The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Ask me anything about eCommerce (Ongoing)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ivan M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
California
I looked at your website and am confused. Are you a dropshipping store or a local furniture store? Do you have all those items in stock that are on your website?

Do you get the furniture at a good price so that you can sell them for under retail?

Have you listed them on Offerup?
Answer to your first question, both. We have 3 makeshift car ports (tents) that we keep next to our house that stores our furniture and yes, the items listed on our website are are also located at our home. The garage is turned into a miniature store where people locally can come over and buy merchandise. Not having a brick-and-mortar store means no overhead, in turn, keep prices cheaper. As far as the dropshipping is concerned, we have the option to do that as well since we built our website via Shopify. We have the option to dropship up to 800 items for free since we're a client of Shopify.

Second question: We do get furniture at an incredibly great price and then turn around and sell them just below what everyone else is selling in the brick-and-mortar stores.

Third question: We are also listing our products on Offerup as well as Facebook Marketplace and Instagram.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

claudek

Bronze Contributor
Jun 5, 2019
Hi @biophase .

Thank you for the post.

What about the following product (the only thing I see it's already very cheap): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CL11D7U/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I would make it PORTABLE, which means:
1- shorter
2- with a cap you can screw in order to close it
3- The goal is to make it a keychain. It would look like a simple and slick keychain.

Thank you for your posts. I find them really valuable. Especially your unique view on things.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi @biophase .

Thank you for the post.

What about the following product (the only thing I see it's already very cheap): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CL11D7U/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I would make it PORTABLE, which means:
1- shorter
2- with a cap you can screw in order to close it
3- The goal is to make it a keychain. It would look like a simple and slick keychain.

Thank you for your posts. I find them really valuable. Especially your unique view on things.
Hi Claudek,

At $6.99, I don't see how you would make any money. Using the Amazon fulfillment calculator, your net proceeds would be $3.93.

So you need to do your math calculations and see if you have enough margin with shipping and storage. Then you need to determine what your PPC costs would be.

But my other question is. Would someone really want a zit popper key chain? You would get stopped at airport security with it too. Is there really a need for your improvements?

Untitled.png

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Answer to your first question, both. We have 3 makeshift car ports (tents) that we keep next to our house that stores our furniture and yes, the items listed on our website are are also located at our home. The garage is turned into a miniature store where people locally can come over and buy merchandise. Not having a brick-and-mortar store means no overhead, in turn, keep prices cheaper. As far as the dropshipping is concerned, we have the option to do that as well since we built our website via Shopify. We have the option to dropship up to 800 items for free since we're a client of Shopify.

Second question: We do get furniture at an incredibly great price and then turn around and sell them just below what everyone else is selling in the brick-and-mortar stores.

Third question: We are also listing our products on Offerup as well as Facebook Marketplace and Instagram.

I don't understand what you mean by being a client of Shopify.

It sounds like you have a local furniture arbitrage business. I don't think it can scale very well. Do you get sales through your website? If I had to keep this model. I would look at smaller accessories that I could sell along with the big furniture. So that when people pick up a sofa, you can show them vases or candles at no brainer prices. I would get those in bulk from China. I would also try to sell smaller items on the website via shipping and basically migrate my business slowly over to online, but using the large furniture to drive traffic to it.

claudek

Bronze Contributor
Jun 5, 2019
Hi Claudek,

At $6.99, I don't see how you would make any money. Using the Amazon fulfillment calculator, your net proceeds would be $3.93.

So you need to do your math calculations and see if you have enough margin with shipping and storage. Then you need to determine what your PPC costs would be.

But my other question is. Would someone really want a zit popper key chain? You would get stopped at airport security with it too. Is there really a need for your improvements?

View attachment 35795
Thank you Biophase.

I thought about it because I sometimes have zits during the day. And instead of squeezing them and irritating the skin, I find it helpful to have a needle or something on the way for emergencies.

Yes, for airports it is not feasible.

Based on my feelings and in what you say it may be something to breakeven, in my point of view.

I would buy it at least.

Tim001

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 12, 2018
Hi Biophase and others - Fulfillment - Can anyone recommend or share their experience with fulfillment services. I currently have an item I sell via FBA. Outside of amazon, with my other sales channels I fulfill myself, about 600 a month. I reached out to Shopify, but seems it's still an invite only for their fulfillment service right now. My item is quite small 8oz, 6x10 need no prep needed. I just had an idea on getting this item into dropshipping catalogues (sprocket etc..) as a supplier, so would really like the convince of a fulfillment service. Thoughts, Recommendations?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Biophase and others - Fulfillment - Can anyone recommend or share their experience with fulfillment services. I currently have an item I sell via FBA. Outside of amazon, with my other sales channels I fulfill myself, about 600 a month. I reached out to Shopify, but seems it's still an invite only for their fulfillment service right now. My item is quite small 8oz, 6x10 need no prep needed. I just had an idea on getting this item into dropshipping catalogues (sprocket etc..) as a supplier, so would really like the convince of a fulfillment service. Thoughts, Recommendations?
I don’t use them and wouldn’t generally recommend them. But your simple product, should be easy for a fulfillment company to ship.

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2018
Austria
Hi @biophase ,

I have a question. I am selling a dog product on Amazon.de successfully since 2016, I have created that listing and have a brand registry in Europe.

Somebody listed my product and changed it completely on Amazon.com around April 2020 to sell a different dog product. One seller is selling actively this different product, even under a different brand name in a different product category.

I reported this seller, but Amazon thing everything is ok, they just checked the USA listing, they did not check the European listing I assume.

I am unable to gain control over the listing in the USA ( I originally created it in Germany). I am filing complaints after complaints on sellercentral.com without success. I tried it also on sellercentral.de

I want to stop the other seller to misuse my listing and I want to sell my product on Amazon.com, but I need to fix the product listing first.

What am I doing wrong?

Update 17.2.2021 : Today an Amazon global selling team Manager, contacted me to offer help. I am keeping my fingers crossed....

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

23Infinity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jan 4, 2019
Canada
Hi @biophase ,

Somebody listed my product and changed it completely on Amazon.com around April 2020 to sell a different dog product. One seller is selling actively this different product, even under a different brand name in a different product category.

I've been noticing an uptick of (mostly Chinese) sellers repurposing old listings/ASINs with built up for the purposes of selling their product. They use an ASIN of a similar product but sell a different one, and benefit from the 1000's of reviews on the discontinued ASIN. Really scummy black hat practice.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers