• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

GOLD 7 Things to Do if You Don’t Want to Be a Millionaire

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by FastLaner007, Mar 25, 2014.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. FastLaner007

FastLaner007 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,213

http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Just read these 7 pointers to being the opposite of Fastlane and wanted to share it here immediately to steer off all those who might by mistake be on the wrong track. MJ touched almost each of these points in greater detail in TMF.

[​IMG]

1. Watch TV.

Watching TV will almost always guarantee your failure in becoming a millionaire. Unless there’s a channel dedicated to teaching you in becoming a millionaire, you’re more likely to buy a Wendy’s sandwich or a Snuggie. TV is one of the largest sources of non-productiveness and America’s obesity rate. All TV does is provide short episodes of entertainment and commercials. If you wanted to find entertainment, you could find higher qualities of it in other mediums like friends or backyard BBQ’s. You have little control in the types of entertainment to watch; if you wanted to watch something else on TV, you would have to find another channel. Meanwhile on the Internet, if you wanted to find something funny to watch, you could do a Google search and find 1,654,000,000 choices to pick from. Anyway, why look for entertainment when you could look for information on becoming a millionaire?

2. Eat junk food.
    Junk food – the second leading source of America’s obesity rate. Junk food will make you feel tired, fatigued, and depressed. It may give you small periods of pleasure and energy, but it won’t do much in the long run. It will rob you of your energy – energy you need to learn how to become a millionaire. It keeps you from being productive and healthy. Most of all, it decreases your life span.

3. Become “popular”.
    Nowadays, kids do so much just to try and gain attention and love. They want to be the “popular” ones. They want to be noticed, cared for, loved. They want to be in a group that accepts them for who they are – or who they try to be. They do such radical things just to try and be popular. Adults are not all that different. They want to gain acceptance from their friends, believing if they don’t, they’ll be friendless and outcasted. People hate being outcasted. But millionaires don’t care about being outcasted. In fact, they’re actually the ones being outcasted. They don’t care what others think, which gives them the determination and commitment to follow their dreams, regardless of what others are thinking or saying.

4. Buy a new car.
    If you don’t want to become a millionaire, buy things. Buy lot’s of things. Buy things that won’t even help you or make a difference in your life. Buy extra junk food, the latest technology, a new car, new clothes, etc. Buy everything and anything you can with the income you’re making right now. In fact, go ahead and just make a wishlist of things you want to buy. Then when you get your paycheck, go down your list and buy as many things you can with the money you got.

5. Complain.
    Complain about how bad your day is. Talk about how your boss hates you. Discuss how bad your life is. Get mad at the person who cut you off this morning. Announce your distaste for your job and your current situation. Complain how you can never get enough time for yourself. Complain how you can never have enough of what you want. Complain how you can never get what you want.

6. Blame the world.
    Blame the world for allowing you to experience the negative situations you’re in. Blame your family for making you late to work. Blame everyone and everything else in the world except yourself for the things you have in your life right now. When you get a bad grade on your test, blame your teacher and explain how he or she can’t teach. When you can’t get a decent job, blame the economy. When something bad happens to you, blame something or someone else.

7. Make excuses.
    Try to justify your mistakes and wrongdoings. When you get in trouble, do thing #6 and blame someone else.

http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  2. IAmTheJeff

IAmTheJeff Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,825
    This is high quality advice. SIDEWALKER4LYFE!!! :)

JahvonCreamCone and FastLaner007 like this.
  3. FastLaner007

Rep Bank:
    $1,213
    This gotta be a sidewalker's number plate if you will man. :D

BaraQueenbee and IAmTheJeff like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $203,441
    Admin Post
    Agree with all of it. Rep dispensed. Sharing on FB!

400365_10150492623066299_1086733677_n.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  5. FastLaner007

Rep Bank:
    $1,213
    Thanks a ton for chiming in, Sir. It's a privilege having your personal input in my thread. As a side note, this is the very first time I received a like from you as well. Now can't wait for receiving likes from the other great ones here. :D

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    InitialX likes this.
  6. mars

mars Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $542
    LOL. I read the first one and turned my TV off and picked my book back up. First time with in on in weeks, but this was right on time. Thank you!

7. Kevin90

Kevin90 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $197
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.

FastLaner007 likes this.
  8. AdrianN

AdrianN Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $251
    I overcame 1 through 6. However I find myself stuck from times to times with number 7. Great post.

