The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 pushups x 1 month challenge

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Hi guys, this challenge must be the easiest ever proposed on the forum, all you have to do is 100 pushups with good form per day for 30 days, no matter how you do them, all in one sitting or spread out during the day.

I just failed my first attempt after 5 days...
So I'm debating wheter to restart today or tomorrow.

How it went: Day 1, fine did them in one session took me nearly an hour(was resting plenty and doing other stuff meanwhile), Day 2 it was brutal I completed it still in one session but most sets where 5 reps(day 1 they were 10), day 3 I spread them out during the day and hardly finished them up before going to bed, day 4 pretty similar to day 3, day 5 I get to 49 and in the last 20 there's something off in my right arm... like I pinched a nerve or something it felt super awkward, not hurting but like it's about to mess up so I stopped.

Weight has a huge role since I feel like my joints would be much happier if I weighted 20 kg less..
Restarting the challenge while keeping my calorie intake lower, debating wheter to count calories or not.

I'll be taking one picture per day and maybe make a small video at the end.

You're all welcome to join and see if physical progress can be made from such a simple exercise.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi guys, this challenge must be the easiest ever proposed on the forum, all you have to do is 100 pushups with good form per day for 30 days, no matter how you do them, all in one sitting or spread out during the day.

How it went: Day 1, fine did them in one session took me nearly an hour(was resting plenty and doing other stuff meanwhile), Day 2 it was brutal I completed it still in one session but most sets where 5 reps(day 1 they were 10), day 3 I spread them out during the day and hardly finished them up before going to bed, day 4 pretty similar to day 3, day 5 I get to 49 and in the last 20 there's something off in my right arm... like I pinched a nerve or something it felt super awkward, not hurting but like it's about to mess up so I stopped.

Weight has a huge role since I feel like my joints would be much happier if I weighted 20 kg less..
Restarting the challenge while keeping my calorie intake lower, debating wheter to count calories or not.

You're all welcome to join and see if physical progress can be made from such a simple exercise.
I love it. I used to do press-ups and sit-ups every night as a kid.

I’ve been meaning to get back to doing press-ups every day. I’ll go for 50 initially as I’ve a dodgy shoulder, but will build up to 100 as soon as I can.

I’m in.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Reminds me of 30 Days of Discipline by Victor Pride of Bold and Determined that I read many years ago. I actually looked it up in response to this post and found that he has permanently shut down Bold and Determined and made 30 Days of Discipline unavailable.

The relevant portion of 30 DoD to this thread was 100 pushups, 100 situps, and 100 squats per day. To anyone taking on this challenge, I highly recommend the accompanying exercises. Whether you do 10 sets of 10 pushups or 4 sets of 25, just super set them with the same number of squats and situps - won't take much longer and you might feel a little bit more burn but it will be worth it in the end. You want to take care of your entire body.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Reminds me of 30 Days of Discipline by Victor Pride of Bold and Determined that I read many years ago. I actually looked it up in response to this post and found that he has permanently shut down Bold and Determined and made 30 Days of Discipline unavailable.

The relevant portion of 30 DoD to this thread was 100 pushups, 100 situps, and 100 squats per day. To anyone taking on this challenge, I highly recommend the accompanying exercises. Whether you do 10 sets of 10 pushups or 4 sets of 25, just super set them with the same number of squats and situps - won't take much longer and you might feel a little bit more burn but it will be worth it in the end. You want to take care of your entire body.
to be fair back and biceps work is lacking, I'd just super set with chin ups or pull ups if unbalance was your concern.

D

Deleted74338

This is just not very optimal, rather I challenge you to read "Overcoming Gravity 2" and start the recommended routine from reddit. A good balanced routine is better.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
I love it. I used to do press-ups and sit-ups every night as a kid.

I’ve been meaning to get back to doing press-ups every day. I’ll go for 50 initially as I’ve a dodgy shoulder, but will build up to 100 as soon as I can.

I’m in.

What's up with the shoulder? I've had extremely bad shoulders for 2 years and have seen countless physios about it. Getting better gradually. I might be able to recommend exercises for you based on my research obsession with getting them optimal again and what I've been shown/told from the physios.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
This is just not very optimal, rather I challenge you to read "Overcoming Gravity 2" and start the recommended routine from reddit. A good balanced routine is better.
I agree it's not optimal, it's simple, it isn't an end all be all challenge, do whatever you want on the side, cardio/gym/bw training.

