The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10,000 comfortably NOs cold call challenge

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
Why?:
I wanted to start my own drywall company, but realized I need to learn how to sell.​
Knowing almost nothing I have googled "how to sell" which led me here and somebody posted Benjamin Dennehy video:
I loved it, it made sense to me and now I want to learn how to do cold calls. Selling is something that always wanted to know, but I was afraid to act. After 20 years, (I am not 20 years old), this needs to change. There is simply NO OTHER WAY.
This kind of threads, seeing people starting from zero and progressing over time provides tremendous value for other people. Especially for me since I'm also scared to death cold calling. So I want to provide readers the same.​

Why 10,000 NOs?
I felt that @Vilox thread ended too soon, at least for me, it seems he just started to warm up and then it abruptly ended. From experience I've learned it takes about 2-3 years to learn some trade above amateur level. I figure 10,000 NOs will take that long. It's enough long time to develop strategies for repeatable success. Methods will probably change in that period and I will most certainly employ other methods beside cold calling.​

Why NOs?
Few reasons.​
  • Dial itself is too easy. Means nothing to me.
  • Want to get comfortably numb to getting NOs. Unless I don't care it's a NO how can I be relaxed to going for YES?
  • Want to make prospects feel they can be comfortably saying NO. If they are not comfortable saying NO, why would they be comfortable saying YES? Making prospects comfortable with me is top priority

Ok I don't know what else to say at the moment. I'll post findings after 100 NOs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
That's a lot of cold calls. More power to you man. Here's an even better way to learn rejection. Ask the most beautiful girl out on the street and see how you feel afterward. You might be scared to do it, but it's good practice.

They'd probably say No to me and I'd be okay with that. I'm a Nerd, not a good looking dude. True story, I don't get approached by many anyway. So I know I'd be okay.

Total overkill, but you'd definitely learn how to get over rejection fast. You'd eventually come to realization that your still alive. Just walk away and say "Well I'm glad I tried!"

Last edited:

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Do you think there's potentially an easier way to start a successful drywall company...?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.