The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

AndyTalks with @JustKris about Webinars & Marketing Automation

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
AndyTalks with @JustKris about Webinars & Marketing Automation

@JustKris reached out asking if I was still thinking of doing a webinar.

It's getting nearer the time that I do some online workshop or webinar, so we hopped on a call.
Wow... but he knows his stuff.

> Click here to access the recording <

What were your takeaways?

What will you do differently going forward?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RayAndré

Dare to differ.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2017
Puerto Rico
I'm just a software engineer and have no idea about any of this stuff...and was listening while finishing work and folding laundry ;P But here's what I picked up:
  1. Andy should chat with people more ;)
  2. Don't use the word "Webinar" in emails since people filter them. Use "Free Training" or something else.
  3. During a webinar, don't show tons of slides and talk talk talk, ask your audience for questions right away to engage them.
  4. A $10 lead for a $1500 job is totally worth it.
  5. Kris likes chewing gum
  6. If you get somewhere "by accident" thats fine if it works...but its good to add structure.
  7. If people don't get it, show them.
  8. Calendly is great to automate appointments. Better if you connect it to a CRM.
  9. Streak is good to see how people use emails, but Mailchimp or something would be better for bulk.
  10. Andy likes to do stuff by hand.
  11. Use automated emails but with a human touch.
  12. Payment plans can get more users in the door
  13. For webinars: Replays are more valuable than the actual call
  14. Things that come natural to you are totally foreign to others and need explanation.
  15. The best way to sell your stuff is to get other people to talk about it.
  16. ^ Meet customers, ask questions, and record it with your phone. Keep it informal!
  17. Make listeners interactive so they lean in to the conversation.
  18. ^ Facebook live is great but there's no real way to gather info about people who join.
  19. Toward the end, Kris says: "There's got to be some kinda software that does XYZ..."
  20. ^ DING DING DING potential need for a fastlane business

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm just a software engineer and have no idea about any of this stuff...and was listening while finishing work and folding laundry ;P But here's what I picked up:
  2. Don't use the word "Webinar" in emails since people filter them. Use "Free Training" or something else.
  3. During a webinar, don't show tons of slides and talk talk talk, ask your audience for questions right away to engage them.
  6. If you get somewhere "by accident" thats fine if it works...but its good to add structure.
  8. Calendly is great to automate appointments. Better if you connect it to a CRM.
  9. Streak is good to see how people use emails, but Mailchimp or something would be better for bulk.
  14. Things that come natural to you are totally foreign to others and need explanation.
  16. ^ Meet customers, ask questions, and record it with your phone. Keep it informal!
  18. ^ Facebook live is great but there's no real way to gather info about people who join.
  19. Toward the end, Kris says: "There's got to be some kinda software that does XYZ..."
Great write up. Thanks for that. Rep+

A takeaway of mine was that @JustKris knows his stuff and I sooo don't want to spend my time learning it from scratch. It's such a shortcut to work with someone who's already done it.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Useful note breakdown.

Wish soundcloud had a 2x speed control deal.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom