The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Action may not always bring happiness..."

Anything related to matters of the mind

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
"But there is no happiness without action."

Lately I've been living out this quote. A post made in the beginning on January got me thinking pretty hard. I find myself to be a pretty confident person, but even confidence itself cannot prepare someone to take action when they see opportunity. I saw myself sitting on the sidelines for a little while, so I decided to take action recently. What I discovered is that even taking action that isn't necessarily successful breeds more action. And once you continue to breed action you're bound to be successful at something.

Story #1: I've been focusing on start-up business lately because I came to the conclusion that real estate might not be in my near future. After struggling with my different start-up ideas, I came across the web site of my local REI club just by surfing around the net. I saw that they had a meeting on the 18th (yesterday) and I went. I ended up paying for the full year long membership and the next meeting is March 15th. The meeting itself was on 1031 Exchanges and I found it informative. I couldn't stay for the coffee/donuts after the guest speaker because I had to get home but I did meet a few other older investors. I'm probably the youngest member by fiften years and I'm hoping to make more friends next time.

Story #2: I graduated high school in January and have been taking college classes since. There's a girl in my management class who I thought was really cute. You don't really need to approach girls in high school because everyone knows everyone, so my initial reaction was to not make myself come off like a complete a** and make a move which would make it awkward for both of us. But then about two weeks into the course I decided I don't really care about failing and the reward outweighed whatever the worst case scenario is (a little awkwardness?). It kind of reminded me of that scene in Office Space where Peter Gibbons makes a move on Jennifer Aniston. But anyways, I began talking to her and ever since we've been hanging out.

Story #3: Not really a story, but I've found that start-up businesses are extremely emotion-draining - even just in the idea stage. I've been reading "Awaken the Entrepreneur Within" and "The Art of the Start" to stay optimistic which has helped me think clearer. I've also come to the realization that I'm going to have to risk my life savings ($5k) on a venture sooner or later, so why not just do it.

My conclusion: once you leave your comfort zone on a consistent basis, the uncomfortable becomes the norm.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.