The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Things to Do if You Don’t Want to Be a Millionaire

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Someone else posted a pic of coworker's list about tv shows they watch, but I just saw same thing on my fb...dont worry, I was only taking a break from working :) anyhow, someone showed a note of 10-15 shows saying it would be an exciting September for all the shows they can dvr. :eyerollllll

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
2. Eat junk food.
Junk food – the second leading source of America’s obesity rate. Junk food will make you feel tired, fatigued, and depressed. It may give you small periods of pleasure and energy, but it won’t do much in the long run. It will rob you of your energy – energy you need to learn how to become a millionaire. It keeps you from being productive and healthy. Most of all, it decreases your life span.
Thank you for posting this.

Rep speed coming your way.

I am looking at this list and I see that none of those other negative things apply to me anymore...except the junk food one. This is one of those 'wake up' moments...lets see how quickly I can overcome that habit.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
@AndrewNC

For me, it was two things that helped 'flip the switch' easily.

1) You're a man. I'm a man. Men are lazy. Men don't like to cook. So cook what you can in 'bulk' where-ever possible, you can cook chicken fillets and make delicious salads and have that in your fridge for 3-4 days.

2) Eat way more when eating healthy stuff. When you are eating healthy, non-fast-food, non empty-carb (or low-carb) you need to simply eat more, because there aren't so many calories in the healthier foods. Calories are not the enemy. Empty carbs are the enemy, because they result in high blood sugar, resulting in insulin spikes and therefore grogginess/tiredness. (Along with sweeteners that are downright neurologically addictive.)

Oh, and a tip my mother told me when I asked her about things I should keep in mind at university:

'Never make ANY decisions regarding ANYTHING if you are hungry.' Even when that decision is to go to a local McDonalds or order Kebab. All decisions should be pre-programmed by the rested, fed, motivated and clear brain.

Now I eat healthy and it's not 'rah rah' hard-work. Because I do not allow myself to go hungry and therefore start thinking silly.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@AndrewNC

Oh, and a tip my mother told me when I asked her about things I should keep in mind at university:

'Never make ANY decisions regarding ANYTHING if you are hungry.' Even when that decision is to go to a local McDonalds or order Kebab. All decisions should be pre-programmed by the rested, fed, motivated and clear brain.

Now I eat healthy and it's not 'rah rah' hard-work. Because I do not allow myself to go hungry and therefore start thinking silly.

This is actually really interesting, and it is probably the reason why i make bad food choices now a days constantly. I stay so focused i forget about being hungry.

But when i slow down, i am then starving... and guess what... I want to get the fastest best tasting thing i can get. If you are starving, you wont take the time to cook, or go get a meal that takes a bit to be cooked cause you need food NOW, not 20 minutes from now.

VERY VERY interesting thought! Rep + to that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1) You're a man. I'm a man. Men are lazy. Men don't like to cook. So cook what you can in 'bulk' where-ever possible, you can cook chicken fillets and make delicious salads and have that in your fridge for 3-4 days.

This is basically a secret amongst the fitness folks. Meal prep your shit once a week and after a month or so, you will be amazed at the results.
Meal prep looks like this:

tumblr_mrflixXw7c1r2zyogo1_500.jpg

Some of you may have witnessed @snowbank 's fitness transformation on FB. The default thinking was probably "wow, he must have been at the gym 7 days a week!" -- actually, the gym is just a small part of it-- 70% of it is meal prep and proper nutritional macros.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This is basically a secret amongst the fitness folks. Meal prep your shit once a week and after a month or so, you will be amazed at the results.

Some of you may have witnessed @snowbank 's fitness transformation on FB. The default thinking was probably "wow, he must have been at the gym 7 days a week!" -- actually, the gym is just a small part of it-- 70% of it is meal prep and proper nutritional macros.

Just started doing meal prep this past week. It makes a HUUUUGE difference!

My biggest struggle has been lunch. It's in the middle of busy and hectic work days and just don't want to take the time to make a proper meal and sometimes I veer off the path because of this. Last week was searching for a solution to this, came across a thread right here on the forum which lead me to some great youtube videos.

FYI, I've lost 50 lbs with 30-35 lbs more to go. This should really take my weight loss to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So much great info here...

@MJ DeMarco + @AllenCrawley - Do you keep your food in the refrigerator for the whole week, or does some go in the freezer to be taken out halfway through?

@LightHouse - One thing that I notice helped me in the last couple of days is if I sloooowwww down my eating of the food. As I am eating it, I am just imagining the nutrients enter my body as I chew, and as it's in my stomach, just imagine and feel the whole process.

By doing this, I changed from 'eating for enjoyment' to eating for life...

@Formless - thanks for the info! rep transferred

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@AllenCrawley - Do you keep your food in the refrigerator for the whole week, or does some go in the freezer to be taken out halfway through?

