The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ahhh Feels Great To Report a Business For Discrimination (another reason to go Fastlane)

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
You gotta love these companies that put you through this multilayered interview process. You know, emails having you answer personal questions, multiple phone interviews, then having you come in for a 2 hour "trial", before handing you a check and saying "we'll call you" like a bunch of chickenshits. You'd think you were being hired to the FBI or Secret Service. No, just some piece of shit job.

I've noticed the companies that follow this routine are defensive/scared to hire people and treat the whole thing like a marriage proposal rather than A JOB. It is just a job! The reason they have this routine in place is because they want it to be easier to cut you loose based on discrimination.

And they think they are so slick. If you were denied employment and your performance or qualifications were not the issue, what else is there? The political bullshit is penetrating too many worksites. You're not supposed to deny people based on skin color, race, gender, age, disability, etc, or other personal biases. There is supposed to be diversity, right? Well, companies are doing the exact opposite.

I've been through this enough that I am now taking action and reporting it to EEOC and writing reviews all over Google, Yelp, their personal FB page and so on. Gotta teach these companies there is consequences to allowing feminists or 20 year old Social Justice Warriors control important aspects of their business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
No, that's the way a great company should hire people. A couple of phone calls, come in for a few interviews, go out to eat with you & your partner and maybe another interview after that. Not always but most of the time it leads to less turn over which means less money spent on training or just less money spent on new people in general. I know it's a pain in the @ss for the person looking for a job.... it just depends which side you are on. You are in it for YOU and the company is in it for the COMPANY.

If you choose to look for a job, I feel for ya and hopefully you land something soon. Just hang in there and don't let it get you down. Good luck!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Start your own business that hires based on productivity instead of race or sex and you will beat them in the marketplace, making millions and enjoying life while they lose because of inefficiencies.

Or you could just bitch about it...

Put your money where your mouth is.

Ps. reporting discrimination as a way to take revenge is the most childish crap I've ever read.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
You shouldn't be so upset by it.

1. If you were the best choice and they skipped you over, they will feel it when the wrong person makes the wrong choices for them. I've been in your spot a hundred times and I had to learn this to get over it. Their time will come with the wrong hires and mediocre talent. It may take months or years and they may never go bankrupt, but it will bubble up sometime in the future in some way.

2. If you didn't need a job ( I presume to pay bills ), would you still HONESTLY feel this way? If not, then maybe examine your financial situation because that is root of your problem and not them NOT hiring you.

3. Most other "sheep" out there, don't read those job review sites. You will just waste time you could have put into building your own dream, like your Avatar pic says.

Last edited:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
No, that's the way a great company should hire people. A couple of phone calls, come in for a few interviews, go out to eat with you & your partner and maybe another interview after that. Not always but most of the time it leads to less turn over which means less money spent on training or just less money spent on new people in general. I know it's a pain in the @ss for the person looking for a job.... it just depends which side you are on. You are in it for YOU and the company is in it for the COMPANY.

If you choose to look for a job, I feel for ya and hopefully you land something soon. Just hang in there and don't let it get you down. Good luck!
I agree. But you have to take things into context. If it is a job that required carefully hiring a person then I would agree this is smart. Not for some pice of shit no-brainer, labor job.

The funny thing is, the company has been trying to contact me. They even sent a FB message to me making up some BS excuse. And not even two hours after I was there, they send that automated " we're sorry, we went ahead wiith another candidate". Funny thing is, there was no one else. Pure retaliation.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
Op, you seem pompous. And this is probably something that has been identifiable during the interview process.

People buy from people they like, and people hire people they like. Instead of being a self righteous punk, work on your personality and the way you present yourself.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
It feels good to complain on the internet about a company that didn't hire you? You need to change your focus and mindset I think, it sounds like they made the right choice.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I am now taking action and reporting it to EEOC and writing reviews all over Google, Yelp, their personal FB page and so on.

Obviously a frustrating situation for you. Now that your rant is over let me ask you a question: what action could you take instead of the above to work on your own business or on yourself?

You will get a short term endorphin spike if you shit on them all over the internet but how will it make you better?

You need bigger problems. Then you need to harness this energy into those.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
sure its annoying but you fight fire with fire.

Need references? of course my neighbor next door can pretend to be my former boss ;)

Naw i didn't get fired from my last job, i left voluntarily ;)

Here's a funny one, i honestly have been fired from my last 2 jobs.
If i don't lie about this, will I ever find another job again, even a mcdonalds job?
I doubt it.
You gotta lie.