It's just a no excuses kind of challenge, everyone can do pushups with no equipment, can everyone have the discipline to do 100 x day for one month?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What's up with the shoulder? I've had extremely bad shoulders for 2 years and have seen countless physios about it. Getting better gradually. I might be able to recommend exercises for you based on my research obsession with getting them optimal again and what I've been shown/told from the physios.
Weak (damaged?) rotator cuff. Probably from being at a desk on a keyboard for too many years, and not going to the gym for a while. I was seeing a physio and he's given me exercises to get it good enough to go back to the gym. He reckons weights will be the best thing for it.

I did my 50 press-ups today. 3 sets of 17. Noted it on the calendar.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Fantastic idea to everyone who isn't working out already! I got my dad to start doing this, in just a few weeks time he had increased his max push-up count from somewhere around 7 to like 25. That is huge for an old guy!

I better text him and see if he has still been doing any push-ups.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Fantastic idea to everyone who isn't working out already! I got my dad to start doing this, in just a few weeks time he had increased his max push-up count from somewhere around 7 to like 25. That is huge for an old guy!

I better text him and see if he has still been doing any push-ups.
I remember reading of a guy who made it a lifelong habit to do 3 press-ups every time he'd been to the bath room (presumably at home and not when out and about). What a great way of doing it regularly and without thinking.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Weak (damaged?) rotator cuff. Probably from being at a desk on a keyboard for too many years, and not going to the gym for a while. I was seeing a physio and he's given me exercises to get it good enough to go back to the gym. He reckons weights will be the best thing for it.

Okay, well I definitely recommend looking into external rotation, if your physio hasn’t guided you already.
You see we are always INTERNALLY rotating our shoulders. Things like driving, being on desks/using keyboard/mouse all the time use a lot of internal rotation and we are doing these things almost every day. EXTERNALLY rotating our shoulders just isn’t as common and this creates a poor balance in our Rotator cuff which the modern ‘office’ lifestyle has created. I honestly think most rotator issues stem from this without people really knowing the cause. You can easily develop major rotator issues without ever going to a gym.

So obviously we need to step up our external rotation game to start balancing things out. Now, a gym cable machine is great for this but obviously that's not possible right now. I am gonna attach an instagram video I made a few months ago and it replicates what is done on a cable machine. You only need 1 resistance band and you can just attach it to a doorknob.

Do 3 sets of 12 every day and keep increasing the reps as you see fit. Always make it more challenging but don’t go crazy.

That’s just 1 example and there are more exercises on youtube you can follow. But yeah directly targeting the external rotators has worked wonders for me. Try it out.

(Sorry if this hi-jacking the thread a bit OP)

Solomon Kim

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Oct 25, 2019

I'm probably going to repeat information that your physio already told you but this post would be to help anyone out with nagging shoulder pain.

Often times a bad shoulder means that there are other muscles that are either pulling/tight/weak.

First thing you would need is a lacrosse or tennis ball. These would be used to find trigger points (basically EXTREMELY tender spots caused by adhesion/scar tissue surrounding your muscle). All that you need to do is put your body weight on the ball while simultaneously moving the closest limb until the trigger point releases. You will know it releases when the pain subsides, then it's onto another trigger point, ect.

I would recommend rolling out with the ball to your lats/under your armpit, chest, rear deltoid, and trapezius/rhomboids. Afterwards, with your fingers press on trigger points along the back of your head. Repeat for your neck and first rib (this is located in the notch right above your clavicle. You can utilize the ball standing up against a wall or on the floor (which is what I prefer).

Stretch your pecs by standing through a door while having your forearms locked on the side of the door frame.

If you continue to work out your chest and not your back/rear delts, you will develop a muscle imbalance. Then your chest/front delts will cause even more of a rounded posture.

Invest in resistance bands to loop around a pull up bar and perform face pulls to strengthen your rear delts/upper back. Make sure to work on your core as well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Visionary96 @Solomon Kim

Thanks guys. Maybe you should create a shoulder rehab/strengthening thread. I think your notes might be missed in here and could help others if it’s appropriately titled.

