The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 year old teenager wants to start a business

said.e01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 14, 2023
Hey, my name is Said,

I am a 17-year-old teenager from Germany, and I have the burning desire to create my own business. I read The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco like 1 week ago and this book really opened my eye. I don't want to go the same path everyone in our society is going. I want to create my own business, so I can become financially independent and rich.

But it seems like I don't actually move forward no matter what I do. I have got some business ideas, but the fact that I am not 18 yet is really annoying, because to start a business under 18 is a very complicated process here in Germany. So I think I just wait some months till I am 18, but that's time wasted, and my ideas are worth nothing without actually executing them. I got some side hustles like giving private tutoring and making social media content but for me, it does not seem to get me to my goal.
Like, I don't know how to actually start and execute my ideas. Is the fact that my age is the limiting factor on whether I start a business understandable?

Is there anyone who can relate to my situation? I would appreciate every information/tips/input from you guys! Thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
But it seems like I don't actually move forward no matter what I do. I have got some business ideas, but the fact that I am not 18 yet is really annoying
Is the fact that my age is the limiting factor on whether I start a business understandable?

You're not viewing things the right way.

Being young is the greatest asset you have and it's not a limiting factor in any way. Your mindset, poor insight and lack of experience are the limiting factors.

You'll be able to register a company in a few short months, and when you will do it, you will quickly realize that this was not the thing that was holding you back.

If you want to enter the fastlane, one of the first things to do is to get rid of the habit of blaming external circumstances for your lack of success. "Too young" / "too old" is one of the most popular lie told by people that chose to be victims of their own destiny. Don't become one of them.

One of our members @piano is about the same age as you, lives in the same country, and has already started working hard on his first small business.

Welcome to the forum.
Stick around and you will learn a lot.

Last edited:

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I relate with you as a 19yo, but for a different reason.

@heavy_industry is right, it's not your age that's the problem, it's your mindset.

Changing your mindset itself won't be an easy task. Hell it's probably it's own journey.

Check out the posts by @Fox and @Andy Black , their posts are especially helpful for a young person with no money, skills nor experience.

Remember that everyone only care about the result. Nobody cares if the product/service delivered to them was officially registered or not.

And for "registering for a business" and stuff, a good advice I keep when it comes to these stuff is to stop waiting for permission!

Also Google what a "minimum viable product" is. Maybe you can even make a spin and think about a minimum viable service if you can't build a product. Again, people only want a result.

These videos might help you too:
View: https://youtu.be/r_58zPgArb4

View: https://youtu.be/7KLnXjqKL5g

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I got some side hustles like giving private tutoring and making social media content
What a great start! Businesses have been built doing just one of these.

Watch those videos @kommen linked to. Also check out the first row of links in my signature (turn your phone sideways if you can't see them).

said.e01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 14, 2023
I relate with you as a 19yo, but for a different reason.

@heavy_industry is right, it's not your age that's the problem, it's your mindset.

Changing your mindset itself won't be an easy task. Hell it's probably it's own journey.

Check out the posts by @Fox and @Andy Black , their posts are especially helpful for a young person with no money, skills nor experience.

Remember that everyone only care about the result. Nobody cares if the product/service delivered to them was officially registered or not.

And for "registering for a business" and stuff, a good advice I keep when it comes to these stuff is to stop waiting for permission!

Also Google what a "minimum viable product" is. Maybe you can even make a spin and think about a minimum viable service if you can't build a product. Again, people only want a result.

These videos might help you too:
View: https://youtu.be/r_58zPgArb4

View: https://youtu.be/7KLnXjqKL5g
Thanks a lot for your tips man. I appreciate it and I will surely work on my flaws!

said.e01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 14, 2023
You're not viewing things the right way.

Being young is the greatest asset you have and it's not a limiting factor in any way. Your mindset, poor insight and lack of experience are the limiting factors.

You'll be able to register a company in a few short months, and when you will do it, you will quickly realize that this was not the thing that was holding you back.

If you want to enter the fastlane, one of the first things to do is to get rid of the habit of blaming external circumstances for your lack of success. "Too young" / "too old" is one of the most popular lie told by people that chose to be victims of their own destiny. Don't become one of them.

One of our members @piano is about the same age as you, lives in the same country, and has already started working hard on his first small business.

Welcome to the forum.
Stick around and you will learn a lot.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi man, I think, you are right here.
Starting a Business in Germany is a bit complicated, thats right. But your age is not the reason.
Just start with anything you can do!

said.e01 said: I got some side hustles like giving private tutoring and making social media content

Seems you have allready a good start. Go on from here.

andiholzner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 4, 2022
I'm glad i found this post. I'm almost in the exact same position as you (except im 16). I tried the mainstream way of starting social media marketing because i saw it everywhere but I soon felt like because of my age no serious business would be so thrilled about letting me work for them even if I did it for free.

Now I wonder if I should just keep trying the smma or switch to another business model "better fitted" to teenagers or just read books on sales till I'm 18 or something like that? Are these just limiting beliefs or laziness, I'm experiencing?

I would really appreciate any extra input even tho I feel like the comments above were really helpful already.

paintothetouch53

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 21, 2023
Hey, my name is Said,

I am a 17-year-old teenager from Germany, and I have the burning desire to create my own business. I read The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco like 1 week ago and this book really opened my eye. I don't want to go the same path everyone in our society is going. I want to create my own business, so I can become financially independent and rich.

But it seems like I don't actually move forward no matter what I do. I have got some business ideas, but the fact that I am not 18 yet is really annoying, because to start a business under 18 is a very complicated process here in Germany. So I think I just wait some months till I am 18, but that's time wasted, and my ideas are worth nothing without actually executing them. I got some side hustles like giving private tutoring and making social media content but for me, it does not seem to get me to my goal.
Like, I don't know how to actually start and execute my ideas. Is the fact that my age is the limiting factor on whether I start a business understandable?

Is there anyone who can relate to my situation? I would appreciate every information/tips/input from you guys! Thanks a lot!
This post when I first saw it scared the crap out of me because my name is also Said and I'm also 17 from USA xD. Thought I accidentally posted something I shouldn't have.

Because I'm in a similar position, I'll tell you my plan. Right now, my plan is to continue making habits inspired by The Millionaire Fastlane so they become lifelong---like reading and learning. I'm focused right now on learning how to code so I can make some software as a service, as it doesn't require as much resources as other business venues. I advise you to do the same: learn some technical skill like sales, coding, etc but make sure to also DO. Use those skills to do something to start a business and don't just consume; instead, try to also slide into that producer mindset.

This is the help I got from this forum, so I don't know the qualification I have to really help you beyond regurgitating what was given to me. However, this is my plan and thought it would be useful to maybe shed light on how others are doing it and also that you're not along in the struggle haha!

Alex Henning

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 23, 2023
Im an entrepreneur with quite a few years experience. My only advice is start working and figure out how you can do your job better, try a bit harder, and learn as much as you can. Let that be your mantra and things will come. You may feel pressure, but time is on your side, trust me. Best of luck!

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 4, 2023
Hey, my name is Said,

Hey Said do you want to connect? I am 17 too, and will be 18 soon aswell! and have a similar problem as you. If youre interested of getting to know each other, heres my instagram: everyday.maxim

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...