FastLaner007 likes this.
  9. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $35,329
    Love it..
    While reading it, it also struck me how you (almost) never see any of these "traits" in posts around the forum here, which is a good sign. :)

PureA, Kingmaker, SteveO and 3 others like this.
  10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $203,441
    Admin Post
    Our worst offense is Fantasy Football.

Happy that we never see "Hey, did you see Breaking Bad last week!!? OMG!" around here.

Never watched ONE episode.

Now as for The Profit? Shark Tank? Yup. We guilty!

11. IAmTheJeff

Rep Bank:
    $2,825
    Shark Tank is THE ONLY show that I watch regularly. Gotta love that Mark Cuban!

12. fishnukin

fishnukin New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $98
    Love the content that you shared about the 7 things!

I've been making a lot of excuses most of my life and now is the time to over come it and have NO EXCUSES no matter what.

IAmTheJeff likes this.
  13. MisterBHZ

MisterBHZ Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,497
    List is spot on. From what I've experienced, everyone that watches endless hours of TV and make excuses aren't that successful.

I do watch TV though but its reality shows with successful entrepreneurs: Pawn Stars, Counting Cars & The Profit.

mrstackhouse and needchaser like this.
  14. raynoldcj

raynoldcj New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $109
    Awesome post, watching TV is probably the hardest habit to get rid of.lol;)

mrstackhouse likes this.
  15. jacob montemayor

jacob montemayor New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $126
    ... i totally agree with this... guilty of doing some of it :)

but now im happy to get pass through from all of this!

FastLaner007 likes this.
  16. IAmTheJeff

Rep Bank:
    $2,825
    Nooooo! Even if everyone else in the house is watching TV, I just get on to reading or researching. I don't care which teen mom is pregnant again, or how drunk everyone in the "house" is, so I just ignore it. I'm ESPECIALLY opposed to news related shows. Nothing is more depressing than story after story about how my tax dollars are being squandered (or will be) by some high profile slowlane jackasses.

stephbauer, Lemerand, Matt33 and 3 others like this.
  17. raynoldcj

raynoldcj New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $109
    Agreed. I'm usually guilty of watching the news. hahah. When I watch TV, usually it's a good programmes on Discovery or History channel.

FastLaner007 and IAmTheJeff like this.
  18. BlakeIC

BlakeIC I SUCCEED in EVERYTHING I put my mind to Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,379
    Never watches TV crew i cant stand sitting there wasting my time, i rarely watch things on netflix/shark tank

Tommy92l and FastLaner007 like this.
  19. Darius

Darius Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,972
    I did number #4 hahaha.

Been thinking about getting rid of it. Lesson learned!

GravyBoat and raynoldcj like this.
  20. HappyFighter

HappyFighter Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $637
    Nice list. I just want to add that complaining at people who are complainers is a form of complaining, too.

Grok and VegasMan like this.
  21. StayPositive

StayPositive Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,173
    Nice content!

When I moved to the new place, I didn't even buy a TV and it was a great decision. It was not about the money or space, but about time. People still keep asking me - "what do you do in the evenings"? LOL.

InitialX, Kingmaker, FastMig and 2 others like this.
  22. beatgoezon

beatgoezon Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,108
    Great advice bud, there's still quite a bit of self-disipline I need to work on

23. Goobii

Goobii Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $932
    Awesome post man! My wife & I moved to a new place and I didn't purchase a TV - it's been 9 months now. We also have a 12 week girl which provides plenty of entertainment. I'm trying to build my Education : Entertainment ratio. We're not in the dark though, our viewing is very selected for particular shows eg. Shark Tank, House of Cards which we catch on youtube or download.
    Rest of the time is spent working on 2 "slowlane" businesses in 2 separate states.
    I love the look on people's faces, especially those around us on my decision. My father-in-law still insists that we should be get one, only because he can't live without one and whenever he's over he'd have to talk to me lol
    I don't miss it at all. The BS and trivial things people dwell on a daily basis is just unbelievable.. I'm finding alot of intolerance, negativity and drainage of energy from these people, which I try to stay clear off.

What do you think about sleep? I found that sleep also helps boost energy levels. 6-8 hours plus 20-30 min naps have helped me alot over the past few months, especially with the new born.

Thanks again for the post :)

TJH likes this.
  24. HappyFighter

HappyFighter Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $637
    Speaking of sleep... there are still free coupons on Sleep Hacking from the site that gives udemy coupons.

http://jan.dyrda.org/html/udemy_coupons.html

Search for Sleep Hacking there.

25. Mike.B

Mike.B Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $920
    I get guilted into watching TV sometimes; supposedly it's "family time". I hate it!