The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Billionaire Ray Dalio: Meditation is ‘the single most important reason' for my success

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I feel that meditation is simpler than we all try to make it out to be. Not easier, just less complicated. It is simply connecting with our inner-selves. No science needed. No change in the brain. Just a connection...

I do agree that meditation helps tremendously. But, we are still going to accomplish without it. It reduces the churn and stresses. It also provides clarity.

I meditate 10-30 minutes a day. Usually 2 sessions. It is necessary to take myself into a lower consciousness first. I try again later if there is difficulty relaxing into the proper state.

Yes but knowing the science shows people the benefits and can help them stay on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I was going to ask what type of meditation but that’s what the whole article is about.

Have you done any research on different types and which is best Chris?

I have the calm app on my phone which I love, I had a look at all the other apps but I preferred calm. Still need to make it a more regular habit, this thread is a good reminder of how important it is.
Well if calm is the one you like, then calm is the best ;)

In my opinion if it keeps you coming back, that's one of the most important things.

I meditate when I sleep. Does this count?

Sleep is important, but unfortunately it doesn't count as meditation lol. Meditation teaches you to calm your mind, which sleep doesn't.

Daniel.N9098

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 4, 2018
I 100% would love to know the science behind this, I've always been fascinated by the powers of our mind. Also I really need to start meditating myself, I'm going to start this evening in fact.
Best way to start is to sit down tonight and get started. All it takes is 5 minutes in silence and focus on your breathing. Good luck!

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Into the Magic Shop
I lost my way in that book - think I was listening to it when Unscripted came out :)
Seriously I think that might be why I stopped halfway thru it.
I'll finish that along with the other reading this thread has brought up.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I am completely sold on meditation and it's benefits. It seems as if three out of every four successful people in the world meditate.

I've been doing the Headspace app 'Tiny Habits style' for the past 30 days. 3 minutes a day for 10 days. Then 5 minutes a day for 10 days. Now 10 minutes a day for 10 days. And I've seen some benefits in my mood and cognition.

However, I do feel like journaling is extremely powerful as well. And it's easier to explain and to execute. If you can't get into meditation, consider journaling. Try it twice a day. Right before bed and as soon as you wake up.
Have you read Tim Ferris’ Tools of the Titans?

After doing interviews with dozens (perhaps hundreds? not sure) of the worlds top performers, this was one of the first lines in his book:

“In this book, you’ll naturally look for common habits and recommendations, and you should. Here are a few patterns, some odder than others:

More than 80% of the interviewees have some form of daily mindfulness or meditation practice

A surprising number of males (not females) over 45 never eat breakfast, or eat only the scantiest of fare (e.g., Laird Hamilton, page 92; Malcolm Gladwell, page 572; General Stanley McChrystal, page 435)

Many use the ChiliPad device for cooling at bedtime
Rave reviews of the books Sapiens, Poor Charlie’s Almanack, Influence, and Man’s Search for Meaning, among others

The habit of listening to single songs on repeat for focus (page 507)
Nearly everyone has done some form of “spec” work (completing projects on their own time and dime, then submitting them to prospective buyers)

The belief that “failure is not durable” (see Robert Rodriguez, page 628) or variants thereof
Almost every guest has been able to take obvious “weaknesses” and turn them into huge competitive advantages (see Arnold Schwarzenegger, page 176)”
Excerpt From: Timothy Ferriss. “Tools of Titans.” Apple Books.