It doesn't even matter if you were fired unfairly, the word "FIRED" is the stigma. The HR person's red flags and light bulbs will be flashing profusely upon hearing that word.
Why take the chance with the guy, there's 9 million more applicants behind him.

I remember i applied to Duane Reade and said i did get fired, and explained the situation as a disagreement between myself and the boss.
The manager's eyebrows went up fast when i said the word "Fired".

That's life.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
The cost per hire and train someone is significant. Sometimes up to 50K if it's a high level position. The process is there so HR doesn't waste money by hiring people that stay 2 months and then leave. It's better for the organization's bottom line to take more time hiring the right people than hire crap employees that you have to keep paying $$ to replace.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
@NewManRising , try this exercise.

Head over to Upwork, or Freelancer dot com, or one of those outsourcing sites.

Post a job notification. Something that will pay decent to good.

Check back in 24 hours and look at the replies.

If you want to change your point of view, consider that the people you're interviewing with have this problem every time they want a new hire.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
You gotta love these companies that put you through this multilayered interview process. You know, emails having you answer personal questions, multiple phone interviews, then having you come in for a 2 hour "trial", before handing you a check and saying "we'll call you" like a bunch of chickenshits. You'd think you were being hired to the FBI or Secret Service. No, just some piece of sh*t job.

I've noticed the companies that follow this routine are defensive/scared to hire people and treat the whole thing like a marriage proposal rather than A JOB. It is just a job! The reason they have this routine in place is because they want it to be easier to cut you loose based on discrimination.

And they think they are so slick. If you were denied employment and your performance or qualifications were not the issue, what else is there? The political bullshit is penetrating too many worksites. You're not supposed to deny people based on skin color, race, gender, age, disability, etc, or other personal biases. There is supposed to be diversity, right? Well, companies are doing the exact opposite.

I've been through this enough that I am now taking action and reporting it to EEOC and writing reviews all over Google, Yelp, their personal FB page and so on. Gotta teach these companies there is consequences to allowing feminists or 20 year old Social Justice Warriors control important aspects of their business.
So what was the discrimination? I don't see any description in your rant.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I've noticed the companies that follow this routine are defensive/scared to hire people and treat the whole thing like a marriage proposal rather than A JOB.

It is just a job!

The reason they have this routine in place is because they want it to be easier to cut you loose based on discrimination.

It sounds like their hiring practice worked. It is a marriage! They are going to see you more than they see their wives/husbands. They don't want to hang around with someone with your attitude. They have this routine because sh!theads can fake their way through a one hour interview or even a few phone calls, but most can't make it through a series of social interactions without showing their true colors.

What I don't understand is that are you saying that they wanted to hire you the whole time until you went in for your interview? Or are you saying that they didn't want to hire you and did this whole long process to basically say that they interview "minority" candidates?

It sounds like your attitude during the process may have been, "I got this, I've got all the qualifications and skills." and that usually doesn't go over well.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
In my limited experience as a management side attorney, the only folks who filed EEOC charges and made claims of retaliation and discrimination were employees who detracted (much) more value than they added and were, frankly, crazy. Those situations always seemed to us like pure extortion (e.g., we'll pay you $10k for your completely worthless claim to go away so we don't expend $100k in attorneys' fees fighting it.). Of course, I worked for a good company with good people who did not discriminate or retaliate.

Retaliation and discrimination are, of course, real problems sometimes and it is appropriate that we have laws agains them. I'm not pretending those things don't exist.

But I'm pretty darn sure they don't exist in this situation.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

You contradict yourself a few times here... there is too much political correctness but they are NOT making the effort to hire on diversity???

Which is it?

Personally you don’t sound like a good fit for a corporate position. Doesn’t mean you can’t excel in other areas but you probably have a personality type that they are purposely screening out.

I wouldn’t worry - I got denied a shelf packing position at a supermarket after I finished a four year degree because I didn’t have relevant experience lol.

But leaving bad reviews is childish and more likely to hurt your reputation than theirs.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I wouldn’t worry - I got denied a shelf packing position at a supermarket after I finished a four year degree because I didn’t have relevant experience

I got denied by Target for the same!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Nothing in your post hinted at discrimination, just a hiring process.

Is this about discrimination, or self image?

If you were denied employment and your performance or qualifications were not the issue, what else is there?

Attitude, confidence, agency, social ease, sense of humor, etc.

It might be the best thing for you that you didn't get the job there. It's probably not a fit. So don't look at yourself as a victim, and some government office as your messiah. You should be the protagonist in your own story, so go out and write it.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
No, just some piece of sh*t job.

a bunch of chickenshits.