A couple of the meals are placed in the freezer if I think they won't keep in the fridge until the end of the week.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Meal prep is something I need to start doing. The eating junk food hit home with me. I spend a lot of time out of the house and often find myself grabbing a hoagie just for convenience sake.

Also if anyone's interested in seeing a bunch of people lying to themselves about what's healthy, pick up the bad habit of going to Subway often. You wouldn't believe the people that think they're making a smart choice simply based on the location of the food they purchase- "Oh I'm eating healthy.... what's that? Yes, I want a foot long Philly cheesesteak hoagie on white."

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@LightHouse - One thing that I notice helped me in the last couple of days is if I sloooowwww down my eating of the food. As I am eating it, I am just imagining the nutrients enter my body as I chew, and as it's in my stomach, just imagine and feel the whole process.

By doing this, I changed from 'eating for enjoyment' to eating for life...

So I have an issue keeping weight on, although eating so terribly latley i haven't slid too far. My issue is the eating bad starts a terrible cycle of low energy, low motivation, bad sleep, etc.

I used to do Sunday meal preps, but i just don't anymore. I don't even have a good excuse besides the fact that it's uninteresting to me to spend 2 hours cooking on a sunday night.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K

Calories consumed dictates weight loss/weight gained
Macros (Protein/fats/carbs) dictate body composition of the weight loss/gain.
Micros dictate health

Just because you eat ''healthy'' doesn't necessary equate to weight loss. you can eat 10k calories of the food shown above and you will still gain weight. I'm only saying this because the pic shown above is an absolutely toxic way of life.

He has zero fat in that diet. fat fuels testosterone. It is essential. without it...say goodbye to your sex drive, well being, health etc.

So why is he eating that? easy, he is on steroids. they don't need testosterone since they inject it everyday. I've spent years delving into this world, i can make a thread on fitness you guys like. I'll cover everything and you will see how painfully simple it is. 99% of everything you read/buy is complete shit.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you keep your food in the refrigerator for the whole week, or does some go in the freezer to be taken out halfway through?

Fridge. Making a large salad and throwing it in a plastic bag without air is also a good tip for having a daily salad. Salads are a pain to make.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm only saying this because the pic shown above is an absolutely toxic way of life.

I just threw up the first picture I saw on a Google image search for meal prep. I'm not explicitly saying "eat what's in this picture". :sour:

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
I just threw up the first picture I saw on a Google image search for meal prep. I'm not explicitly saying "eat what's in this picture". :sour:

I know. but it still has to be said. meal prepping is fantastic. but I wouldn't want anyone to think that picture is what you should do.

D

DeletedUser394

Decent post.

However, I'm really surprised that a thread marked 'Gold' has no quoted source for the original content. Without the source, it's in effect plagiarism/IP theft.

I mean, even the picture is a carbon copy...

I'm sure MJ or any other author would not appreciate having their intellectual property spread (technically stolen) without getting any credit for their work.

Full credit goes to: http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
However, I'm really surprised that a thread marked 'Gold' has no quoted source for the original content.

I was under the impression (as probably everyone else) that the original author @FastLaner007 wrote it. How sad that he just copied it and didn't even attribute it. Unless that is the OP actually owns that website. My book is recommended on there so that's possible.

Thread edited.

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser394

Unless that is the OP actually own that website. My book is recommended on there so that's possible.

Hate to be 'that guy', but I highly doubt it, unless OP is also the Chairman of JetBlue, because the latest thread started by OP back in May is a condensed carbon copy (again unattributed) to an article posted months earlier by the Chairman of that airline. The post starts as if he was writing in the first person.. because the Original author wrote it that way.

I'm feeling under the weather today.. got my internet sleuth going on to pass the time haha.

Doesn't at all detract from the great information in both posts, but on ethical (and possibly legal?) grounds fellow entrepreneurs should respect each other's rights with regards to property and all that jazz.. So that's an important lesson for anyone that may be unaware. (including OP)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I have a confession..

I spent almost a week doing nothing but watching Breaking Bad to finish.

This was a year ago before I started actively fastlaning.

I've been clean and sober since ;)

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
I have a confession..

I spent almost a week doing nothing but watching Breaking Bad to finish.

This was a year ago before I started actively fastlaning.

I've been clean and sober since ;)

Yeah I did the same for a week too. You have to admit it's a good series though really enjoyed it :p.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah I did the same for a week too. You have to admit it's a good series though really enjoyed it :p.
I did it back in early December of last year.

I have no shame and no regrets about it.

o_O

Breaking Bad is a bucket list item.

:cool:

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Actually I had started watching it years ago when it first started, and I stopped, then I watched it sporadically over the years, maybe a couple episodes a season, and I loved the show but I could never stick to watching it until last fall.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
As a lover of videogames since I was 4,I decided to quit gaming and watching TV. Now, I'm focus on improving myself through self-education.Lol I was once a lazy college student who hates studying.

