The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YouTube Shorts - Results & Tips

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
I've been working on a shorts channel since 2.6 months and I've gained almost 1.6k subscribers, 1.9k watch hours and 221k+ views. These are the lessons I learnt while working on this channel:

1. Fix a time for shorts, like I'll upload a short everyday at 2:00 PM. I think this helps youtube identify your existence and the algorithm give some time to analyse your channel.

2. Be consistent, I mean do not miss the routine you set for yourself to upload the shorts. It's the hardest part of being a shorts creator! As your channel can just die if you stop uploading for a while..(unless you've a mass follower base)

3. First 3 seconds should be focused on hooking the audience. You can do this by showing the most interesting part of your short in beginning as this would make audience to keep watching.

4. Keep an eye on average view duration (try to reach atleast 70%) and audience retention as well. These are the key factors for your shorts to go viral

5. Engage with your subscriber and people who comment on your videos as it would leave a remarkable memory in their mind.

6. Try to keep the video as concise and to the point as possible. Don't try to increase the length of shorts unnecessarily as you're just one swipe away from getting lost in shorts feed..

7. Try to add a CTA at end of your shorts. It can be either to ask for opinion or mention their favourite part.. anything that suits your video

I'm not a youtube guru but These tips worked for me. I'll keep updating if I find something new and interesting..

Attached some insights from studio:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_0822_202112.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0822_202112.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2023_0822_202056.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0822_202056.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2023_0822_202040.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0822_202040.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 7

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
Haha I do shorts as well and I found this post pretty helpful, So far I’m just starting out. I made 2 shorts so far. The first one I made a while back has 50k views, the second one I made yesterday has 11k views. They have above 70% view duration so thats pretty nice ig.

I have experience in web development so I plan to build a large audience where I can showcase something I can scale. (This could be a product or something) I don’t plan to do short form content for the long term.

Also I have a question.

Does your shorts experience some type of fluctuation in views? Like suddenly you get a spike in views then you don’t and then you get another spike?

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
Does your shorts experience some type of fluctuation in views? Like suddenly you get a spike in views then you don’t and then you get another spike?
Yes that actually happens on a regular basis as I've heard from some experts that youtube gives you some initial impressions and then it gets stagnant. And if your retention would be good then it will again push your videos to a broad audience after 3-4 days. Although that's not a fixed pattern as I've seen this pattern in some of my videos even if they have 60-65% retention while some videos having 78-80% retention just get stuck. I think shorts still is a part of luck.

Hope this helps

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for sharing. Please keep updating with learnings.

Added to the master thread:

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Excellent post!

I found a thread on Twitter awhile ago about how posting shorts on your Youtube channel (with the assumption that you also have longform content uploaded) can actually slow down your channel growth.

Since you're only uploading shorts, you probably don't see this. But I might experiment with one of my channels to see if that's the case. It would be a shame, because like you've proven, shorts can be such an insane way to grow video views.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Great post, thanks for sharing your advice and experience

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.