Just to further elaborate, look at your words. You think the job is shit, beneath you. Anyone can see that. And you have no respect for the people. Maybe some of that is tainted by your experience after the fact, but all of it?

Was it a wonderful opportunity during the interview, but suddenly became a piece of shit job when you didn't get it?

Don't tie your self image to things like this. You can work any job, garbage collection, septic pumping, or whatever, and be a worthwhile person. Since you're a worthwhile person, job status or popularity don't matter, and it's a job other people need done.

If you want to "go fastlane" that's fine, but you and others who haven't done that yet are not diminished because you haven't reached your goals. Your work is not diminished. Your inner critic came out in this thread, and it's bleeding all over your experience of the world. Respect yourself, and respect your work.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Am I the only one who has no F*cking clue what this guy is talking about?

You weren't hired for a job because you're... black? white? a woman? mexican?

And what does that have to do with entrepreneurship?

Entrepreneurship is colorblind and nobody gives a shit except the market... and all the market cares about is if you can provide value.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
You contradict yourself a few times here... there is too much political correctness but they are NOT making the effort to hire on diversity???

Which is it?

Personally you don’t sound like a good fit for a corporate position. Doesn’t mean you can’t excel in other areas but you probably have a personality type that they are purposely screening out.

I wouldn’t worry - I got denied a shelf packing position at a supermarket after I finished a four year degree because I didn’t have relevant experience lol.

But leaving bad reviews is childish and more likely to hurt your reputation than theirs.
Reminds me of this even though this is the opposite:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJh5wdvdfVE

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
It is VERY hard to prove discrimination in a job interview. They don’t owe you a job for showing up to the interview, and as others have said maybe they just didn’t like you.

The EEOC going after companies does far more harm in the long run than good. For large companies it doesn’t matter, some petty lawsuit isn’t going to break them. But i’m guessing most of these large companies have very diversified work forces already. For small businesses the stress and financial impact of being sued can be huge.

I’ve known a couple people that have been sued for firing someone because (at least according to these people) the employees where terrible, then sued for discrimination because of some protected status.

The result of the suit, regardless of the outcome, was the same in both cases. They quit hiring people they perceived as high risk employee. At the end of the day, they are small businesses with less than 100 employees. But it still has a long lasting impact on others with similar demographics.

Likewise, the me 2 movement has had a chilling impact in a similar way. It’s easy enough for small businesses to op out of working with women because the risk to being taken down later by someone based on an accusation alone from 20 years ago, and you have no way to prove or disprove it. Some people see the easy way out to just hire all of like gender people.

I’m not saying this is right. I’m saying this is the unfortunate reality for many businesses today. I’m just glad I don’t hire anyone directly and don’t have to deal with the stress that employee issues bring.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You gotta love these companies that put you through this multilayered interview process. You know, emails having you answer personal questions, multiple phone interviews, then having you come in for a 2 hour "trial", before handing you a check and saying "we'll call you" like a bunch of chickenshits. You'd think you were being hired to the FBI or Secret Service. No, just some piece of sh*t job.

Where I come from, companies do have some biases in hiring based on racial and cultural stuff.

But I look at it for a good reason. If I were the owner of a Chinese herbal shop, most of my customers would be traditional Chinese, with probably not a few of them able to speak great English. And definitely they would be comfortable speaking with someone of their own race. So I might hire more native Chinese speakers.

I have ran into Mandarin-speaking Indians before, but they are just too much of a minority to be a considerable hiring pool for Chinese-speaking employees alone. And do they know Mandarin vocab on what to call the traditional roots and stuff?

For America, I don't think you'll see that situation happening though. Somehow a Western multi-racial country has differing contexts than an Asian one.

Am I the only one who has no f*cking clue what this guy is talking about?

You weren't hired for a job because you're... black? white? a woman? mexican?

And what does that have to do with entrepreneurship?

Entrepreneurship is colorblind and nobody gives a sh*t except the market... and all the market cares about is if you can provide value.
Well...anger can cloud the mind.

OP will have to take some time to cool down.

If the company he was trying to apply to really did have discrimination issues, it won't have gone unnoticed before he came by.

And some companies do have a filter to hire folks with certain favorable statuses, not out of bias, but because it supports how the company provides value, as I have written in the Chinese herb shop example above.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
It's difficult to take a pragmatic approach in the face of adversity or rejection. It's easy to jump to the conclusion of needing to justify why someone didn't choose you, when in reality it could be simply that they didn't like you, you weren't the right fit, or they simply had to choose between you and an equal prospective and the coin toss didn't go your way.

If you want future success, be it solo or as an employee the first thing you need to know, is that sometimes you don't need to know. Move on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.