The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

You don't need to be an expert

Dylan Hobrecht

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I missed the point to this! Even as simple as it seems...

I took it as to completely let go of self-help! But self-help is good. In the afterhours, or spare time. It's to put your focus on getting client's results. Weather that's ppc, IG, or else.

It doesn't matter to look in a book every now and again. But we want to be masters at what we are doing. When all it takes is some basic interpretations.

I'm glad I had the change to re-read this!

WE have been sold a lie,
-to do something you can't fail!

When in reality it's holding us back. I was spending all my time in the wrong direction. And then again I was going to spend hours, maybe even day's trying to master PPC. When all I need to do is get down the basic stuff. To tell you the truth. I've done it before. I might just post one up and be done with it!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
This can be summed up in a few one liners that Andy has used a few times around here.

"Start"
"Engage the market in hand to hand combat"

No secret to this stuff really you just have to dive right in and get after it.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I missed the point to this! Even as simple as it seems...

I took it as to completely let go of self-help! But self-help is good. In the afterhours, or spare time. It's to put your focus on getting client's results. Weather that's ppc, IG, or else.

It doesn't matter to look in a book every now and again. But we want to be masters at what we are doing. When all it takes is some basic interpretations.

I'm glad I had the change to re-read this!

WE have been sold a lie,
-to do something you can't fail!

When in reality it's holding us back. I was spending all my time in the wrong direction. And then again I was going to spend hours, maybe even day's trying to master PPC. When all I need to do is get down the basic stuff. To tell you the truth. I've done it before. I might just post one up and be done with it!
This can be summed up in a few one liners that Andy has used a few times around here.

"Start"
"Engage the market in hand to hand combat"

No secret to this stuff really you just have to dive right in and get after it.
Agreed guys.

I think it boils down to this:

Walterbl

Contributor
Sep 23, 2018
Solid stuff

You don't need to be an expert to teach. You just need to know a bit more than your student.

Ing

Contributor
Jun 8, 2019
Reminds me to my youth. A short episode, no one must read, my life is not so important.
Well. When i was about 15 or 16 years, I read much. Accidently I got into my fingers How ToGet Friends.... . I loved psychology and so, when we had boring family meeting s , I started to ask people about their interests. Everybody likes to talk about what he loves. So in quite short time, i knew for a 16 yr old much about clothes, real estate, dogs, cats, cars, bikes, boats... and all what people can be interested.

Because on every other meeting, party, crowd, i did the same.

And by the time, i often was told by my parents, that many people held me for an expert just in their own field.

Wow. That was an impressive experience for my.

Well sorry to say, i didn’t use that to develop a direct business, but that made me joy and made my life much easier.

Now, 40 years later, as i was remembered to that by this thread, i ll try that technique again. Ill get a e-commerce pro! ;);)
By know, i know already, how to start the laptop!

When you read all till now: thanks for your interest!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom