The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Badass hobbies.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
Hobbies are a lot of money
Especially mine

Building cars/trucks for high horse power
Collecting firearms/ reloading ammo
Snow boarding
I used to be into little nitro r/c cars

Brett.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Chasing vanishing points.
Getting yer knee down.
Touring with buddies.

Last edited:

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
Shooting is great and I enjoy it. I'm sure you will too. What sort of shooting are you getting into? Rifles, pistols, shot gunning? Depending where you are, there are many options within the large umbrella term "shooting sports" ranging from sporting clays (shotgun sport) to IDPA/IPSC (combative pistol shooting) to all the many rifle shooting types like benchrest, service rifle, and so on. Cowboy action or "three gun" matches are cool. There are a lot of shooting hobbies; what are you looking at?

If you want to learn archery, look for someplace that teaches hunter's safety courses. In most states, archery hunting is regulated differently that firearm hunting and requires you to take an archery specific course. Even if you aren't interested in hunting, the archery hunters' course is a good place to start learning archery. You learn the basics and you learn it from an archery instructor who can hook you up with more courses and tell you what there are for archery clubs in your area.

Speaking of hunting, that's a hobby you might like. It's not for everyone, but it may be for you. You can and should take whatever course your state requires to get a hunting license, even and maybe especially if you aren't sure if hunting may be for you. It will show you want you need to know to make an informed decision. Since you are getting into shooting, a hunting license is a 'must have' for any gun owner and will teach you some things you need to know to stay safe and to stay on the right side of the law. This is as true for firearms as it is for archery. In my state, the archery course gets you both the archery and firearm license, but the firearms license does not cover archery. You need to know what's what in your area.

If you want a badass hobby, try boxing. I know that boxing isn't as popular these days as jiu jitsu (another excellent option) but boxing is pure badass. Trading punches with a live opponent is a thrill and an experience you shouldn't deprive yourself of. There are more diverse and some would say "better" martial arts, but boxing will give you a skill set that carries over to any and all martial arts and it works well to protect yourself. There is the old saying that "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." There is nothing that puts more fight into your dog in less time than boxing. Even just a few months of boxing will transform your body and mind. Anybody who does a grappling style like judo or jiu jitsu would benefit from cross training with a bit of the sweet science. It's solid and it's been too long since I've done it myself.

Those are some that I do or have done. I haven't tried sky diving yet, but that would fit the bill you are describing wanting to fill. May be just the thing.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I've been training Muay Thai Kickboxing recently getting instructional lessons.

Some others...

Hiking
11738016_10153061500906794_4141651558995850220_n.jpg

Powerlifting

Sporting Clays

Attachments

• Andrea and I Hiking.jpg
    Andrea and I Hiking.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 24

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
Doing my bike licence so it will be one.

Will get back to boxing & maybe Krav Maga

Got my hunting licence this summer and now waiting to get my licence to carry firearms so I can go and get me some decent meat.

Next thing might be rock climbing & diving .

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
There's some good stuff mentioned so far. I've been considering taking up archery also.
Here's a few:
Martial Arts
Poker (Mental warfare with parallels to life and business)
Reading/Learning (Doesn't sound badass but can definitely MAKE you badass)

tnzk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 26, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Some wicked suggestions. I myself want to regularly take up high speed race course driving when I have the time (I don't, I'm getting on the Fastlane at the moment =P).

There is one hobby I'll never give up though. It is quite honestly the greatest hobby any man could ever take up. It constantly amazes people, it brings joy to everyone around you, it elevates your social status and wins you better dating opportunities (or bigger points with your significant other if you have one already).

Yes, I'm talking about cooking.

You can be a 11-0 MMA champion, or two time F1 world champion, or F22 fighter pilot, but the most badarse thing anyone can do is walk into an unknown pantry, take whatever ingredients are in there, and whip up a five star meal out of thin air. Y'all wanna know How to Win Friends and Influence People? Don't read Dale Carnegie, learn to cook a sick meal. People will fall over you.

I'm still on the journey myself, but if anyone wants to know where to begin, I recommend Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. If you're the type that learns from scratch by reading (I'd assume most of you are since you're on the Fastlane Forum), this is the book to have!

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
You are all a bunch of pussies.

Want something real badass?

Speed Origami - Death by a thousand paper cuts. ;)

Origami.jpg

Seriously, I want to do my PADI this year (diving cert).

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
2 Hobbies I will cultivate as soon as I have more free time and can afford it.

Learn how to dance ( any kind, your preference )

Learn an Instrument ( any kind, your preference )

What I like most about these 2 activities is that they provide massive amounts of value to others, not just yourself.

Entertain people/friends/audiences playing an instrument.

And producing positive emotions to whoever your dancing with ( take that however you want to :p )

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
No one can tell you which hobby you'll fall in love with. Start trying a bunch of different things, and get out of your comfort zone.

learning to surf :)

^^^^^^Don't do it! Your life will never be the same.
If your'e at all athletic and competitive it will become an obsession.

Your travel destinations will now be limited to Indo/North Shore HI/South Africa and Mexico.

Greek Isles, Monaco, Caribbean, where others see incredible beauty you will only see flat ocean.

Friends and family will think your'e nuts for passing up on that 6K sf desert mansion and instead opting
to buy a 2/1 fixer in North County for twice the price, just so you can surf twice a day.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
2 Hobbies I will cultivate as soon as I have more free time and can afford it.

Learn how to dance ( any kind, your preference )

Can't remember who it was on here but they got me hooked on Parov Stelar. There is something hypnotic about this music/dance combo:

And I can't be the only one hooked as this has been viewed over 26,000,000 times:

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Can't remember who it was on here but they got me hooked on Parov Stelar. There is something hypnotic about this music/dance combo:

And I can't be the only one hooked as this has been viewed over 26,000,000 times:

Hah, looks like the way Tommy Franklin dances, I saw him here a while ago, didnt know this was an actual style of dance, perhaps he invented it.

Louie

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jul 19, 2015
La Puente
Hiking is great. Not sure if this would constitute hiking, but fun nonetheless. Most definitely out of my comfort zone.

Attachments

• 11224472_733117856799133_8574615755948509401_n.jpg
    11224472_733117856799133_8574615755948509401_n.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 22

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
^^^^^^Don't do it! Your life will never be the same.
If your'e at all athletic and competitive it will become an obsession.

Your travel destinations will now be limited to Indo/North Shore HI/South Africa and Mexico.

Greek Isles, Monaco, Caribbean, where others see incredible beauty you will only see flat ocean.

Friends and family will think your'e nuts for passing up on that 6K sf desert mansion and instead opting
to buy a 2/1 fixer in North County for twice the price, just so you can surf twice a day.

It's already becoming like this! lol

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Try being 57 years old and pitching slow-pitch softball. You are only 50 feet away from the batter and the ball can come back at you at over 100 mph. The reflexes don't seem to work as fast as you age.

I play on a number of teams but one in particular got to me. It was a tournament team that had made it to the highest level in AZ. I pitched there for a number of months. One ball came back at me and I got my glove on it. It took the glove off my hand and carried it back to second base. Another came past my face and I realized that there was no way that I could have gotten my glove up there in time to block it. Good thing it just missed. Some of those players hit hard!

I still play on a number of teams and still pitch. I have the lumps, swollen body parts and bruises to prove it. But, I had to quit that one team...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.