The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
I think you’re delusional thinking you’re going to fund a kitchen appliance hardware startup on a minimum wage job… and that you’ll do it in 2 months to boot.

If your idea is good, then go get investors to fund this. (But I don’t think the idea is good).

Being blunt because I don’t want to see you wasting your time. But some people need to learn the hard way and maybe you’re one of those.
Well... Dammit...

I've gotten quite a lot of good replies, including on this forum.

And I did learn the hard way already - i've failed multiple businesses.

Still, I believe saving just about any person from 60%+ level income an entire hour every day is a pretty good relative value.

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Has anyone seen or used this?

As someone whose weakness is sales, it seems interesting... no affiliation whatsoever, but am considering their appsumo deal.

athlete

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 17, 2023
can you guys give your perspective on "How should I deal with our children falling in love with someone when they are merely 13-15 years old? What should I do?"

note: And I am not good at english so I am using chatgpt to structure my sentences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Still, I believe saving just about any person from 60%+ level income an entire hour every day is a pretty good relative value.
And not a value you will be capable of providing to anyone unless you have serious capital to invest... either yours or others.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
All my fellow BJJ players know what this is like lmao.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hey guys, I am looking for some advice.

My business partner and I have been debating over our business model.

The type he wants is a client model, where it's paid monthly. His reason is because the company is worth more if you have subscribers.

The type I want is one where people come back for more.

Both of these models are working and making money, but the first is much more difficult to fulfill than the latter.

Why? because our business has an element of randomness. The first is trying to bring predictability into a random situation.

Meanwhile, the second one is just where someone pays, they get what they pay for, and it's done. No waiting for anything.

The second also has a much larger degree of passivity for me and him.

But is it true that the company must have monthly recurring subscribers for the company to be worth a lot in the future? Or can simply a list of buyers that come back for more suffice?

The fulfillment is easy on the second, difficult on the first.

Sure, the first is not as much upfront money, but it's 100% less stress.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Today I, @Subsonic and @Jinzou met up in Frankfurt!

We were talking lots about business, obviously also casual stuff and it was very fun with everyone.

We were also taking a look at @Subsonic's newly overhauled website and made Subsonic cringe about his minor spelling mistakes haha

Anyways, just wanted to share how alive this community truly is!

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida

The type he wants is a client model, where it's paid monthly. His reason is because the company is worth more if you have subscribers.

Both of these models are working and making money, but the first is much more difficult to fulfill than the latter.

Why? because our business has an element of randomness. The first is trying to bring predictability into a random situation.

Meanwhile, the second one is just where someone pays, they get what they pay for, and it's done. No waiting for anything.

But is it true that the company must have monthly recurring subscribers for the company to be worth a lot in the future? Or can simply a list of buyers that come back for more suffice?

Suppose you could try both - recently I've seen seo sites like lowfruits + and koala writer sell pay-as-you-go credit packs and monthly memberships. Benefits to doing both as well. Check out their offerings and see if you could do that.

I agree with your partner though the recurring is where the money is at when you look to sell or raise capital.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
All my fellow BJJ players know what this is like lmao.

I know nothing about BJJ but this guy looks like has a flourishing business.

View: https://youtu.be/6HhCajvimEw?si=wU-4ylpKhCXPnGoe

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Today I, @Subsonic and @Jinzou met up in Frankfurt!

We were talking lots about business, obviously also casual stuff and it was very fun with everyone.

We were also taking a look at @Subsonic's newly overhauled website and made Subsonic cringe about his minor spelling mistakes haha

Anyways, just wanted to share how alive this community truly is!
Can confirm.

I did buy luxury water on accident.
10/10 investment.

Attachments

• 20240309_163624.jpg
    20240309_163624.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 18

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Why do you have a partner before you even decided on the business model?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Why do you have a partner before you even decided on the business model?
To reiterate - we do.

We’re making about $3k recurring monthly right now with the client based model.

I’m just wanting to switch it to the other

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
To reiterate - we do.

We’re making about $3k recurring monthly right now with the client based model.

I’m just wanting to switch it to the other
Fulfilment might be easier on the second but what about getting them to come back again? That seems like you are replacing one issue with another.

It would be nice to think healthy returning customer rate would be reflected in the sale price, but even if it was, it would be much harder to get the same sale price as if it was just recurring revenue.

The business is working I’m not sure why you would change it. From your post it doesn’t even sound like a debate, just we have a business that is working and I’m trying to convince my partner to change it.