Healthfulness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Oct 7, 2018
Denmark
I am meditating for pretty long time so I'll add my 2 cents. While meditation doesn't guarantee financial success, there are benefits that everyone will experience. Main idea of meditation is to increase awareness, both - self and environment awareness, this will have huge positive impact in every aspect of life as people often tend to be so lost into their thoughts that they don't see what's happening around them, this for sure includes opportunities to increase your income, but there's way more than just that. I remember when I started, for first months I had no idea why I am meditating and I was very skeptical until the point where I got this "aha" moment, It's a lifetime process, but It really helps to calms down your mind and organize your thoughts, and once in a while I get insights that are highly valuable and really put things into perspective.
Definitely, try It, It takes very little effort, 10 minutes in the morning and 10 in the evening is enough, try It for few weeks and see If that does any good for you.
On technique, just focus on your breathing, whenever you notice you're thinking - switch focus to breathing, the goal is not to stop thoughts, thats impossible, goal is to be able to control your mind as most people just follow the orders their mind gives to them and they are not always beneficial, meditation helps to detach from thoughts - observe and analyse them.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm not sure if it does anything for business though and meditating because "this billionaire said it's important and I want to be a billionaire too" (no one actually said that; it's an example) is probably the wrong mindset to begin meditation. It's too ego driven and basically money chasing.

I actually think most people will not meditate just because of an article like this.

Number 1 because it's hard work. Number 2 because people have a hard time seeing WHY someone should meditate. When you first start meditating there is a lot of resistance to it because we are prisoners to to our external desires as buddha says.

I'm confused on meditation. is it just closing your eyes and not thinking about anything?

There are a lot of meditation techniques and you don't have to wear a funny outfit to do it. It can be just sitting in a chair and watching yourself. But almost all techniques revolve around the same idea, the idea that we are not awake and that we are a prisoner to ourselves. If this idea resonates with you and you agree with it, meditation is something to look into.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I haven't finished reading the book and while part of me wants to say it changed my life, it's still a bit early to make such a declaration. But the guy surely know what he's talking about. At almost every paragraph I read, I get an epiphany. Ok I might be exaggerating a bit, but that's really the feeling.

Update us once it sinks in. I usually give a book a week or two after i read it before i determine how much value it had.

Now, about taking advice from a billionaire, I believe him when he says that, and meditation is without any doubt a good practice. But of course it's not a silver bullet. I'm sure he doesn't even thinks it is. Remember? There's no silver bullet. At all.

No silver bullets, better there are some pretty nifty hollow-points out there ;)

Woah, when I read the first post of this thread I got excited like a little girl waiting to try her new princess costume she just received for her 5th birthday.

Why? Because (seemingly) out of nowhere, last week my kindle made me a recommendation to read "Principles" from Ray Dalio. I never heard of this guy one week ago and now there's a post on the fastlane forum about it. Talk about Baader Meinhoff

If you haven't read it, add it to your reading list.

I haven't finished reading the book and while part of me wants to say it changed my life, it's still a bit early to make such a declaration. But the guy surely know what he's talking about. At almost every paragraph I read, I get an epiphany. Ok I might be exaggerating a bit, but that's really the feeling.

Last time I lived this was with... The Millionaire Fastlane (I swear I'm not a sycophant).

Now, about taking advice from a billionaire, I believe him when he says that, and meditation is without any doubt a good practice. But of course it's not a silver bullet. I'm sure he doesn't even thinks it is. Remember? There's no silver bullet. At all.

The more I learn, discover and hear about successful people, the more I believe that no one actually knows what the f*c they are talking about, except for THEIR CONTEXT.
That means that every advice out there is given by someone that has their own character, upbringing, way of seeing and dealing with things, environment... Which is almost always different than yours or mine.

Now I'm not rejecting every advice that's given. But I think the way you take the information and adapt it to your own context is a LOT more important than the advice in itself.

Yes, they are millionaires who never wake up before 10am. But there are a ton that do.
Wealthy people who don't work hard. Many of them work like mad though.
Successful entrepreneurs who made it on their first attempt. But countless of others who made it after 5, 10 or 100 attempts.

And probably billionaires who don't meditate.
But it's not important. Context is. What is important to me is that when I come across a strategy/advice/opinion, I try it, and see for myself in MY context if it produces results. That's really the only way you will ever know what works or not.
Yes, I like to look for patterns. But even then the patterns may not be the cause. For now, from looking through tons of data I’d say the biggest personality traits are: hard work, intelligence, assertiveness. Top skills? Sales, cognitive enhancement, educating yourself (learning). And the best actions is what MJ outlined in his books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Agree that there are many forms of meditation and 'getting in the zone' training is certainly one of them.

