The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marc_R

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2020
Hey guys,

after I read the two books from MJ at January of this year I realized that my business partner and myself were on the wrong path to build a business. I am currently 23 years old and since my 18 birthday I tried several businesses, some were a little bit successfull but at the end all of them failed, because the point of entrance was very low (like Amazon FBA or selling T-Shirts online). But last year we took a different approach and because my business partner is really good in coding we decided to develop an artifical intelligence for Instagram. The tool should predict how good your post (picture/video) will perform aka How many likes and shares do you get.

Well long story short, because you need a lot of data, which you don´t get so easily, we got into trouble with Instagram and we had to stop the whole project/business. It was a hard set back for us and we needed over 3 month to come up with a new Idea for a business. This time we knew a lot more thanks to the books of MJ and realized that we don´t open up another Restaurant, we deliver what the restaurants need (Book Readers know what I mean! ). So in February this year we started our new Software Tool "Resquire", because we now how hard it actually can be to develop an Artifical Intelligence from zero. This software eliminates the frustrating and time consuming part to develop an Artifical Intelligence.

We currently working on a MVP and already started with several Marketing Channels, like Twitter, IndieHackers and in a few days also a Blog or Change Log. We just getting started and we give our best to deliver a MVP as fast as we can. The task is not easy but we believe that Artifical Intelligence is the future and we want to be a part of it! We would appreciate if you have a look at our webseite www.resquire.com. We are aware of the fact that the website is not perfect and that it needs more improvement, which we will do over time. But we would love to hear your opinion, ideas and critic about this whole business! We are based in Germany, so please don´t take it to seriously if I made any kind of spelling mistakes.
Thank you for taking your time reading this Article. I will keep you updated how things are going. ;)

Cheers

Marc

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
Hey guys,

after I read the two books from MJ at January of this year I realized that my business partner and myself were on the wrong path to build a business. I am currently 23 years old and since my 18 birthday I tried several businesses, some were a little bit successfull but at the end all of them failed, because the point of entrance was very low (like Amazon FBA or selling T-Shirts online). But last year we took a different approach and because my business partner is really good in coding we decided to develop an artifical intelligence for Instagram. The tool should predict how good your post (picture/video) will perform aka How many likes and shares do you get.

Well long story short, because you need a lot of data, which you don´t get so easily, we got into trouble with Instagram and we had to stop the whole project/business. It was a hard set back for us and we needed over 3 month to come up with a new Idea for a business. This time we knew a lot more thanks to the books of MJ and realized that we don´t open up another Restaurant, we deliver what the restaurants need (Book Readers know what I mean! ). So in February this year we started our new Software Tool "Resquire", because we now how hard it actually can be to develop an Artifical Intelligence from zero. This software eliminates the frustrating and time consuming part to develop an Artifical Intelligence.

We currently working on a MVP and already started with several Marketing Channels, like Twitter, IndieHackers and in a few days also a Blog or Change Log. We just getting started and we give our best to deliver a MVP as fast as we can. The task is not easy but we believe that Artifical Intelligence is the future and we want to be a part of it! We would appreciate if you have a look at our webseite www.resquire.com. We are aware of the fact that the website is not perfect and that it needs more improvement, which we will do over time. But we would love to hear your opinion, ideas and critic about this whole business! We are based in Germany, so please don´t take it to seriously if I made any kind of spelling mistakes.
Thank you for taking your time reading this Article. I will keep you updated how things are going. ;)

Cheers

Marc
Interested to see the progress. I'm not at all familiar with AI but it will be cool to see the progress of a software company.

adaaaam

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
658%
Jan 12, 2020
Shame about the Instagram business! Sounds like a cool idea. That still might be bootstrap-able if you get an initial user based that gives you access to their profile data (I'm assuming you were scraping posts).

Regarding Resquire, my personal opinion is that your target audience and value proposition are not very clear from the site so far. For example, is this a tool meant to be used by an experienced machine learning engineer or a business guy who wants to predict something but has no idea how to do so? Is the main benefit that you have developed more computationally efficient algorithms? algorithms that automate data preprocessing? something else?

I'm looking at this from the point of view of a data scientist / machine learning developer, for what it's worth.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
I'm a developer but have no clue what you're offering after taking a look at your website.
But yeah you already mentioned that in your post... ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

trylks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
As a developer, I would like to know the differentiator with the current state of the art in its category. It seems to be in the CI/CD category, but I could be wrong.

openwater

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 30, 2020
USA
Very cool! I think there is lots of room for making model deployment more painless.

One piece of feedback on the website copy - I'd prefer to hear the benefits you offer as opposed to the features of your system.

You allow me to train and deploy models, integrate with your API, trigger with GitHub, etc.

What does this get me that I couldn't try to bang out myself? More time on the more fun parts of data science? An edge over other developers? Less worry of being chewed out by my boss for having a security flaw? What's your narrative?

As an example, check out the copy on datarobot.com: "Build business resilience, improve productivity, and drive faster time to ROI".

Deep down their tool is just automated model selection, but "faster time to ROI" is a great resulting benefit that I can feel good about.

The desk chair I'm sitting in has four legs, a cushion, and can go up and down. But what I care most about is that my butt is well-planted and comfortable :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.