The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An easy (maybe) way to create (some) apps

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
480%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
For those who have an app idea but no coding knowledge, I began experimenting last night with a tool that allows you to create apps based on data in a google sheet, and then add different functionality around that data. I'm not affiliated, I just found it interesting. Create an app from a Google Sheet in five minutes, for free • Glide

I'm not very good at using it, and as I was searching around on how to do different things, there is a community of people who are "experts." You may also be able to turn this into a side hustle if you can get good at the platform and offer to do work for others.

I don't think this will be able to make really complex apps, but for those who want to test an idea, develop simpler apps, add some kind of app to their existing business, or develop a side hustle, this might be worth taking a look at.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest1413tpa

For those who have an app idea but no coding knowledge, I began experimenting last night with a tool that allows you to create apps based on data in a google sheet, and then add different functionality around that data. I'm not affiliated, I just found it interesting. Create an app from a Google Sheet in five minutes, for free • Glide

I'm not very good at using it, and as I was searching around on how to do different things, there is a community of people who are "experts." You may also be able to turn this into a side hustle if you can get good at the platform and offer to do work for others.

I don't think this will be able to make really complex apps, but for those who want to test an idea, develop simpler apps, add some kind of app to their existing business, or develop a side hustle, this might be worth taking a look at.
Welcome to the No-Code world. Its an awesome place.

Here is a small list of additional places you can go to learn about more no/low code products: Mr. Trash's List of No-Code Resources . Makerpad is the gold standard.

To your last point, things can get pretty complex with a Bubble.io app or a Webflow application. However, you do hit a point where you need to code something.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Cool Insights... Will have to check them out! Is there an official App Dev group on here?
I know there's one for Web Designers?

D

Deleted74925

Interesting! I just learned this is a thing.

I've been exploring "no-code" building with Moodle plugins. I don't know JavaScript or PHP, but Moodle already has many plugins which anyone can install.

My website is for teaching, and so I was thinking of making an app that would give flashcards to people, similarly to Anke. The only problem with flash cards, though, is that different people remember things differently, so the best method is to create your own flash cards, which people don't like to do.

Maybe I could make an app that let's people create their own flashcards easily from their notes.

Just my thoughts.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thanks for the share. I’ll have a look at that. I have a few ideas for simple calculators that I’ve sat on for a while.

G

Guest1413tpa

Another thing to add in here as I am researching projects/companies to buy -> It seems like there is a trend of no-code only products that are profitable being sold/grown. Something I am 100% honing in on as this can be massively profitable, and have a low time investment.

You risk some control, but many no-code platforms allow you to export source code.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Here is a small list of additional places you can go to learn about more no/low code products: Mr. Trash's List of No-Code Resources . Makerpad is the gold standard.

To your last point, things can get pretty complex with a Bubble.io app or a Webflow application. However, you do hit a point where you need to code something.

Oh nice, Notion. Great place for a list of no code resources, lol. I'm starting to use it to build documentation, since it's like editing in a CMS and you can publish anything to the web easily.

G

Guest1413tpa

Oh nice, Notion. Great place for a list of no code resources, lol. I'm starting to use it to build documentation, since it's like editing in a CMS and you can publish anything to the web easily.

I love Notion and Markdown. Makes it so easy to create things. I am a big proponent of clicks over code.

So funny you mention a CMS -> My personal and newsletter sites are powered by Notion. I expect it to get better with the capabilities once the API is released, but its good for something simple.

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
480%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
I had no idea there were so many options in the no-code world. Glide was my introduction to it, but I'm going to explore some of these other resources and see what can be done.

I've been studying experiential marketing lately, and looking at some of the things that can be created within these apps, I'm wondering how a brand can engage customers with experiences through apps. And how willing customers are to accept accept app experiences over human experiences.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

Why isn't bubble included on the list (in that link you shared).

Are they a competitor or is there some other reason for not mentioning them, perhaps it's a bad platform somehow?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.