Visualization is cool, if you focus on the process not just the outcome - too many people wishing for stuff out there ;)

Of course Ray Dalio spoke about TM, not just meditation in general. TM offers physical recovery benefits not associated with other forms of meditations but is very much a stationary activity

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
There’s a book called The Sedona Method that was helpful for me, especially the part about whatever you fear is what you want to happen because that’s the identity (victim of ___) you’re most comfortable with.

I wanna see Ayanle’s update but I can’t tag him.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Let me remind everyone, I've been using meditation since I was 17, and I'm 25 now. So safe to say I know A LITTLE about this topic and what works for me.

Clearing your head completely is akin to fasting of the mind.
We know fasting for the body is a healthy habit, it won't cause ur body to waste away, but quite the opposite, it gets rid of the garbage accumulating in the cells, and helps ur body to run well.

Same thing in ur head, that short session where you let go of everything and can be in total mental silence is a type of rejuvenation.
Easier said than done though, it takes some time to actually succeed in allowing ur mind to empty.
I agree with this. That's why I do this type of meditation for about 10-15 minutes a day, not much more than that.

If you ruminate about "engaging" with the world a bit, u realize most people "engage" all day and get nowhere right?
The whole day to day zombie slowlane autopilot lifestyle is not really "engaging".
When you achieve silence, you naturally become more aware of everything. That is real engagement.
I disagree with this. Most people are not actively engaged in their life. If people were present, and their mind was focused on their actions, there wouldn't be an epidemic of mental illness.

There's been brain scan studies done to compare experienced Mindfulness meditators vs Empty Mind meditators, and their brain structures were different.
Mindfulness meditators had stronger signal in a certain part of their brain, while empty mind meditators had an even excitation over their entire brain.

This is very interesting. I didn't know that, but in a way it's not surprising. You brain and body responds to repetition.

Here's an excerpt:
For example, a 2004 study of eleven Tibetan Buddhist monks in meditation showed intense gamma wave activity in certain parts of the brain REF. Yet a study of people using a mindfulness form of meditation, also a Buddhist activity, showed alpha activity — at the opposite end of the spectrum to gamma — which was more prominent in the left frontal side of the brain compared to the right REF. In short: two kinds of meditation, both claiming to be Buddhist in nature, yield electrical activity at opposite ends of the spectrum and in similar parts of the brain. A study by Fenwick of a different form of meditation seemed to show electrical changes that resemble sleep REF. Does that mean that meditation is a form of sleep? Yet another study revealed episodic electrical activity that mirrored epilepsy-like patterns REF.

This is interesting because Tibetan Buddhists actually use mindfulness meditation, rather than the empty-mind meditation used in Zen.

The whole philosophy around Tibetan Buddhism is to visualize yourself as the Buddha, rather than the Zen approach which is clear your mind and you will feel the Buddha nature.

My theory is that most people are doing mindfulness wrong.

I REALLY recommend the book Beyond The Mind. It's completely scientific based, and convinced me that Empty Mind meditation is probably what "meditation" actually is.

Sorry, I literally have no time or interest in reading anymore books these days.

The way i meditate is i do Zhan Zhuang. So i stand up and assume a posture and just hold it for an hour. I set it and forget it and don't actively concentrate on anything. I let my body adjust by itself, and thoughts come and go but i don't grab on to them. Every session feels easier to just let go.
After im done i feel energized like a battery at least for little while.
THat's interesting, I haven't heard of this practice before. I think everyone has something that works for them.

d them in Moon in a Dewdrop) have some surprisingly accessible advice on this, too. If I've understood him, sitting zazen isn't about withdrawing completely. It's about finding that paradoxical spot which accepts both involvement and withdrawal.

I understand this. I've studied Zen quite thoroughly, trying the meditation practices and reading scripts and such. But the thing is, you have to spend A LOT of time in zazen meditation to get to this point. Zen monks do sitting meditation for many hours a day, and even they believe enlightenment is unlikely in one lifetime.

Some people have remarkable results for themselves doing this, but I just find for me it's not very constructive. I use it when I need to practice emptying my mind, but I can't do it for hours on end.

EDIT: @luniac I didn't mean to shoot down your book recommendation by the way, thanks for it. I just meant I don't read much anymore, and I have a few books I'm trying to get through right now, so I likely won't end up reading it anytime soon lol. But if I wanna share excerpts from the book with me, feel free to message me anytime!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Upgraded to NOTABLE, tons of discussion and links to different practices.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
yea man zhan zhuang is awesome, its like standing zen. The physical aspect made me a lot better at my sport cause i learned how to move my body more properly.
It's actually the first step in traditional internal martial arts.
This is something I would have more interest in because I'd actually be using my body so like you said, it would improve coordination and make me better at sport.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
yea man zhan zhuang is awesome, its like standing zen. The physical aspect made me a lot better at my sport cause i learned how to move my body more properly.
It's actually the first step in traditional internal martial arts.
I'm actually forgetting to mention this:

I've had some really trippy moments while doing sitting meditation. I felt like I was accessing different dimensions and leaving my body at times. When I'd come out of it, the world would almost almost seem like it wasn't real, like a dream state.

If I did that everyday for several hours, I'm not sure I would even be the same person...

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I started Unscripted this morning (I know, I know :wideyed:) and in the early chapters, MJ says:
Unscripted said:
Your soul will resonate its desires or discontent when faced with quiet or minimal distraction.
How are you responding to your soul's voice?

That made me immediately think of this thread.
It really feels like people are afraid to be left alone with their thoughts.
I know I fall into that trap.

Action for me: 5 mins meditation every morning to build the habit.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I'm actually forgetting to mention this:

I've had some really trippy moments while doing sitting meditation. I felt like I was accessing different dimensions and leaving my body at times. When I'd come out of it, the world would almost almost seem like it wasn't real, like a dream state.

If I did that everyday for several hours, I'm not sure I would even be the same person...

A mild version of that happened to me when doing the wim hof breathing method, felt like i sort of left my body, but only briefly.

However I do lose track of time when standing, the 1 hour alarm tends to ring when i feel im at around 35-40 minutes.

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I used to be in the anti-meditation camp and think it was all "woo-woo" b.s., but as I started following successful people I realized so many of them talked about how big of a role meditation/visualization played in their success. When I see a trend like that by successful people, I tend to give it credibility. Then I went to a big self-development seminar and that is what really turned me onto the idea of meditation/priming and I have made it an important part of my day since. It has been extremely useful in clearing my head and prioritizing, particularly because I spend a lot of time in my own head with the brain going 100mph.

My question for everyone out there though is this: what helps you get into the "best" meditative state? I find sometimes I'm able to get much deeper into than others. The only correlation I've been able to see is that getting into an excited/energized physical/mental state helps me sink deeper. For example, post-workout or after listening and dancing to high energy music I'm able to sink into a much deeper meditation. Anyone else notice this? It's like higher your energy before the deeper you can go during

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
For all I know it's basic meditation with great marketing and branding.
Valid concern. It is mantra meditation, in theory the mantra is matched to the individual - I am not a certified trainer as it takes 5 months cut-off from the outside world to become certified - I might do that if I am ever a widower but other than that, not happening.

My post above (which I got distracted from, and sat unposted for a couple of days) covers the rest. Happy to take offline the physical benefits I have experienced which I have never seen through other methods. It's a bit trippy, some people seem to disbelieve it - but given I get exactly nothing from recommending it ... PM if you want more details.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
what benefits are you referring to exactly that are better than being present or focusing for 20-30min 2-3 times per day?

Have you ever done any meditation, either vipassana, or Ekchart Tolle 'presence' type meditation before TM? How far did you get with that before learning TM? I want to know the difference before I go spend a little over $1k to learn sometime I already know.