@Visionary96 ... that’s one of the exercises the physio gave me to do. The more painful one is lying flat on my back, wrapping the resistance band round my foot, keeping my elbow out with upper arm perpendicular to my body and flat on the floor, and then rotating the forearm towards my foot and then away from my foot. Excruciating. (Hard to explain too... I’ll find a video of someone doing it.)

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I can't even do 1 pushup :rofl: I'm out.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Back in time, when I used to race much Motocross I did 100 pushups and 100pressups to get warm before riding.
Thats gone a while.
I just tried, and I could do 9 pressups. Maybe I should start the challange tomorrow.;)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
What is a pressup?

I have some pretty serious back issues, have also hurt my rotator cuff a few times. I had a pinched sciatic nerve a few years back, and about 3 months ago I pinched a different nerve in my low back. Overall, not fun. I have woke up with serious pain in my lower back for probably the last 6 years.

However, I stumbled upon this guy on youtube somehow and it has literally changed my life. Jeff Cavalier and his Axthlean X company. He puts just a crap ton of free content on youtube. Just search "Athlean X" and any area that you have pain in and I can almost guarantee you that he has a video detailing why you have that pain the first place, and how to fix it. All of his workouts also show you how to avoid hurting yourself. Pretty amazing.

Sure it has only been like 3 months since my last back issue, but it has never felt so good in my life. I wake up and I feel normal, I don't have that lower back pain. For someone who has never experienced issues like this you might not understand, but it is really life changing.

Oh, and I started doing that "pushups every day" challenge like 6 months ago because of my back issues. I noticed that by doing them every day it really was helping my back issues. It helped a lot, but did not fix it. I feel like they are really getting fixed now by running through these new videos that I found and doing the exercises regularly.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Try to do them with your knees down

I am working my way up to regular pushups. I have started with wall pushups about a week ago. Eventually, I'll get there, it's a matter of committing. I'm following the exercises in the book "Convict Conditioning" by Paul Wade :smile2:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Great challenge!

I can currently do about 10 push ups.

Even if I did 10 sets of 10 over the course of the day, I would be too destroyed to continue.

I think I will modify this challenge to try to work up to 100 by the end of the month. Even if it's in 10 sets of 10, that will be more than I've ever managed to do.

Just did 10 pushups, 10 situps, and 10 squats.

Now I need a pull up bar.

.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 18, 2016
Belgium, Europe

Enthusiasm is great.

But reading your log of the first 5 days and the nerve pinch... It seems that your body is trying to tell you something.

Challenges are great when they motivate you to progress, but it should not be in absolute terms like 100 push-ups a day , rather in relative terms (e.g. 10% more push-ups per day than last week's daily total), to take into account feedback from your body and where you currently are...

Otherwise you will keep running into walls and give up after a while

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 2

Did 3x 17 (51) this evening. I was sore from yesterday’s 51 before even starting the first set. The last set felt like I could do more, but I kept it to 17 for now.

I’ll take a day or more off if I feel the body isn’t recuperating properly.

So my goal is to *get* to 100/day by the end of the month. Maybe I add two extra per day? Starting at 51/day then that should (comfortably?) bring me to 100/day in 30 days.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just did 10 pushups, 10 situps, and 10 squats.

Now I need a pull up bar.
Yes. Reminds me of the torture my brother used to put me through. 15 air-squats, 10 press-ups, 5 chin-ups. Repeat. He called them Bloody Mary’s or something. I called him something else.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How’s everyone doing?

Day 3:

3 x 18 (54)

I can see it getting hard pretty quick if I add one more to each set every day. Will be interesting to see how the body adapts.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I restarted again and now I have some weird thing in my left shoulder...
I'm either too heavy for this amount of reps or I should just warm up a little bit before starting to do pushups but how?
Thought about doing some easier forms and really focus on getting some blood flowing before starting my sets.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 4

3 x 19 (57)

Damn... I barely made the last 3 reps.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's all great to see you guys making progress but please look out for your joints, especially shoulders and biceps. The body needs recovery (where the muscle-building process happens) so don't push yourself dangerously just to reach that 100 mark.
Agreed. If I get twinges I’ll take a few days off and start lower again. This is very much like media buying to reach growth targets. Work out how to increase a bit at a time. Expect drops as well as increases.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.