The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice for website runner in a third world country

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Hi all,

(Please excuse my poor English). I've been running my website for about 8 months now and I've seen major success. I have already found users and get thousands of traffic daily and it's still very much scalable. It is still not monetized because I'm using the WordPress free plan and have been bootstrapping to purchase a plan. But right before I bought the plan BOOM now I need 180 dollars to buy the pro plan which is the only plan now. It might not sound like a lot for first world country citizens but it's more than my college fees for two years.

So my question to the experienced people is:

1.) Are there any hosts like WordPress that allow google adwords for a cheaper price?

2.) How do you deal with the incredibly low cpc and cpm?

3.) How do you deal with most people using adblockers?

Please leave your thoughts below. If there something I'm doing wrong, please guide me and give me any tips. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Judging by the price you posted, you're trying to buy a hosting plan on wordpress.com. But what you actually need is the software from wordpress.org, which is the dashboard you use to administrate your site.

So, you'll have to do a backup of your current website and upload it to a new hosting. This is called a site migration, and here's a guide on how to do it. You might lose some of your traffic (depending on a lot of factors), but it's a price you'll have to pay eventually. Better now than in the future.

As for more affordable hosting, every hosting solution out there will let you install WordPress in 1-click. If you're super strapped for cash I recommend following this guide from Blackhatworld. A year's worth of hosting + a CDN will cost you $15. You can't do any better than that. Personally, I haven't tried the CDN, but the hosting works fine for starters.

You'll also need a domain, so add an extra $10. I recommend getting it from eiter namecheap or porkbun to get the best prices.

That's $25 for a full year of hosting on your own domain. Great to start and see if you can get some money from your website.

Other cheap hosting companies (i.e. Hostinger and Namecheap) will work just fine, and are still very affordable. You can expect to pay between $20 and $30 for a full year's hosting plan. Of course, performance won't be the best, but it's an upgrade from the free plan you're currently on.

Google Ads doesn't care about your hosting provider. As long as your website loads and follows Google's guidelines you're good to go.

Eventually, when your site starts making money, you can reinvest these profits into better hosting.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Judging by the price you posted, you're trying to buy a hosting plan on wordpress.com. But what you actually need is the software from wordpress.org, which is the dashboard you use to administrate your site.

So, you'll have to do a backup of your current website and upload it to a new hosting. This is called a site migration, and here's a guide on how to do it. You might lose some of your traffic (depending on a lot of factors), but it's a price you'll have to pay eventually. Better now than in the future.

As for more affordable hosting, every hosting solution out there will let you install WordPress in 1-click. If you're super strapped for cash I recommend following this guide from Blackhatworld. A year's worth of hosting + a CDN will cost you $15. You can't do any better than that. Personally, I haven't tried the CDN, but the hosting works fine for starters.

You'll also need a domain, so add an extra $10. I recommend getting it from eiter namecheap or porkbun to get the best prices.

That's $25 for a full year of hosting on your own domain. Great to start and see if you can get some money from your website.

Other cheap hosting companies (i.e. Hostinger and Namecheap) will work just fine, and are still very affordable. You can expect to pay between $20 and $30 for a full year's hosting plan. Of course, performance won't be the best, but it's an upgrade from the free plan you're currently on.

Google Ads doesn't care about your hosting provider. As long as your website loads and follows Google's guidelines you're good to go.

Eventually, when your site starts making money, you can reinvest these profits into better hosting.
Wow thank you so much for taking your time to write this. Weeks and weeks of googling did not give me the answers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.