The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BuT I LiVe In a ThIrD WoRlD CouNtrY ;( ;( ;(

Anything related to matters of the mind
A

Anon3x156

You live in a developing country?

You only make $300 a month even if you work full time?

You think it's too hard or impossible to escape the slow lane in a "third world" country?

Guess what?

WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN

You have to realize that nobody owes you anything.

Life doesn't owe you anything.

Your family doesn't owe you anything.

Your government doesn't owe you anything (they actually kind of do if they tax you, but you get the point).

Fast lane isn't about living in a developed country.

You can be in a developed country and still be in the slow lane.

You can be in a "third world" country and be a millionaire.

There are a million examples of successful people from developing countries that I could show you, but I need to go back to studying trigonometry.

Unless you live in North Korea (and even in that situation, there are examples of people who made it), or you have health issues that stop you from working, you should have no excuses.

You look at the $300 average monthly salary and see poverty and think you can't make it.
I see cheap labor that I can leverage to get rich.

an example for you: start making and selling some shit on Etsy to rich Americans (every American is rich compared to those who live in developing countries) who want to buy gifts for their relatives for Christmas, birthdays, Valentine's Day etc..

YOU WILL EARN MONEY IN DOLLARS and you can USE THAT MONEY TO HIRE PEOPLE IN YOUR COUNTRY AND SCALE YOUR BUSINESS.

YOU DON'T NEED 654 MILLION DOLLARS TO BREAK FREE. YOU CAN BREAK FREE WITH LESS THAN 250.000 DOLLARS IN MOST OF THESE DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE SMART WITH YOUR MONEY.

EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD BROKE, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO MAKE 1000 DOLLARS A MONTH.

IF AN AMERICAN STARTS SELLING ON ETSY AND MAKES A 1000 DOLLARS A MONTH, THEY WOULD THINK THAT THEY FAILED MISERABLY.
IF A PERSON FROM A DEVELOPING COUNTRY MAKES A 1000 DOLLARS A MONTH, THEY WOULD BE RICHER THAN MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN
THEIR COUNTRY AND THEY COULD LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE.

With 1000 dollars a month, you could live even in some small developed countries like Portugal or Estonia.
Stop looking for excuses and start looking for opportunities.

ALSO PLEASE ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN MOVE OUT. I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY, THERE ARE VISA REQUIREMENTS AND IT REQUIRES SOME MONEY, BUT IF YOU WANT IT ENOUGH, YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO DO IT.

I have a relative who used to work for around 400 dollars a month, he took every loan possible from different banks, he also took money from his relatives, spent around 30k dollars, and now he lives in a developed country.

Also, the terms "first world, second world, and third world" are outdated. They're from the Cold War era. They were used to represent the allies of the U.S and the allies of the Soviets. There are now countries that are "first world" but "developing" at the same time.

You should use "developing countries, developed countries and undeveloped countries"

Good luck.

p.s: I live in a developing country too. but I don't bitch about it. I used to tho.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada
Many people who have made it big had tough beginnings. One of my favorite success stories of all time is Manny Khoshbin's. He came to the USA from Iran, living in his car because his family had no money at the time. Now, he has the some of the world's most expensive exotics sitting in his garage and a massive real-estate portfolio because he never gave up. Truly inspirational.

A

Anon3x156

Many people who have made it big had tough beginnings. One of my favorite success stories of all time is Manny Khoshbin's. He came to the USA from Iran, living in his car because his family had no money at the time. Now, he has the some of the world's most expensive exotics sitting in his garage and a massive real-estate portfolio because he never gave up. Truly inspirational.
And there are tons of other examples like that!

But people will scream "Survivor Bias" when you mention them.
Yeah, it's survivor bias. Wtf you want us to do? Look at unsuccessful people and accept our fate?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Where can I read or hear more about his story?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

You think it's too hard or impossible to escape the slow lane in a "third world" country?

Guess what?

WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN

Your government doesn't owe you anything (they actually kind of do if they tax you, but you get the point).

There are a million examples of successful people from developing countries that I could show you, but I need to go back to studying trigonometry.

Unless you live in North Korea (and even in that situation, there are examples of people who made it), or you have health issues that stop you from working, you should have no excuses.

You look at the $300 average monthly salary and see poverty and think you can't make it.

an example for you: start making and selling some shit on Etsy to rich Americans (every American is rich compared to those who live in developing countries) who want to buy gifts for their relatives for Christmas, birthdays, Valentine's Day etc..

