The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Youtube Marketing Language

Marketing, social media, advertising

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
Hello all,
I had to write this in order to get some opinions or advices about how I am thinking to market my business.

I am still employed and doing freelancing for many years now and I love it more than working for a company and I had decided to eventually go on my own, but first I need some solid clients before quitting my job.

I am doing IT infrastructure stuff (security, virtualization, networking etc) and I already have a blog for many, many years and now I want to promote myself also using Youtube and online courses.
The questions I am having:
– Should I do the Youtube videos in english or in my own language?
– Should I mix them (english and my native language)?
– Create two Youtube channels?

I want to reach customers outside my country also, but if I do them in english I don’t know if I will get clients locally.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello all,
I had to write this in order to get some opinions or advices about how I am thinking to market my business.

I am still employed and doing freelancing for many years now and I love it more than working for a company and I had decided to eventually go on my own, but first I need some solid clients before quitting my job.

I am doing IT infrastructure stuff (security, virtualization, networking etc) and I already have a blog for many, many years and now I want to promote myself also using Youtube and online courses.
The questions I am having:
– Should I do the Youtube videos in english or in my own language?
– Should I mix them (english and my native language)?
– Create two Youtube channels?

I want to reach customers outside my country also, but if I do them in english I don’t know if I will get clients locally.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.
I’d think two different YouTube channels would work better if you’re going to do videos in two languages.

How has blogging worked for you so far? Where do you current freelancing clients come from?

I was an IT contractor for 10 years (maybe slightly different than being a freelancer). I got contracts by checking online job-boards and getting to know the recruiters who had the kind of roles I did (Oracle DBA).

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
I’d think two different YouTube channels would work better if you’re going to do videos in two languages.

How has blogging worked for you so far? Where do you current freelancing clients come from?

I was an IT contractor for 10 years (maybe slightly different than being a freelancer). I got contracts by checking online job-boards and getting to know the recruiters who had the kind of roles I did (Oracle DBA).
Thanks for the fast reply

Blogging is going great, but not great as far as getting clients. I got some (local and around the globe), but not on a monthly basses which is what I want, just on hourly payment. When they have a problem they contact me, I start the clock and fix the issue.

I kind of thought the same, having two channels because in my country the investment in the IT infrastructure is not that great (using cheap stuff), so I cannot create advanced videos since local small and medium businesses are not using this kind of technology anyway.

Another thing that popped-up in my head is:
Do you think that I should show my face in a small circle or something in the video, or just the plain and simple video?

Adrian

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blogging is going great, but not great as far as getting clients.
Curious what your definition of going great is.

I got some … but not on a monthly basses which is what I want, just on hourly payment.
Have you tried selling the monthly retainer style package?

Another thing that popped-up in my head is:
Do you think that I should show my face in a small circle or something in the video, or just the plain and simple video?
Either way works.

Paddy Galloway has a YouTube channel where he posts 10 minute explainer videos once a month-ish. He doesn’t show his face. Because his videos are exceptional it brings viewers which brings business.

I’m erring towards not having my face on camera because it’s easier to film and edit. Unless I do Live videos which I’m considering too.

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
Curious what your definition of going great is.
I got a few clients, but most of them are system administrators not willing to pay for the service.
Have you tried selling the monthly retainer style package?
Thought about it, but I guess I did not had the guts to ask until you said it. Good point.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I got a few clients, but most of them are system administrators not willing to pay for the service.
My personal definition is they’re not a client or customer until they’ve paid.

Are systems administrators your target market?

Who will pay for your service?

Who already has those clients?

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
Are systems administrators your target market?
No, definitely not. I have a few admins that I help out and I get paid for the service.
Who will pay for your service?
I want focusing on small and medium businesses.
Who already has those clients?
The ones that I work with right now are mine only. As discussed above I will try and make a monthly retainer style package.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My bad.

“Who already has your clients?” (Jay Abraham)

It means… what business or person already has all your clients gathered in one place?

I was a contract Oracle DBA. Oracle already had my clients.

If you provide support for Shopify stores then where would you find all the Shopify store owners?

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
My bad.

“Who already has your clients?” (Jay Abraham)

It means… what business or person already has all your clients gathered in one place?

I was a contract Oracle DBA. Oracle already had my clients.

If you provide support for Shopify stores then where would you find all the Shopify store owners?
My actual clients have businesses like software for production, selling stuff, etc. Nobody has them.
Those that are selling stuff, off course they depend on the ones that actually build the products.

I don't know if I understood exactly what you mean by this, and if it actually matters.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.