The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affiliate Web Sites?

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Lately I've been getting more and more interested in affiliate web ventures. My reasons for this is because its 100% passive and there's no need for purchasing wholesale items or shipping them. This allows me to focus more on other ventures that I'd like to begin.

My question is, how exactly are these set-up? I came across www.Gifts.com. All of the products on this site are sold by seperate companies. Does Gifts.com inherit a commission fee from customers who buy these items through their web site? I think it would be wise to take the concept of an affiliate site like this, but create it for a niche market and then have a heavier guerilla marketing campaign.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Did you build the web site yourself? I'm just getting my feet wet in html and web design so I'm probably going to pay to have it built because I want it to look professional.

Did you read any books/visit any sites that helped you learn more about affiliate e-businesses?

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I use site build it. not only is it good for new/beginners but it also allows you
to utilize simple tools and more complex features and its adding stuff all the time.

check out their site - they have a free affiliate book download that's an easy read.

Joe

i have also followed folks like rosalind gardner and others. check out carbuyingtips.com - that is a super affiliate site that is a perfect example

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
check out carbuyingtips.com - that is a super affiliate site that is a perfect example

I get a dead link ... is that the right url?

EDIT: Now it works. The above site works because it loaded with content albeit, a wee-bit haphazardly and not just mindless links.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Don't be fooled into thinking this is a passive income source.. it actually requires an enormous amount of work and management.

There are a lot of out of the box solutions to get you set up.. so if you want to exclusively use Amazon.com's program you could buy a tool such as http://www.associate-o-matic.com/

If you want to start mixing lots of different programs together in a seamless site you, I think you would need a custom written application. If you are doing anything serious in this space you really should be a programmer or have one full time on staff.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Well my main goal is to have an e-business built by an outside web developer. I would personally sort through all of the items that I would want to sell and that fit with my niche, which is males from the ages 25-35. I guess from there I would supply the web developer all of the affiliate items that I want to offer my customers and then have the developer build the site with the items listed on the pages.

I've chosen this niche because I want to take on an aggressive marketing strategy and since I know this target market very well I think I have some fantastic marketing strategies for this future site.

I don't plan on programming this site myself because I would want it to look as professional as possible. I would want something similar to www.Gifts.com, but instead it would be 100% for the male market and I would sort the products by personalities, interests and item catergories.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.