly optimistic and all of my focus was on what I wanted, and when I looked to the future I got excited. There was no space in my mind for what I didn't want, no space for worry, my focus was exclusively directed towards things going well. Now I'm not sure how this got flipped but I'm now focusing a lot on what I don't want, and when I look to the future it's stressing me out - I know I will get the work done either way but it would be a lot more fun of a ride with a more optimistic mind.
My question to you guys is - how did you guys overcome this focus on worry and what-ifs? How can you train your mind to focus on the potential and the excitement rather than what could go wrong? I've heard of people using visualizations, hypnosis, writing goals down, etc but I'm wondering if any of you have first hand experience?
Anyways I've recently found myself looping on 'what if's' like what if this money and time were all for nothing, what if it doesn't turn out to be a sustainable business, etc. Now I know that worrying is essentially like praying for what you don't want, but I don't know how to change.
I used to be relentlessly optimistic and all of my focus was on what I wanted, and when I looked to the future I got excited. There was no space in my mind for what I didn't want, no space for worry, my focus was exclusively directed towards things going well. Now I'm not sure how this got flipped but I'm now focusing a lot on what I don't want, and when I look to the future it's stressing me out - I know I will get the work done either way but it would be a lot more fun of a ride with a more optimistic mind.
My question to you guys is - how did you guys overcome this focus on worry and what-ifs? How can you train your mind to focus on the potential and the excitement rather than what could go wrong? I've heard of people using visualizations, hypnosis, writing goals down, etc but I'm wondering if any of you have first hand experience?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
