The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$156 for a Facebook Ads course. Worth it??

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello there folks! I have been trying to navigate my career in Facebook ads domain and i recently came across this course which has amazing reviews and teaches you the a to z of facebook ads but the problem here is it worth 13k and im abit skeptical if i enroll for the course or not. what do yall think about this?

MODERATOR NOTE: 13,000 INR (Indian Rupees) $156 USD.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rahil21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 26, 2023
Hello there folks! I have been trying to navigate my career in Facebook ads domain and i recently came across this course which has amazing reviews and teaches you the a to z of facebook ads but the problem here is it worth 13k and im abit skeptical if i enroll for the course or not. what do yall think about this?
Please don't enroll in any online courses; they are not worth it. Only enroll in physical or offline courses.

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Sep 4, 2023
Why would you pay 13k$ for a course when Youtube is absolutely free and there are TONS of good courses for less than 200$ online... Please save yourself 13k and learn by doing and by following cheaper courses, I can ensure you it will be way better if you spend your time using a 100-200$ course or even less (on udemy) and then you apply the remaining 12800$ to test and market one product (it may be an affiliate product or whatever)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
"The methods are many but the concepts are few"

Concepts: right targeting, right message, right visual, right offer. That's really it. But the methods to get there are myriad, and because of that, one course cannot possibly teach you everything and you'll get your most valuable learnings (the learnings that actually make you millions) by running the ads yourself.

Spend that $13k on ad spend instead.

Take Facebook's free course (Blueprint). If you run into a problem search for it on Youtube.

Most people are better off doing one of two things:

1. Do Facebook's blueprint, get the certification, then get an entry level job doing Facebook ads management
  2. Jump in, spend their own money to try and generate sales for their own product
If you want to learn how to make good ads, use Facebook's Ad Library and look up the top businesses in your industry. See what ads they're running. Most importantly see what ads they've been running for at least a week or two. The longest running ads are usually retargeting ads with very high ROAS.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 5, 2023
Dude don't do it. 13k? That is insane. Large chunks of MJs books are about NOT paying these large sums of money to these gurus to learn how to get rich. Finish the books, especially before dropping 13k on something that isnt even going toward launching your company.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Watch videos on YT to learn the basics and invest the 13k into ads.

You will learn 10x more than with the course.

Then even when you buy the course you still need run ads.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Spend $5/day or $10/day on Facebook Ads, starting TODAY.

Heck, do it for a client for free and even pay their ad spend if you're thinking of dropping 13k on a damn course.

Go into Facebook groups of business owners and post something like what I did on my Facebook and LinkedIn profiles a couple of weeks ago (see below).

I ended up with 30+ people raising their hand.

2023-10-06_11-53-32.jpg

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
OK let me drive this point home with some quick maths

Let's say you're in an expensive industry and you pay $20 CPM ($20 to show your ad 1,000 times)

Let's say your avg frequency is 2, for even-ness sake, so $40 cost per 1000 people reached.

$13,000 / 40 = 325 * 1000 = 325,000

That means for the cost of that course, you could show your ad to 325,000 people. That's 325,000 opportunities to make a sale.

Would you rather get 325,000 opportunities to make a sale... or get 0 opportunities but have a nice course that tells you what to do?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) Do Facebook's blueprint, get the certification, then get an entry level job doing Facebook ads management

2) Jump in, spend their own money to try and generate sales for their own product
3) Do it for free for a case study client where they pay very low ad spend (or your pay it).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If all of the above doesn't dissuade you, then consider this:

"You can't consume your way onto team producer."

For the love of God, please watch the 8 min video in this thread:

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Nov 15, 2022
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR2QbBtxP0E&ab_channel=RyanMayaHello
there folks! I have been trying to navigate my career in Facebook ads domain and i recently came across this course which has amazing reviews and teaches you the a to z of facebook ads but the problem here is it worth 13k and im abit skeptical if i enroll for the course or not. what do yall think about this?
You don't need a 13k for facebook ads. There are many free courses on facebook ads. Even if it's paid it shouldn't be $13k. I'll link you some courses

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFrrEiKLsM4&ab_channel=DylanPondir

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR2QbBtxP0E&ab_channel=RyanMaya

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dymukpfbg4A&ab_channel=AndrewEthanZeng

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PCoZzy4l8&ab_channel=Simplilearn

Like I said you don't need to spend $13k on an facebook ads course

Robdavis

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Can I just clarify, is this course priced at USD13,000 or INR13,000?

I note that your location says that you are in India.

INR13,000 would be approximately USD156. This is still moderately expensive for a course and as other people have said, you are probably better off learning by doing, rather than just by studying courses. When you run into problems, research the solutions to those problems on the web.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

INR13,000 would be approximately USD156. This is still moderately expensive for a course and as other people have said, you are probably better off learning by doing, rather than just by studying courses. When you run into problems, research the solutions to those problems on the web.
Ooo. Good question.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 5, 2023

I was just thinking this

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but this is as comprehensive a guide as you'll need to get started with FB ads. Absolutely free.
Bejezus. That YouTube video is 6 and half hours!?

Meanwhile, I created a 5 minute Google Ads tutorial...

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Udemy has courses for $10

For 13k I want one on one coaching, not a digital course

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India

Hey yes im sorry i didnt specify the amount it is INR 13k, Ill take a note of the advice thank you so much

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 5, 2023
Hey yes im sorry i didnt specify the amount it is INR 13k, Ill take a note of the advice thank you so much
Haha that changes the math immensely. I'd still go for free options, there's sooooo much out there. Id suck up all the free information first.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I'll give me 2 cents

The "free courses" on youtube are generally horrible.

As someone that has been buying paid ads specifically on Facebook since 2007... I wouldn't show most of those youtube courses to my dog.

You can take all the courses on Youtube you want and go over blueprint 1,000 times.

But if you have ANY of the below, you are doomed any ways:

1. You have a mediocre product
2. You have a mediocre landing page
3. You don't know how to write copy or design a good marketing image/video

So save your hours of YouTube and UDemy, and save your money on courses for FB.

Instead, spend that time on the product, landing page, copywriting, and also followup/funnel sequence on the backend.

^^ If those things above are not good, then you are only wasting your time.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
I'll give me 2 cents

The "free courses" on youtube are generally horrible.

As someone that has been buying paid ads specifically on Facebook since 2007... I wouldn't show most of those youtube courses to my dog.

You can take all the courses on Youtube you want and go over blueprint 1,000 times.

But if you have ANY of the below, you are doomed any ways:

1. You have a mediocre product
2. You have a mediocre landing page
3. You don't know how to write copy or design a good marketing image/video

So save your hours of YouTube and UDemy, and save your money on courses for FB.

Instead, spend that time on the product, landing page, copywriting, and also followup/funnel sequence on the backend.

^^ If those things above are not good, then you are only wasting your time.
Thank you so much for the advice, can you please give me three things to keep in mind while writing my content for the ads?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the advice, can you please give me three things to keep in mind while writing my content for the ads?

1. Know what the person is really wanting from you. People don't buy a drill to make a hole. They buy a drill to actually ( fill in the blank )

2. People buy a better version of themselves. They don't care about you and your features.

3. Most people won't buy immediately. Some will, but most won't. Learn to factor this into your marketing content and budget

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
1. Know what the person is really wanting from you. People don't buy a drill to make a hole. They buy a drill to actually ( fill in the blank )

2. People buy a better version of themselves. They don't care about you and your features.

3. Most people won't buy immediately. Some will, but most won't. Learn to factor this into your marketing content and budget
Thank you so much for your insights Jason, I will keep this in mind moving forward

Ammar147

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 5, 2023
MJ DeMarco says that any educational course more than $1000 is a scam but this one is $13k. Damn!

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Fastlaners! Thank you i didnt take that course but rather opted for free youtube course + some paid udmey course and im on way to close a deal for my first freelancing client

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.