YOU WILL EARN MONEY IN DOLLARS and you can USE THAT MONEY TO HIRE PEOPLE IN YOUR COUNTRY AND SCALE YOUR BUSINESS.

YOU DON'T NEED 654 MILLION DOLLARS TO BREAK FREE. YOU CAN BREAK FREE WITH LESS THAN 250.000 DOLLARS IN MOST OF THESE DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE SMART WITH YOUR MONEY.

IF AN AMERICAN STARTS SELLING ON ETSY AND MAKES A 1000 DOLLARS A MONTH, THEY WOULD THINK THAT THEY FAILED MISERABLY.
IF A PERSON FROM A DEVELOPING COUNTRY MAKES A 1000 DOLLARS A MONTH, THEY WOULD BE RICHER THAN MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN

With 1000 dollars a month, you could live even in some small developed countries like Portugal or Estonia.

ALSO PLEASE ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN MOVE OUT. I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY, THERE ARE VISA REQUIREMENTS AND IT REQUIRES SOME MONEY, BUT IF YOU WANT IT ENOUGH, YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO DO IT.

I have a relative who used to work for around 400 dollars a month, he took every loan possible from different banks, he also took money from his relatives, spent around 30k dollars, and now he lives in a developed country.

Also, the terms "first world, second world, and third world" are outdated. They're from the Cold War era. They were used to represent the allies of the U.S and the allies of the Soviets. There are now countries that are "first world" but "developing" at the same time.

You should use "developing countries, developed countries and undeveloped countries"

Good luck.

p.s: I live in a developing country too. but I don't bitch about it. I used to tho.
China already has more millionaires and billionaires than the U.S. in absolute numbers, with an average of 13k USD GDP per capita. U.S. is around 70k usd GDP per cap.

By textbook definition, 10k USD per cap is the minimum req for qualifying for middle-income countries. In other words, China is barely 2nd world.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
We in the so called third world just have to shut the F*ck up and get out and do something. The more we do the better we get.
To be fair while they complain about their living conditions they aren't lazy.

In developing countries being hardworking is a necessary condition for survival.

I used to hire someone from the Philippines to play crypto games for my NFT. It is normal for them to hold 2-3 jobs.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

In developing countries being hardworking is a necessary condition for survival.

I used to hire someone from the Philippines to play crypto games for my NFT. It is normal for them to hold 2-3 jobs.
Many are hard working.

Many work at dead end jobs too.

Many use ineffective tools and methods too.

But we just need to keep working. With the Fastlane as principle guide.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022

Guess what?

WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN

Good luck.

Which country are you from?

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
611%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
I'm tired of people looking for pity & attention. I came here to avoid that mindset in my real life and learn some stuff cool and try to help and give my 2 cents to the tribe.

Life it's F*cking hard, but complaining is not a solution.

Awesome thread btw.

YOU CAN BREAK FREE WITH LESS THAN 250.000 DOLLARS

I wanna add some info:

- If you earn 1k per month, travel to 5 shitty countries and then apply for an American Visa. Its likely that they will give you a Visa.

- If you make less than 800$usd you can get a Digital Nomad Visa and live in Portugal. If you make 2500$usd per month, you can live in Spain, and so on... Research if you desired country has a similar visa.

- If you save between 125k$usd - 200k$usd you can buy a Citizenship in a Little Country called "St Kitts & Nevis"(you will have double citizenship and Strong Passport to travel Free wherever you want). Research "Citizenship by Investment"

- If you save 100k$usd, you can apply for an American Business Visa.

So, with only 100k$usd - 125k$usd you can buy your Freedom from the Shitpool. (Third world).

Even some shitty countries has their upsides... maybe it's a 3rd world but people speak English (Philippines and some India regions), or do you have more freedom and opportunities (Mexico & Chile).

For example, Ebay, Etsy, Medium, etc... are banned in my country. Do you have seen me crying? Hell No!

If I'm not allowed to make Ecommerce, POD, Copywritting, then I'm gonna do another business that I'm allowed to...

Im gonna die Free (and Financial Free) or Die trying... Not being a P*ssy.

Try, Fail, Look for Solutions, Learn and Repeat until you succeed.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Jan 14, 2023

If hard work were a prerequisite for wealth, most third-worlders would be among the richest. We work long hours, and juggle about four ventures, but have nothing to show for it because unfortunately, wealth is a product of smart thinking and smart working.

