The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A new marketing tool I'm using with ridiculous ROI

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Golden baby.

Just executed this 10mins ago... I already got two calls back and scheduled 2 estimates... Thats from sending out only 100 voicemails....

The cost of doing this is so cheap I can't imagine what I can achieve with a little scale being put to work.

I sent about 50 voicemails and got 3 calls back (so far)

3 new prospects are reaching out to me and it cost like $5!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
It's actually been around for awhile. I think everyone thinks the other person is going to ruin it so maybe that's why it's been on the down-low. :blank:

It has been around for at least 3 years, as far as I recall. Marketers are mostly introverts, so it won't saturate.

Same reason cold calling is still effective.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
I sent about 50 voicemails and got 3 calls back (so far)

3 new prospects are reaching out to me and it cost like $5!

Gonna try this out. Are you using on already contacted prospects? Or completely cold?

Is there a resource or tool for us to verify the phone numbers before we attempt, so as to not waste calls on inaccurate phone number from our list source.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I've tried door-to-door sales, door hangers, sending physical mail, email marketing, PPC ads, Facebook ads, cold calling, craigslist, etc...

All of it "kinda" works. It's either too expensive, too inefficient, too tedious, too something.

I have a lawn care company and I've been doing some real estate wholesaling (to stay busy in the winter). I've been using all sorts of advertising and it never worked as well as I wanted.

I recently came across a website that sends people a recorded voicemail that you make, except the person thinks it is an actual person who left a voicemail, not a robocall they have to listen to. It doesn't ring their phone, just leaves a voicemail and says "missed call" from whichever number you choose. It's called SlyBroadcast.

So I tried it. I paid for 100 voicemails for $10. I uploaded a couple lists. Some for real estate (people who had ugly homes). And some for people I wanted to sign up for lawn care (numbers in my zip code for women over 40 who have nice homes).

I recorded one message saying "I drove by your home and wanted to see if you'd be interested in selling it to me" and another saying "I signed up your neighbor for lawn care and offered them 20% off if someone on their street signed up too so they gave me your number, call me back and lets sign you up so I can take 20% off for both of you".

I got back tons of calls, made appointments and signed people up, and got leads for real estate deals.

It cost me $10.

Depending on where you get your numbers, you might have to pay for that part. But for me it was cheap.

That's a mind-numbing ROI...

It's scalable, efficient, and best of all, it is ACTIVE marketing. It's not sitting around waiting for responses, you can tell in a couple hours if it works or not.

Think about it. What do you do if you see a facebook ad? "meh". A google ad? "meh". A robocall? You hate them. Telemarketers? Burn em alive. Physical mailers? Straight to the garbage. Someone leaving a voicemail that sounds personal? You're actually going to listen to that. They listen on their own time and nearly every single person will give a voicemail their undivided attention if it sounds like a human with a real message.

And it costs $0.10 down to $0.06 each if you buy in bulk. It doesn't charge for undelivered messages either.

I can think of a ton of ways to use this to kick a$$ in sales.

Car sales? Get a list of people recently discharged from bankruptcy and send them a voicemail saying you can help them get a car loan. Or send voicemails to all previous customers.

Digital marketing agency? Search for local services and upload every phone number that doesn't have a website link on their google business result, same with craigslist services. Send them a voicemail that you can build them a website.

I remember cold calling people when I worked as a car salesman, I would rather just take that list, upload the numbers to a system, spend a few bucks and get way more results without bothering people and annoying them.

I found this because I'm lazy. I hate knocking on doors. I hate bothering people with a phone call. I hate having to compete with facebook ads that don't convert. I hate sending expensive mailers that are going to get tossed in the trash. Every time I do something that will never scale, I get angry. When I find something that will scale, I get excited.

I'm not a salesperson for SlyBroadcast, I've posted on here for my lawn care company before.

Check it out. To be safe you might want to run numbers through the do-not-call list.