I would just solve the issue of fulfilment being harder on the recurring model, seems easier than switching business models and trying to work out how to get customers to keep coming back and buying from you again.

You may be underestimating how hard it’s going to be to get people to keep coming back and buying more and taking the recurring revenue for granted.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Easy. Flat monthly subscription regardless of outcome + pay per lead for performance. You can charge $250/mo flat, the rest performance based.

Zizu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 9, 2023
Croatia
For the first time since I've read TMF and trying to find a business for myself, I'm finally feeling confident about what I'm doing.

I'm writing blog posts about health and tips for my job. Posted my first proper post this week, and currently posting once a week (I have posts for the next 5-6 weeks ready).

Sharing those posts to fb groups dedicated to the job and reading comments really inspires me. I've had 360 something views on this week's post which is nothing but makes me incredibly proud and happy I'm actually helping people.

The funny thing is that I still have nothing to sell yet.

I created a lead magnet which is a 25 page ebook, and that lead magnet e-mail has a follow up sequence to the ultimate CTA being to join my (free) fb community.

Nobody downloaded the lead magnet yet, but I do have one member in the community (which I see as a tremendous win).

Although I am planning to put in some affiliate links (which I'm actually planning to buy to test the products), I don't want to do so yet, as I first want to gain some proper credibility from my readers.

I'm also posting on instagram, but it's much harder to get to the proper audience there. I've had my reels reach 3k+ viewers, but only gained 1 follower from them. I suppose its the algorithm still trying to find its way.

That's that for now. I decided not to create a separate thread for this as I'll just see how it goes and update you guys here.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Fulfilment might be easier on the second but what about getting them to come back again? That seems like you are replacing one issue with another.

It would be nice to think healthy returning customer rate would be reflected in the sale price, but even if it was, it would be much harder to get the same sale price as if it was just recurring revenue.

The business is working I’m not sure why you would change it. From your post it doesn’t even sound like a debate, just we have a business that is working and I’m trying to convince my partner to change it.

I would just solve the issue of fulfilment being harder on the recurring model, seems easier than switching business models and trying to work out how to get customers to keep coming back and buying from you again.

You may be underestimating how hard it’s going to be to get people to keep coming back and buying more and taking the recurring revenue for granted.
This might make you see a bit more what I mean - but we're in lead generation.

Saying to someone we'll get you 10 leads predictably that match your exact criteria is an uncertain promise.

But every single person has a criteria. A lead that is worthless to one person is worth thousands to another, so a per lead model can scale much bigger and faster as opposed to being limited to the stress of generating a package of predictable leads with a specific criteria.

A single lead that would've been sold to someone for $100, when they buy that lead as just one, is now sold for $200

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
This might make you see a bit more what I mean - but we're in lead generation.

Saying to someone we'll get you 10 leads predictably that match your exact criteria is an uncertain promise.

But every single person has a criteria. A lead that is worthless to one person is worth thousands to another, so a per lead model can scale much bigger and faster as opposed to being limited to the stress of generating a package of predictable leads with a specific criteria.

A single lead that would've been sold to someone for $100, when they buy that lead as just one, is now sold for $200
Yeah makes a lot more sense doing it that way

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

I guess I'm currently classified as subprime. I'm never borrowing ever again. Thank God the card is paid off and I don't have it anymore.

Nice read though.

Last edited:

Brookzo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2024
Yep. we're going to try this. We can have our cake and eat it too.
Just make sure not to put the monthly fee too high, if your service deals with randomness, your clients might experience a dry period and drop it. I'd say a go lower on monthly one and higher on "per lead", going to average out for you over the longer period anyway, but people won't feel as uneasy over the dry periods

Any of you folks btw savvy with CCW? Been thinking about trying out building my own(P365 base+ icarus precision grips + a red dot) Might ask some advice here n there

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I've been running ads the last few weeks and results have been OK.

Since targeting and relevance are pretty good I think the next part in lowering cpa is improving the site.
Professionelle Fensterputzer im Main Kinzig Kreis

If you have a minute, I'd love some quick suggestions to improve the site.
Loading times are one thing I need to work on probably.
Fixing your website speed will be a game changer.

@Dockid brought mine from 5 seconds to 2 seconds and it halved my cpa

Use PageSpeed Insights to check your speed this is what showed for me

IMG_8001.pngIMG_7999.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads