The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Slowlane Job Recommendations?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma
D

DeletedUser0287

Making a lot of progress with my products, but pretty much ran dry. All progress has stopped because I ran out of money. I quit my job to make this much progress in short amount of time. The most feasible option is financing, but I hate pretty much overpaying for the business equipment with high interest. Financing is pretty much a punishment for being poor. Interest for these range from 10-30%. I don't need that much money that it warrants VC though.

So I have decided that I have to go back to slowlane. I don't necessarily want to go back to my current job path because:

1) No Knowledge applicable to my business.
2) Can at times suck my energy to the point that I don't want to do my business anymore.
3) Pay is average ($60k), but can get more if I can go travel option ($80k)

My business venture requires me to stay put so travel job is out of line.

Is there a low barrier slowlane job that I can industries into just to fund my business. I guess as a bonus, it could have knowledge applicable to my venture. Don't want to degrade myself to McDonald's wage though. Note...I don't care about the job at all and only the money to fund the business. Just here now waiting to here back and business is making no progress now....

I just need like $8k.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

dkostadinov01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 31, 2019
I'm thinking about serving in a coffee shop at a popular place.

Lots of people tip and even though the pay is low.

Last edited:

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
A sales job, they're a pain in the butt. Although I must admit you learn a lot, how to approach understand people etc.
I agree. Look at cell phone dealers that aren't company stores or car dealers. most will train you and let you stay or fail to your content.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Yep, I think just about every answer is gonna be sales job! But I'd do a 1099 deal, and not be an employee if you can find something decent. That way you still maintain some level of freedom so you can work on your business. I used to do roofing sales (storm damage restoration), and that can be pretty lucrative. $2-$5k or more from one sale, depending on the size of the roof and their commission split.

D

DeletedUser0287

Lol ok, will start applying to sales. Do you normally choose sales a topic you are an expert on?

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Lol ok, will start applying to sales. Do you normally choose sales a topic you are an expert on?

If you seem like a know it all = no
Being interested and common sense = yes

A desire to improve and a willingness to pay the numbers game is a solid place to start.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Ill also say stick with the sales lane. Doing almost any kind of high ticket sales or something you can sell at huge volume. Especially since your looking to still be a business owner. You could always go into being some kind of broker as well lol....those positions are usually well paid. Afterall....thats what most doctors are...Anyway, the obivous choices would be insurance broker(any kind) or real estate broker. Both require you to have a ton of hustle to be successful.....The nice thing about those are that you transition and start your own brokerage with either of them. The next thing that comes to mind is to learn digital marketing(very important nowadays) or to learn to code then get a job in either of those fields. The freedom still exists in both of those fields as well. If you choose to take it independently. Lastly, you could always go and find some kind of job in the oil/gas industry. Almost everyone in that industry makes a decent wage.

Adelaide

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 16, 2019
Adelaide, South Australia
I just want to say thanks for posting this. I'm currently applying for Slowlane jobs (and like you, it's concurrent to my Fastlane business).

I'm in Australia, so I don't know anything about your job market. I have a history in sales, which pays well here. It's been FANTASTIC for learning business fundamentals; and bonus, it doesn't mentally drain you, so you can still work on your business before/after work.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
think high upscale establishments. Country clubs, hotels etc where you meet movers and shakers not just the other 90%ers that are average

babyballer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jul 16, 2018
Enterprise sales job especially in software. Base salary is somewhere between 100 to 250k per annum. Commission can be millions of dollars if you're good. However, most good sales reps are stuck somewhere between 300-500k.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Sales jobs can be a great option like others said but with low entry barriers so very tough to get. Do you have any specific skills (i.e. SEO or copywriting)?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Property & casualty insurance sales can be pretty low barrier. Stay away from health & life insurance imo.

But everyone needs car or home insurance. And the people that already have it are often interested in lowering their annual premium or getting a better policy.

You can look into being a captive agent (aka working for one company like Geico or Liberty Mutual) or be an independent agent where you can offer multiple carriers. I recommend the independent route. Most agencies will pay for your licensing.

Should be looking around $15-20/hr to start with anywhere from $250-$2000 monthly bonuses if you are good. Pretty big space since insurtech is becoming more popular and software like EzLynx and Salesforce are easily used in conjunction with dialers.

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
Property & casualty insurance sales can be pretty low barrier. Stay away from health & life insurance imo.

But everyone needs car or home insurance. And the people that already have it are often interested in lowering their annual premium or getting a better policy.

You can look into being a captive agent (aka working for one company like Geico or Liberty Mutual) or be an independent agent where you can offer multiple carriers. I recommend the independent route. Most agencies will pay for your licensing.

Should be looking around $15-20/hr to start with anywhere from $250-$2000 monthly bonuses if you are good. Pretty big space since insurtech is becoming more popular and software like EzLynx and Salesforce are easily used in conjunction with dialers.

Ditto on independent route but if it seems more tedious just be an agent for a composite company (life and general insurance). Tons of sales training plus relative independence with time. I'm biased though as I'm currently an underwriter in the slow lane-_-"

SPENCER C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Feb 15, 2019
Seattle, Washington
Hands down try and be a server/ bartender. You can easily come away with 80-120 in cash every night of like a four hour shift, most restaurants are very flexible with your schedule. You also learn alot about people, what their problems are, how to make them happy. Right now though I'm currently mowing lawns this summer for 17 an hour with my own small operation to pay for my ads and products.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Right now, if you're a skilled worker, you'll be in demand and command a pretty high wage... it looks like for the rest of your life.

Google "shortage of skilled workers" and look at all the articles detailing the crisis where machinists, welders, and other skilled trade workers are in short supply.

For instance, it looks like the electricians' industry is expected to have a labor shortage about 60,000 workers by 2026.

Might be worth developing a skill like that as a fail-safe that you can always fall back on.

LittleMissFancy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 8, 2014
Some ideas off the top of my head:

1) Banquet/Events bartender- Not only did I make great money for events that were around 4-6 hour ($150-$200 in tips) shifts but the schedule was great because the company was happy to work around my school schedule. Not only that, I got to meet with and become friendly with many of the community's big business players and was also offered jobs on several occasions,non of which I ever pursued but still cool to make those network connections.

2) Independent Contractor Salesperson-Are there businesses you could contact and pitch to them a deal where you are completely commission based, no base salary, healthcare, etc. and any sale you bring them, you get x percent of. I was chatting with a friend that works at a metal company, he said they were always looking for scrap yards and places that they can buy scrap metal from and I halfway thought "heck, I will do this on a part time basis". Any sale you make for the company, you get a portion of and the company doesn't have to pay a base salary and all the other perks (healthcare, time off, etc.), win/win for everyone involved.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.