Video games are tough for me too man. I love the worst kind... RPGs. I used to always justify it as a way to relax while still stimulating my brain... which is bullshit. It's an escape.

I started a heavy workout routine, healthy eating (not meal prep but it looks like I should consider it), and found that the energy I had couldn't be contained by video games any longer. A common theme I see on the threads is start with the body to fix the mind and I think it couldn't be more true!

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Both coasts. The west now.
I usually tell people that books are like TV, except no commercials and you might learn things.
(Granted there are some educational programs out there, only reason I wanted cable as a child was to watch Discovery Channel)

I haven't owned a TV in years, and in the rare events that I stream something I will read the reviews beforehand to see if it is even worth it.

Maybe that's weird.

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Got rid of the cable over 3 months ago now and kept the cable boxes in case I missed it too much.
Decided yesterday to sell them, as we don't miss it one bit. Very rare we get to sit down until 9.00 anyway, then we are in bed for 10.00, to be up for 5.30 anyway.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I don't watch TV, but I will never give up watching football. Ever. I'll make cuts somewhere else in my life, but during the fall, king football is pretty high on my list.

:blackalien:

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
@AndrewNC @LightHouse @AllenCrawley @MJ DeMarco
You guys ever tried/heard of Soylent?

http://www.soylent.me/

Started on Kickstarer a while back, finally got my month's supply a few weeks ago. Haven't switched completely over yet, but it's a GREAT way to skip at least breakfast and lunch.

Watch the video and it will explain, costs about $3/meal as well so very cheap.

Will post back if/when I switch entirely over.

Dave

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014

http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Just read these 7 pointers to being the opposite of Fastlane and wanted to share it here immediately to steer off all those who might by mistake be on the wrong track. MJ touched almost each of these points in greater detail in TMF .

unproductive-days.jpg

1. Watch TV.

Watching TV will almost always guarantee your failure in becoming a millionaire. Unless there’s a channel dedicated to teaching you in becoming a millionaire, you’re more likely to buy a Wendy’s sandwich or a Snuggie. TV is one of the largest sources of non-productiveness and America’s obesity rate. All TV does is provide short episodes of entertainment and commercials. If you wanted to find entertainment, you could find higher qualities of it in other mediums like friends or backyard BBQ’s. You have little control in the types of entertainment to watch; if you wanted to watch something else on TV, you would have to find another channel. Meanwhile on the Internet, if you wanted to find something funny to watch, you could do a Google search and find 1,654,000,000 choices to pick from. Anyway, why look for entertainment when you could look for information on becoming a millionaire?

2. Eat junk food.
Junk food – the second leading source of America’s obesity rate. Junk food will make you feel tired, fatigued, and depressed. It may give you small periods of pleasure and energy, but it won’t do much in the long run. It will rob you of your energy – energy you need to learn how to become a millionaire. It keeps you from being productive and healthy. Most of all, it decreases your life span.

3. Become “popular”.
Nowadays, kids do so much just to try and gain attention and love. They want to be the “popular” ones. They want to be noticed, cared for, loved. They want to be in a group that accepts them for who they are – or who they try to be. They do such radical things just to try and be popular. Adults are not all that different. They want to gain acceptance from their friends, believing if they don’t, they’ll be friendless and outcasted. People hate being outcasted. But millionaires don’t care about being outcasted. In fact, they’re actually the ones being outcasted. They don’t care what others think, which gives them the determination and commitment to follow their dreams, regardless of what others are thinking or saying.

4. Buy a new car.
If you don’t want to become a millionaire, buy things. Buy lot’s of things. Buy things that won’t even help you or make a difference in your life. Buy extra junk food, the latest technology, a new car, new clothes, etc. Buy everything and anything you can with the income you’re making right now. In fact, go ahead and just make a wishlist of things you want to buy. Then when you get your paycheck, go down your list and buy as many things you can with the money you got.

5. Complain.
Complain about how bad your day is. Talk about how your boss hates you. Discuss how bad your life is. Get mad at the person who cut you off this morning. Announce your distaste for your job and your current situation. Complain how you can never get enough time for yourself. Complain how you can never have enough of what you want. Complain how you can never get what you want.

6. Blame the world.
Blame the world for allowing you to experience the negative situations you’re in. Blame your family for making you late to work. Blame everyone and everything else in the world except yourself for the things you have in your life right now. When you get a bad grade on your test, blame your teacher and explain how he or she can’t teach. When you can’t get a decent job, blame the economy. When something bad happens to you, blame something or someone else.

7. Make excuses.
Try to justify your mistakes and wrongdoings. When you get in trouble, do thing #6 and blame someone else.

http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Love it - great post! Thanks!

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.