I'm very happy I found this. I'm going to use it as my primary marketing tool if it continues to perform this well.
SlyBroadcast is one of several straight-to-voicemail broadcast services. Right now it's "seemingly" legal because of a loophole in the Do Not Call laws. Other marketers have promoted the shit out of these services and it's only a matter of time before they're banned. Enjoy the ride.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Gonna try this out. Are you using on already contacted prospects? Or completely cold?

Is there a resource or tool for us to verify the phone numbers before we attempt, so as to not waste calls on inaccurate phone number from our list source.

Thanks!

You only pay for successful messages. You get 100 voicemails and upload 100 numbers and only 50 of them send successfully, you still have 50 left.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It has been around for at least 3 years, as far as I recall. Marketers are mostly introverts, so it won't saturate.

Same reason cold calling is still effective.

I hate cold calls but I have no problem recording one single message and then pressing some buttons. It's easy.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
So these things personally annoy the F*ck out of me, I don't even listen to the vm's just instant delete.... but that being said, I've learned that I'm not a good litmus test for what actually works in the real world.

Where does one go about getting lists of numbers to spa- I mean, call & leave a message for?

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
So these things personally annoy the f*ck out of me, I don't even listen to the vm's just instant delete.... but that being said, I've learned that I'm not a good litmus test for what actually works in the real world.

Where does one go about getting lists of numbers to spa- I mean, call & leave a message for?

Try out Telephonelists, you can buy an entire zip code for 80 bucks.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I've tried door-to-door sales, door hangers, sending physical mail, email marketing, PPC ads, Facebook ads, cold calling, craigslist, etc...

All of it "kinda" works. It's either too expensive, too inefficient, too tedious, too something.

I have a lawn care company and I've been doing some real estate wholesaling (to stay busy in the winter). I've been using all sorts of advertising and it never worked as well as I wanted.

I recently came across a website that sends people a recorded voicemail that you make, except the person thinks it is an actual person who left a voicemail, not a robocall they have to listen to. It doesn't ring their phone, just leaves a voicemail and says "missed call" from whichever number you choose. It's called SlyBroadcast.

So I tried it. I paid for 100 voicemails for $10. I uploaded a couple lists. Some for real estate (people who had ugly homes). And some for people I wanted to sign up for lawn care (numbers in my zip code for women over 40 who have nice homes).

I recorded one message saying "I drove by your home and wanted to see if you'd be interested in selling it to me" and another saying "I signed up your neighbor for lawn care and offered them 20% off if someone on their street signed up too so they gave me your number, call me back and lets sign you up so I can take 20% off for both of you".

I got back tons of calls, made appointments and signed people up, and got leads for real estate deals.

It cost me $10.

Depending on where you get your numbers, you might have to pay for that part. But for me it was cheap.

It's scalable, efficient, and best of all, it is ACTIVE marketing. It's not sitting around waiting for responses, you can tell in a couple hours if it works or not.

Think about it. What do you do if you see a facebook ad? "meh". A google ad? "meh". A robocall? You hate them. Telemarketers? Burn em alive. Physical mailers? Straight to the garbage. Someone leaving a voicemail that sounds personal? You're actually going to listen to that. They listen on their own time and nearly every single person will give a voicemail their undivided attention if it sounds like a human with a real message.

And it costs $0.10 down to $0.06 each if you buy in bulk. It doesn't charge for undelivered messages either.

Car sales? Get a list of people recently discharged from bankruptcy and send them a voicemail saying you can help them get a car loan. Or send voicemails to all previous customers.

Digital marketing agency? Search for local services and upload every phone number that doesn't have a website link on their google business result, same with craigslist services. Send them a voicemail that you can build them a website.

I remember cold calling people when I worked as a car salesman, I would rather just take that list, upload the numbers to a system, spend a few bucks and get way more results without bothering people and annoying them.

I found this because I'm lazy. I hate knocking on doors. I hate bothering people with a phone call. I hate having to compete with facebook ads that don't convert. I hate sending expensive mailers that are going to get tossed in the trash. Every time I do something that will never scale, I get angry. When I find something that will scale, I get excited.