The testimonials from people like Ray and Swarschenegger really make me believe it's great but then again I don't know if they ever practiced meditation of any kind prior to TM. For all I know it's basic meditation with great marketing and branding.
I had not tried vipassana or ET type meditations. If what you are doing is giving your good results then stick with it. The term "good results" is relative for all of us. For me I tried TM as a way to reduce the stress of having my mind racing with all the tasks I have or need to do. I also wanted to be able to reduce my mind "chatter" to make better decisions in life. In a short time TM has done that for me. There is nothing magical about it. The key is doing the technique correctly twice a day. Maybe paying the fee and having a group to begin your practice of TM makes you have "skin" in the game and gets you off to a better start? I have not talked to anyone who took TM who hasn't said it brought them some benefits. Others in my starting 4 sessions speak of being more calm, sleeping better, reduced grief of loved ones they recently lost, energy, etc.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
In short is TM worth it? my answer is a definite yes - however if you have techniques that work for you or the cost of the course will cause you more stress then maybe it’s not for you at the moment. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
I am easily distracted, I fall asleep. I may go back to the breath counting, or look back into TM.
Distracted - not really a problem with TM (very different from other meditation).
Falling asleep - can be an issue, but that is a cry for rest from your body so is not a bad thing!
Overtime TM will help with a lack of proper sleep as it provides the body with physical rest in a way that (as far as I can tell) other meditation does not.
But as you can tell from this thread, I am a rabid convert - YMMV.
Good luck!
2, 3, 4 and "sleeeeep"

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
I did try Calm App, Insight Timer app as well as meditation from yoga teachers at the Lifetime gym. For me the benefit of TM is much deeper and more lasting than any other. With all others I would often get distracted by "mind chatter and thoughts" Sitting on the ground made my back hurt after about 15 minutes which also distracted me. You do TM in a comfortable chair. With others every noise and thought would constantly distract me and take away the benefits. With TM it is helpful to be in a secure and semi quite space but total quietness is not required. With TM there is a more lasting "calm" effect that has been noticed by others. I look forward to taking the 20 minutes to do TM first thing in the morning and when arriving home in the afternoon. There has been times where I wasn't asleep but time just passed without me knowing.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
With others every noise and thought would constantly distract me and take away the benefits. With TM it is helpful to be in a secure and semi quite space but total quietness is not required. With TM there is a more lasting "calm" effect that has been noticed by others.

That's what I found with Headspace, I can't just sit and empty my thoughts, I need an activity or rhythm to follow. Howard Stern used to talk at length about TM a long time ago. He's a big advocate. I think I just need to pony up and do it.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
I had my wife start with me and now I am having my son (21) try it. you can pay with a CC and they take the payments over 4 months. Once you start you can attend their "meetups" and session checking for life at no extra cost. There are "retreats" and an advance class that you can do after practicing awhile that costs extra but otherwise you have access to their website and teachers for life. I didn't know Howard Stern did TM but now that I think about him he did always have a relaxed calm about him. Reach out to me if I can help you in anyway. I am in Vegas by the way.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I had my wife start with me and now I am having my son (21) try it. you can pay with a CC and they take the payments over 4 months. Once you start you can attend their "meetups" and session checking for life at no extra cost. There are "retreats" and an advance class that you can do after practicing awhile that costs extra but otherwise you have access to their website and teachers for life. I didn't know Howard Stern did TM but now that I think about him he did always have a relaxed calm about him. Reach out to me if I can help you in anyway. I am in Vegas by the way.

thanks for the intel, I am in NYC, and the TM center her is near me. Next time I'm on the strip I'll give you a shout.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
"Buddha's Brain" by Rick Hanson, Ph.D
Thanks! Just added it to my to-read list.

Two that really helped me are:

Wherever you Go, There You Are by John Kabat-Zinn
Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart by Dr. Mark Epstein

If you only read one of the two, go for Dr. Epstein's book. He makes vipassana meditation extremely relatable to western psychology and strips out all the woo woo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.