alexkuzmov
Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hey @eliquid me again 😀
Remember a couple of months back I asked you for some advice on onboarding a shady client.
Well it turned out OK, he signed, refused to pay for ~2 months and just when I thought my gut was right, he paid for a full year. So twists and turns I suppose...
Also we kept the prices as they are, kept developing and we got new clients
Since then we`ve been steadily onboarding 2-3 clients per month and things are starting to get a bit out of hand in terms of developing.
I cant neglect my job since it pays the bills but I also cant devote my full time to the project.
As a result, we`ve started hardcoding features here and there just so we can keep up with the current and new client requests.
Some features we do integrate into the system, but for half lets say, we do them only for the client that wants them.
I`m hearing my gut again.
On one hand I want to improve on the system, clear out the hardcode, streamline and automate.
On the other hand I keep thinking over and over in my head: Its for the clients, its not for you.
My question is, have you dealt with such a scenario?
Can the project fail because of the accumulated tech debt?
What would you be your advice? Should we slow down/stop with clients until we catch up with development, or keep hardcoding and onboarding until the monthly revenue surpases my income so I can devote 100% to the project?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
PS. Thank you for your previous advice and your time spent ot writting it.
Remember a couple of months back I asked you for some advice on onboarding a shady client.
Well it turned out OK, he signed, refused to pay for ~2 months and just when I thought my gut was right, he paid for a full year. So twists and turns I suppose...
Also we kept the prices as they are, kept developing and we got new clients
Since then we`ve been steadily onboarding 2-3 clients per month and things are starting to get a bit out of hand in terms of developing.
I cant neglect my job since it pays the bills but I also cant devote my full time to the project.
As a result, we`ve started hardcoding features here and there just so we can keep up with the current and new client requests.
Some features we do integrate into the system, but for half lets say, we do them only for the client that wants them.
I`m hearing my gut again.
On one hand I want to improve on the system, clear out the hardcode, streamline and automate.
On the other hand I keep thinking over and over in my head: Its for the clients, its not for you.
My question is, have you dealt with such a scenario?
Can the project fail because of the accumulated tech debt?
What would you be your advice? Should we slow down/stop with clients until we catch up with development, or keep hardcoding and onboarding until the monthly revenue surpases my income so I can devote 100% to the project?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
PS. Thank you for your previous advice and your time spent ot writting it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