I'm not a salesperson for SlyBroadcast, I've posted on here for my lawn care company before.

Check it out. To be safe you might want to run numbers through the do-not-call list.

I'm very happy I found this. I'm going to use it as my primary marketing tool if it continues to perform this well.
The other caveat with this technology is that it works better with cell phones than landlines. So for B2B marketing, it's going to be more effective reaching small biz owners who use their cell phone as their main contact number - typically service businesses, contractors, etc.

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
This is interesting and well-timed.

I got ahold of a list of 17,800 registered contractors in the state of Iowa (from a public records request). They released their names, addresses, phone numbers, and even email addresses to me in one excel spreadsheet. I got it for a friend as a favor but he didn’t end up needing it.

Anyway, now, I just need something to sell to contractors and I can use the numbers on my list along with slybroadcast. :)

Thanks!

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know of a service that will append phone numbers to a list of addresses that you upload? It makes sense that might be a missing piece of the puzzle for folks who have a list of addresses and want to know the phone numbers associated with those addresses.

Does anyone know of a service that will allow you to upload a list of phone numbers then it tells you which ones are landlines and which ones are cell phones? This might help save time for those who want to target cell phones only.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Don't forget..... make sure the service you choose to use does NOT ring the phone at all, not even a ding. If it dings the phone at all, it is not legal under certain circumstances. I think the company Johnny Boy mentioned does it legally.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know of a service that will append phone numbers to a list of addresses that you upload? It makes sense that might be a missing piece of the puzzle for folks who have a list of addresses and want to know the phone numbers associated with those addresses.

Does anyone know of a service that will allow you to upload a list of phone numbers then it tells you which ones are landlines and which ones are cell phones? This might help save time for those who want to target cell phones only.

Skip tracing services provide phone numbers for addresses if you have it formatted correctly. I use this for real estate. They need (First name, last name, street address, city, state, zip) all in their own boxes in an excel spreadsheet. You can get phone numbers for these people for .30 each. I use needtoskip.com and upload the file to their site and get numbers back in less than 2 days sometimes 1.

floridaman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Dec 28, 2018
Orlando, FL

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I was looking at this a few months ago for use in real estate, but in Florida it's illegal as of last year :bored:

I see that there are even attorneys focused on going after people using this tactic now, so be careful.
Ringless Voicemail Notifications? Receive $500 to $1500 Per Voicemail

Bummer, I liked this delivery mechanism.

You can filter numbers through the DNC, and it's still going to be a while until it's a problem in all states. AND, I have no problem finding loopholes such as using foreign companies when it does become illegal for any reason. I haven't ran into anyone getting mad about the messages because they sound personal, are highly focused, and are an offer to help the person.

edit: I think I might have my buddy report my number to see how they track me down so I can avoid leaving traces or how I can avoid anything sticking in court.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I wonder how long before marketers ruin it...

I had a local real estate agent run this one me once. She kept dropping voicemails on me and I had no clue how she was doing it.

Same BS line "I have you on a list for people I needed to follow up on.. blah blah blah.. give me a call" I wasn't selling or buying either. After the third time, I called back tore her a new one since I had texted the line several times to take me off the list.

If you keep spamming it, it gets annoying really quick.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Decided to run a test to verify it doesn't ring the phone - and it does. I have good cell service + connected to wifi - which may be affecting it. The phone might not have rung if my signal strength was low enough to not immediately catch the call.

It was half a ring from an unknown number and then <60 seconds later, a voicemail from the number I selected to show. I tested it on 2 different cell phones.

If @minivanman is right about the legal part of it, could be very risky.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Decided to run a test to verify it doesn't ring the phone - and it does. I have good cell service + connected to wifi - which may be affecting it. The phone might not have rung if my signal strength was low enough to not immediately catch the call.

It was half a ring from an unknown number and then <60 seconds later, a voicemail from the number I selected to show. I tested it on 2 different cell phones.

