The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AdWords Keyword Research

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought I'd get back into creating videos.

In this one I use the Google Keyword Planner to get some suggested keywords and their estimated search volumes. I then categorise them using a bit of Excel.

For the video creation, I just did a bit of editing where I was waiting for Excel to load etc. Otherwise it's quite easy for me to churn these out.

Hope it helps.

View: https://youtu.be/eoX7Bc_E7wg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Think you can turn on auto transcribed CC? I'll love to watch this video since I'm diving into researching keywords all over again for SEO and Adwords for my current project.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Think you can turn on auto transcribed CC? I'll love to watch this video since I'm diving into researching keywords all over again for SEO and Adwords for my current project.
OK, I'll work that out. You have any links explaining it? (I can dig them out later, just wondering if you found anything particularly helpful.)

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
This covers it pretty well... and so far the technology has been great for autotrascribing.

Use automatic captioning - YouTube Help

My videos have captioning the auto transcribing software doesn't work with ASL haha.. I have it because I type them in myself and youtube has a pretty good UI for adding captioning but it is time consuming .

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
I don't really believe in coincidences. I have been planning on using AdWords for the past couple of months. I wanted to get my other revenue streams fluid. Its been a few days since I've been on the forums. I planned on dedicating a good chunk of today to basics of AdWords came here with the intention of learning from you about AdWords. The first post of the forums is immediately what I am looking for.
Gotta love it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Chibbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jun 9, 2020
USA
Sorry to bump an old thread but is this still possible to do without setting up a campaign? Right now I can't seem to get past setting up a campaign and needing a website, etc.

Context: I'm looking to do search volume product validation before doing a landing page for my product concepts. Any help would be great!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Sorry to bump an old thread but is this still possible to do without setting up a campaign? Right now I can't seem to get past setting up a campaign and needing a website, etc.

Context: I'm looking to do search volume product validation before doing a landing page for my product concepts. Any help would be great!

Switch to expert mode.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

View: https://youtu.be/mLYH9OBd3J0

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
@Andy Black could you explain why it's important to categorize keywords like that? What's the next step that you would take?

I am assuming you are doing this to have a better understanding for what people are searching. Being able to craft relevant ads. Perhaps grouping campaigns? I am not sure if these categories are how you are going to extract the keywords and put them in different camapaigns or something.

I feel a little bit confused, but I'm pretty sure the method of yours is really useful. Thansk!

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
@Andy Black could you explain why it's important to categorize keywords like that? What's the next step that you would take?

I am assuming you are doing this to have a better understanding for what people are searching. Being able to craft relevant ads. Perhaps grouping campaigns? I am not sure if these categories are how you are going to extract the keywords and put them in different camapaigns or something.

I feel a little bit confused, but I'm pretty sure the method of yours is really useful. Thansk!

Stupid question. Sorry.

If anyone had the same one, here are the answers:

Andy explains it further: Categorising Keywords with MS-Excel

Pivot tables in 6 minutes:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu-AK0Hv0b4

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.