I am from a third-world country where nepotism rules the day. The road network is terrible, we only see planes in the sky, and apart from the lucky few who hold senior government positions and those who work for big corporations, health insurance is something we read on paper.

In the past, I used to think there was nothing one could do about this situation. However, since reading MJ's books and joining this forum, I have realized how lucky we in the third world are.

Firstly, there are so many things to leverage, the most vital of which is need (yes, people here are born consumers-the poor need food, firewood, charcoal, second-hand clothes, basic drugs like paracetamol and alcohol) and cheap labor.

For instance, buying food is no longer the preserve of those who stay in towns and sometimes people will accept food items in payment for manual labor. On my farm, people work for less than a dollar a day provided they get two meals.

I for one believe we are better off aiming at offline businesses than online ones because of bottlenecks like lack of electricity, poor roads, and internet connectivity.
The allure of earning in dollars sent me to upwork where I never got a single gig in 3 months. Meanwhile, I can get paid for raising local birds, and growing tomatoes.

My advice to those who are in developing countries is to leverage their capacity for hard work and start small, but with plans of eventually going big.

To put this in context, I am a secondary school teacher earning around $240 per month. I have land where I employ people and grow beans, bananas, maize, cassava, and coffee. To beat the low prices offered by traders to farmers, I now run a mini grocery where I sell my products directly to consumers. I also buy products for my shop at a cheaper price.

My USP is quality since I participate in the production. My end goal is to go into value addition through food processing, but first, I am learning what consumers prefer.

With this momentum, I see myself quitting my job in three years and writing poetry to my heart's content as cheap labor slaves on my farm and sells my food products.

Nice day.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If hard work were a prerequisite for wealth, most third-worlders would be among the richest. We work long hours, and juggle about four ventures, but have nothing to show for it because unfortunately, wealth is a product of smart thinking and smart working.

I am from a third-world country where nepotism rules the day. The road network is terrible, we only see planes in the sky, and apart from the lucky few who hold senior government positions and those who work for big corporations, health insurance is something we read on paper.

In the past, I used to think there was nothing one could do about this situation. However, since reading MJ's books and joining this forum, I have realized how lucky we in the third world are.

Firstly, there are so many things to leverage, the most vital of which is need (yes, people here are born consumers-the poor need food, firewood, charcoal, second-hand clothes, basic drugs like paracetamol and alcohol) and cheap labor.

For instance, buying food is no longer the preserve of those who stay in towns and sometimes people will accept food items in payment for manual labor. On my farm, people work for less than a dollar a day provided they get two meals.

I for one believe we are better off aiming at offline businesses than online ones because of bottlenecks like lack of electricity, poor roads, and internet connectivity.
The allure of earning in dollars sent me to upwork where I never got a single gig in 3 months. Meanwhile, I can get paid for raising local birds, and growing tomatoes.

My advice to those who are in developing countries is to leverage their capacity for hard work and start small, but with plans of eventually going big.

To put this in context, I am a secondary school teacher earning around $240 per month. I have land where I employ people and grow beans, bananas, maize, cassava, and coffee. To beat the low prices offered by traders to farmers, I now run a mini grocery where I sell my products directly to consumers. I also buy products for my shop at a cheaper price.

My USP is quality since I participate in the production. My end goal is to go into value addition through food processing, but first, I am learning what consumers prefer.

With this momentum, I see myself quitting my job in three years and writing poetry to my heart's content as cheap labor slaves on my farm and sells my food products.

Nice day.
I'm from Singapore a wealthy country. But We are positioned in a region where all other countries, except oil-rich Brunei, are developing countries.

So we have a first-hand account of seeing what is really the reality in developing countries.

In Singapore, the construction sector is filled with workers from Bangladesh who "on paper" work 12 x 6 hours per week in tropical weather outdoors wearing thick suits. Their meal mainly consists of curry and rice with very sparring animal protein if even there is any. 72 hours work hours per week is on paper because, in reality, the tight construction schedule means they have to always OT and they are happy to OT and get more pay. Their starting pay is about 500 SGD.

They don't complain much because they say what they are getting is heaven compared to at home.

If it really needs a lot of imagination to think about what is the "hell" at home.

I think appreciating the reality faced by 80% of the global world population can be a source of motivation for FLM members to work and push harder.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.