If @minivanman is right about the legal part of it, could be very risky.

No, it either drops it in the box or it rings. It doesn't have anything to do with strong service.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
No, it either drops it in the box or it rings. It doesn't have anything to do with strong service.
Got ya.

I'll only speak for T-Mobile - there have been times when someone will call me and if my signal strength is low, it will ring on their end for 5-10 seconds before ringing my phone at all.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This tech has been around for a long time. I remember looking at it way back in my mortgage brokerage days (20+ years ago). Waaaay more expensive back then. Might be good to use when reaching out to potential retailers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread moved to GOLD, some actionable stuff!!

Question is, how long does it remain actionable before it becomes a saturated technique, only to become a guru strategy of past marketing tactics that no longer work?

Thanks @Johnny boy - Rep+!!!

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville

It cost me $10.

I know some real estate people use this. I think it's also been called SlyDial in the past. It's great for targeting specific neighborhoods to a specific demographic. I know of a real estate brokerage here that is using it to leave messages on agents' phones to invite them to recruiting seminars (where they try to recruit them to their brokerage).

I hate cold calling. Tried it a few times but it sucks for me. I like to talk to people too much on the phone so I'm very inefficient at it. A 3 minute conversation always turns into a 15 minute one. Maybe it's a southern thing. But I like this tool because it's use of leverage and saving time. More people should use it in their business to get the word out on an offer. It doesn't ring your phone but you automatically get a voicemail and most people will check their voicemail.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
I think we should setup a SlyBroadcast promo code for the Fastlane Forum and get a discount for all Fastlaners that sign up. We are giving them some free marketing on here.

Take it on. Reach out to them?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Damn, where's @IceCreamKid -- this stuff is right up his alley!

I think we should setup a SlyBroadcast promo code for the Fastlane Forum and get a discount for all Fastlaners that sign up. We are giving them some free marketing on here.

Doesn't look like it's available as an affiliate program. :hilarious:

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,190%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Damn, where's @IceCreamKid -- this stuff is right up his alley!

I've been using Slydial to leave voicemails for clients 1 week after their appointment just to say the usual, "Thanks for your business. If there's anything you need I'm here for you".

I've never heard of SlyBroadcast and am not sure if they're affiliated with Slydial, but I'll give the OP's strategy a go next week. I feel a bit nervous because this feels like borderline spamming people, but I suspect people don't mind voicemails nearly as much as robocalls.

Off topic, but for you offline guys looking for new channels for marketing...give Google Local Services a shot. It didn't work out for my niche, but I've heard it working way better in other niches resulting in a lot of $$$ saved vs their former Google AdWords campaigns.

fdolas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2019
I've been using Slydial to leave voicemails for clients 1 week after their appointment just to say the usual, "Thanks for your business. If there's anything you need I'm here for you".

I've never heard of SlyBroadcast and am not sure if they're affiliated with Slydial, but I'll give the OP's strategy a go next week. I feel a bit nervous because this feels like borderline spamming people, but I suspect people don't mind voicemails nearly as much as robocalls.

Off topic, but for you offline guys looking for new channels for marketing...give Google Local Services a shot. It didn't work out for my niche, but I've heard it working way better in other niches resulting in a lot of $$$ saved vs their former Google AdWords campaigns.

Thank you for the Google Local Services tip. Looks like a great if your business provides one of the approved services. Mine doesn't fit but hopefully they'll expand it in the future.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Witnessed the dark side of this today.

Someone left a blank voicemail from a local number.

It's fairly common for me to get silent voicemails, as the person on the other line will just call back, text, do something else. Whatever.

First thought was "Huh! I wonder who that was."

*click*

"...blah blah blah blah blah HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT."

I wasn't even a qualified lead. Just curious who called.

Ah ffs...

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Well, just tested in on my phone and it rang. Twice. Two missed restricted calls.

Will still use it for B2B either later in the evening or early in the morning.

rrW1Gej.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.